• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candyflipping could cause more neurotoxicity than MDMA alone.

Kind of thought it was common knowledge that adding LSD to a roll would make it harder than your body. LSD and MDMA have synergy so the sum of the positive (and negative) effects should be increased in theory.

Forgive my potential ignorance, but where does it mention candyflipping, or LSD? Am I missing something here?

TRue its mentioning doi and 5 meo dmt as a candy flip. Traditionally its lsd and mdma.
Hey guys anyone wanna bump the Ald-52 thread I got a trip report I'm working on but I can't bump it myself. Much love
Nugz

This might be ignorant but I thought that because LSD is a serotonin analogue, it sort of "fuels" the MDMA with less impact on the native serotonin levels?

I have to admit though, candy flipping has wrecked me more than either alone.

Unfortunately, the chemicals involved are too complicated for a simple assumption like that. LSD really doesn't do anything with serotonin that would be expected to dampen the impact of MDMA. Calling LSD a "serotonin analogue" is already a pretty big stretch.

I do feel that it should be pointed out though that DOI and 5-MeO-DMT have very high efficacy for 5-HT2A, whereas LSD is a low efficacy partial agonist. I would wager that it's possible that LSD could actually work antagonistically in this way and inhibit the neurotoxicity. Of course, we will never know until someone tests that specifically.

This might be ignorant but I thought that because LSD is a serotonin analogue, it sort of "fuels" the MDMA with less impact on the native serotonin levels?

I have to admit though, candy flipping has wrecked me more than either alone.

Maybe it's harder on the body, softer on the actual neurochemicals. LSD IS a pretty potent vasoconstrictor.

Is MDMA-induced vasoconstriction mediated by released serotonin acting upon 5-HT2A receptors? If so, I think it's worth noting that LSD should actually decrease, rather than increase this effect, as it has been shown to do with serotonin administered directly.