View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Candyflipping at rave; LSD dosage?

Pretty_Diamonds

Bluelight Crew
OK, so I have some nice MDMA, I'll probably dose 120mgs (I usually do 200mgs)

But what about the acid? I've only tripped a few times and they were all so so amazing.
I've never candy flipped though.

They say you should dose to LSD first, but since it's a rave and there's going to be police present, I'd rather wait til I'm inside, ya know? I don't want to be tripping in line, or trying to get in. I don't know, am I being paranoid?

Do you think it'll be ok to dose them both at the same time? I got a place to stay afterwards, so I don't mind still tripping after the rave. I also got some benzos just in case the mdma comedown is weird. But the glow from the LSD is usually extremely pleasant.

I candlyflipped for the first time abiut two weeks ago. Despite most reports saying that you should take. he lsd first, I decided to dose with ~125mg mdma first, and then about two hours in ~75 mg mdma and 2 hits of lsd. Keep in mind I have plenty of experience with both of these drug on their own.

Taking the mdma first really set the mood for the entire trip. It put us in an amazingly open headspace as we entered into the lsd trip. I know some people say coming down from mdma while you're on an acid trip would be terrible, but my girlfriend and I felt no come down to speak of. The acid just seemed to make the rolling feeling get even stronger as it started coming on, as well as bringing with it the familiar visuals and psychedelic headspace.

Neither I nor my girlfriend felt any negative effects the next day aside from being pretty tired, but thats to be expected after staying awake for over 24 hours.

Next time i candyflip, i definitely plan on doing it in this order again as it was an amazing experience.

One last thing to add: this combo left me feeling completely satisfied. I usually like to trip pretty often, but after this trip I didn't really have much desire to repeat the experience again sometime soon like I normally do. It was such an amazing experience that I felt like I wouldn't need to repeat it again any time soon.

I love when people find out taking mdma first and then lsd is the way to go for the exact reasons from descriptions above. I'm glad you had an amazing experience.

I love when people find out taking mdma first and then lsd is the way to go for the exact reasons from descriptions above. I'm glad you had an amazing experience.

Can't imagine doing it any other way. It was perfect.

Nice ^^

Mhmm, I wonder if it would be overwhelming to dose at the same time.

Never done that with lsd, but I did dose 1.5 g of shrooms with 125mg of mdma at the same time once. The come up was a little intense, but honestly I chalked that up to the setting I was in. (I did this at six flags) while it may have been a bit confusing on.the come up, it was definitely worthwhile, but I think I would have preferred to have not taken them at the same time.

If you're going to do it, I would say dose at separate times, you'll get more out of it that way.

Last edited:
Combining lsd and mdma works both ways. Even taking lsd after the mdma peak will hit hard. It is extremely euphoric and visual.

I've also tried this combo in many ways, and it almost doesn't matter what order you take in because they will synergize like a mofo. So on that note, you don't need big doses of either unless you're a hard head with one or the other (or both). It's just that my favorite way is taking it around 3 hours into the lsd trip because then I get some of the lsd effects on its own, and then the rest of the trip has mdma-ness weaved into it. Either way, it should create a strong +3 for anyone/everyone. :)

I've done this several times, and I've found ~125 mg of MDMA with ~75 mcg of LSD to be the ideal for myself and others. I've tried taking the MDMA about an hour after the LSD and I've tried taking both at the same time. It's an excellent experience either way.

I don't want to be tripping in line, or trying to get in. I don't know, am I being paranoid?

I always thought that was part of the experience :p

Do you think it'll be ok to dose them both at the same time? I got a place to stay afterwards, so I don't mind still tripping after the rave. I also got some benzos just in case the mdma comedown is weird. But the glow from the LSD is usually extremely pleasant.

Should be fine if reasonable doses and set/ting.

Nice ^^

Mhmm, I wonder if it would be overwhelming to dose at the same time.

I always took them at the same time. Preferences vary. Probably the best thing to do, bang for buck wise, is to synchronize the peaks, although maybe not in a rave type setting. For that purpose I can see why the MDMA first is a good idea. I never really did the combination apart from either at big festivals where we got absolutely knackered on prolific polysubstance use so ordering meant fuckall, or in an intimate setting at home so it wasn't really a factor there either.

I miss raves.

People still unironically go to raves? Are there still unironic raves going on? I'd go to one TBH.

People still unironically go to raves? Are there still unironic raves going on? I'd go to one TBH.

Uuh yes... They're just not advertised as "raves" anymore, on a much smaller scale and better curated (if you look in the right places, anyway)

Last edited:
^ I've been to the (the place you mentioned but edited out so as a courtesy I'll do the same) actually a good few times and I'm aware there are good parties around. You know what I mean ;)

Last edited:
SKL-lol. I'll be missing it even when I'm 50. I think I'm going to turn into that grandpa who's always saying "back in my day..."

The best (well, most fun) phases in life always seem to be ephemeral for me. Bio tech needs to hurry up and slow the aging process to a complete crawl. :)

Have you thought about dosing in your car when you get to the venue? If you are paranoid about cops you probably don't want to have anything on you while waiting in line/trying to enter the rave. As mdma and LSD both take 45-60 minute to kick in, you could most likely dose both at the same time in the car, go through the line empty handed and start coming up by the time you get inside.

I'd give tips since I don't want to see a BLer get caught, but I'm afraid I can't do that. =/

LSD is remarkably hard to find from a pat down though.

I have always wondered this too. I don't even know the best techniques myself, yet I'd see pipes/bags of mj and substances brought in by someone even though they do give everyone a quick search. It's kind of twisted ($$) since the VIP lines are usually search-free, though idk about now. I never asked, however I always wondered how the F they brought such items in that seem impossible to accomplish when people go through the normal lines. Not to mention the risk...

Like it was said, the car option is the best. It's always done right before we get out and walk towards the venue. That's what my friends and I would do, and we'd see just about everyone else do the same too. But yeah, usually everyone feigns sobriety because it usually takes >2 hours just to get in if you're going to one of those huge raves, or sometimes longer (some people hate these lines, but once you socialize with the people around you it's a lot of fun. Since practically everyone's rolling, this happens just about every time). And you'd only have to keep yourself somewhat together/normal so as not to attract too much attention (ironic as there are some super funky/candied-out people at raves...always).

Again, be safe and have a blast. Let us know how it goes. :)

SKL, LMAO, part of the experience?You be trippin'!!

I ended up dosing the acid first and then two hours later, some molly. ;P There actually wasn't really a line since we went early. (Also I'm a chick so we do not get pat down, they did check my purse though.) I could have done a higher dose of molly but all in all, it was magical!! <3 Fucken set was awesome. Hardly any glow stickers though.

Thanks for all your advice! I think it worked out well dosing the acid first just because of the duration.

:happydance:

SKL, LMAO, part of the experience?You be trippin'!!

I ended up dosing the acid first and then two hours later, some molly. ;P There actually wasn't really a line since we went early. (Also I'm a chick so we do not get pat down, they did check my purse though.) I could have done a higher dose of molly but all in all, it was magical!! <3 Fucken set was awesome. Hardly any glow stickers though.

Thanks for all your advice! I think it worked out well dosing the acid first just because of the duration.

:happydance:

Haha, that's good. That's also how I like to candyflip too. :)

That's funny, I'm a glowsticker myself, and with using photons. I'm not that good with gloves or pois though. =D But the latter two seem to be the new toys!

Great that you had fun. I think I still young enough to fit in, but inside I feel too old to go, heh.

Oh cool! Post a vid. ;D I was telling my bf how glow sticking (namely photons) is a lost art. We only saw a few guys with gloves and orbits (no just plain glow sticks).

You should just go! No one judges. There was this 60+ yr old guy who used to go to raves WEEKLY. He was pretty chronic but always invited to after parties. <3

lol, that sounds fun, though I wouldn't post it here. I'm quite protective of my physical identity. And I don't like doing it with a mask, smiles are a part of it. :)

Maybe around Christmas, since my friend will be throwing a party, I'll PM it to you? Lmk. =D

Haha, that's true, I would see oldies there too! But I just wouldn't want to go alone, because nobody I know wants to go anymore, lol. Maybe if people would meet up? Heh.