• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Opioids Canadian Opioid Users

If you want to be real old school ask for some 222s. For whatever reason that's what the 8mg codeine / 15mg caffeine / 325 mg aspirin tablets (analogous to T1s) were called.

I thought those were 20mg coedine? The equivalent of Tylenol 2. I could be wrong, can't remember if they went away because coedine doses had to be less than 8mg to be sold over the counter, or because x/aspirin combo pills fell out of favour when Percodan was the media's society-ruining drug of the month.

I remember there was a bottle of them in my parent's medicine cabinet that I was under strict orders to never, ever touch when I was little, and that bottle was probably older than me.

I thought those were 20mg coedine? The equivalent of Tylenol 2. I could be wrong, can't remember if they went away because coedine doses had to be less than 8mg to be sold over the counter, or because x/aspirin combo pills fell out of favour when Percodan was the media's society-ruining drug of the month.

I remember there was a bottle of them in my parent's medicine cabinet that I was under strict orders to never, ever touch when I was little, and that bottle was probably older than me.

Nope, the pharmacy that carries it in my prov, the huge mostly french canada chain with a french guy's name (enough hints I think), although it might be because I live far from Montreal, closer to the metropolis you might have it at other pharmacies. They have 222's, my mom who hates pills knows what 222's are, because she had migraines as a teen/young adult and her mom also bought 200 count bottles off 222's she told me. Anyways, when I was weening myself off shooting up before going to the ORT clinic, I had to wait a month when I was ready to go. So I got T1's and Mersyndols (doxylamine, codeine, tylenol, no caffeine, but very $$$$, but I bought a little so I could add doxylamine and codeine that I would lose no matter how good a home CWE one does.

So,

List of active ingredient(s)
Active ingredient(s)Strength
ACETYLSALICYLIC ACID 375 MG
CAFFEINE CITRATE 30 MG
CODEINE PHOSPHATE 8 MG
Current status:
Cancelled Post Market
Current status date:

2015-08-17
Original market date:
1951-12-31
Product name:
222 TABLETS

Looks to me like they're gone, I looked for all products with codeine that was marketed on the Health Canada Drug Database and it's all by itself, with tylenol or in syrups that have a lot of crap in them. I'm sad they're gone, they were much easier to do CWE's with than generic T1's, the aspirin stuck to the bottom of the mug much cleaner and faster. Gone is the best mean for a medium addict to ween themselves off by themselves, which is a lot more rewarding, I can attest to that. I didn't buy any after 2012 so, yeah. Goodbye, sweet grandma headache medication.

I think a lot of companies have left the codeine market because they don't want to deal with the fallout. I think even now governments could be cracking down leading to the price hikes, shortages and rumors of it being removed from the market entirely.

I do feel like their glory days are gone, back when they were a third of the cost and available everywhere.

I think a lot of companies have left the codeine market because they don't want to deal with the fallout. I think even now governments could be cracking down leading to the price hikes, shortages and rumors of it being removed from the market entirely.

I do feel like their glory days are gone, back when they were a third of the cost and available everywhere.

Empracets are still the most commonly prescribed painkillers here, generic ones, Ratio-Codeine 300mg APAP/30mg codeine. There's also Codeine Contins that have no generics at 50,100,150 and 200mg dosages. Pure codeine Ratio-Codeine cough syrup is still available widely, especially since Hycodan hydrocodone (pure) syrup is discontinued and only PDP-Hydrocodone (generic) syrup exists now...never had the latter but Hycodan syrup was the most delicious cough syrup ever, tasted like cherry pie...but prescription codeine cough syrup at 30mg/ml like Ratio-Codeine tastes like slightly bitter honey. Also pure 30mg codeine pills is what I got last time I got bronchitis with the antibiotics 3 years ago, so, I don't think it's going anywhere. They're very afraid of marketing Ibucodan/Codofen (hydrocodone 7.5mg/200mg ibuprofen...only compound pharmacies do those) and they rather script you a shit-ton of 300mg/30mg codeine pills than script you Percodans or Percocets. It's a shame hydrocodone is relegated to painful cough only, even the crappier Tussionex in pill form isn't only hydrocodone, it has some other non-desirable thing in it, which is what made the Hycodan 5mg pills so great. Too bad they retired the brand 2 years ago and now only the generic cough syrup remains. It's also in a lot of other syrups that have a lot of ingredients in them, codeine or hydrocodone, but nobody is able to take more than 20mg of hydro or 60mg of codeine from those lesser syrups due to all the other crap in them, APAP, guaifenesin, triprolidine etc.

sorry I was referring to the OTC market. There use to be 3-4 companies for tylenol #1s but now it's pretty much only teva's lenoltech No.1

in other discussion, has anyone in ontario been prescribed extended release morphine for addiction? It seems like they only want to prescribe suboxone these days or methadone.

IDK I feel like healthcare is all talk and our health minister does not give a flying fuck. Talk of a safe supply is just that, talk. It would be nice if healthcare got out of the way and stopped criminalizing addiction and making it harder for substance users to live a relatively stable life. Not everyone is a typical drug user who needs to be hand held.

I don't agree with this. If i was offered hydromorph instead of methadone I would still be banging hydros

Some people (like me) cannot take methadone, it's wreak havoc on my thyroid and other hormones and made me gain 110 pounds in 10 months back in 2012-2013. If I had enough hydromorph and wasn't ruining myself buying so much brand name 4mg and 8mg Dilaudid, I would have just snorted them, going IV all the time was an economic decision for me back then. Of course i would have never ended up there had my doctor not retired without telling me at my last visit when he scripted me Percodans 3 times a day. I find it funny now, I could have endured an approximate 15mg of oxycodone withdrawal as opposed to how tough it was to get off suboxone after the 'done. Real pain patients such as me taking agency in their pain treatment when being abandoned is a mistake but it's like...what does the government expect? Dunno if that did that in Montreal, left the place and the northern shore suburbs almost 10 years ago now.

Considering that this pandemic has HIV RNA sequence inserts and those Indian scientists were likely pressured politically into withdrawing their honest papers, it's the only thing that explains a lot of cases but when there are deaths, they are very degenerative cases where people aren't the same anymore.

HydromorphContins will hold a previously Heroin slamming person at the right dosage. In fact, if we had MS Contin 30 day detox like in Switzerland, Austria, France and other more socially advanced countries, there would be less fucking around with people on methadone and suboxone for years on end. Suboxone shouldn't be used long term, like methadone, unlike other opiates and opioids, those 2 are strangely those messing around with testosterone and other hormones the most. I bet that's on purpose but I'm not really the trusting kind when it comes to medical orthodoxy.

Some people (like me) cannot take methadone, it's wreak havoc on my thyroid and other hormones and made me gain 110 pounds in 10 months back in 2012-2013. If I had enough hydromorph and wasn't ruining myself buying so much brand name 4mg and 8mg Dilaudid, I would have just snorted them, going IV all the time was an economic decision for me back then. Of course i would have never ended up there had my doctor not retired without telling me at my last visit when he scripted me Percodans 3 times a day. I find it funny now, I could have endured an approximate 15mg of oxycodone withdrawal as opposed to how tough it was to get off suboxone after the 'done. Real pain patients such as me taking agency in their pain treatment when being abandoned is a mistake but it's like...what does the government expect? Dunno if that did that in Montreal, left the place and the northern shore suburbs almost 10 years ago now.

Considering that this pandemic has HIV RNA sequence inserts and those Indian scientists were likely pressured politically into withdrawing their honest papers, it's the only thing that explains a lot of cases but when there are deaths, they are very degenerative cases where people aren't the same anymore.

HydromorphContins will hold a previously Heroin slamming person at the right dosage. In fact, if we had MS Contin 30 day detox like in Switzerland, Austria, France and other more socially advanced countries, there would be less fucking around with people on methadone and suboxone for years on end. Suboxone shouldn't be used long term, like methadone, unlike other opiates and opioids, those 2 are strangely those messing around with testosterone and other hormones the most. I bet that's on purpose but I'm not really the trusting kind when it comes to medical orthodoxy.

I agree, lots of people would have never started IV use if they could afford other routes of administration. There's also lots of people whose main issue is harms via criminalization rather than the drugs themselves. so this program will help those people out

I'm not so sure about the long term pharmacology, I think I read that many opiates can affect hormones, so IMO keeping a stable tolerance at lower doses is ideal and I think drug culture often pushes people into wanting to push the limits and always wanting a higher dose. When that higher dose will often just become the "normal dose" and learning to cope with a weaker high/maintence dose is important for a drug user.

I don't agree with this. If i was offered hydromorph instead of methadone I would still be banging hydros
methadone and suboxone are still available and 99% of addiction centres will still only focus on those two compounds. It's not like people who don't want to be on them will be kicked off and be given something else.

There's lots of people who simply are not going to quit and don't want to be on suboxone or methadone for whatever reason. It's not like methadone or suboxone don't have drawbacks for the user.

We should be supportive instead of opting for criminalization of drug users.

I agree, lots of people would have never started IV use if they could afford other routes of administration. There's also lots of people whose main issue is harms via criminalization rather than the drugs themselves. so this program will help those people out

I'm not so sure about the long term pharmacology, I think I read that many opiates can affect hormones, so IMO keeping a stable tolerance at lower doses is ideal and I think drug culture often pushes people into wanting to push the limits and always wanting a higher dose. When that higher dose will often just become the "normal dose" and learning to cope with a weaker high/maintence dose is important for a drug user.

methadone and suboxone are still available and 99% of addiction centres will still only focus on those two compounds. It's not like people who don't want to be on them will be kicked off and be given something else.

There's lots of people who simply are not going to quit and don't want to be on suboxone or methadone for whatever reason. It's not like methadone or suboxone don't have drawbacks for the user.

We should be supportive instead of opting for criminalization of drug users.

I have discovered i am one of those people. I was on a " sober for life " trip that post, now reality set in.I couldn't get to 2 months off opiates before that i was a drunk.
I haven't been sober in years and I don't really want to be.
The first few weeks off methadone was hopeful though but my support systems are non existent and the one i had basically told me to do it.

I use codeine which is OTC, but there's a lot of opiate users in ontario where I live. The same issues as elsewhere, people selling analogues as heroin and sometimes with a benzo analog as well.

Don't they just put like 8mgs of codeine in the OTC shit?

No wonder dope is just as popular

Can't even get a tylenol 3 might as well get smacked

Don't they just put like 8mgs of codeine in the OTC shit?

No wonder dope is just as popular

Can't even get a tylenol 3 might as well get smacked

yeah and the caffeine is just horrible as well 15mg/tab. It makes higher doses less practical since the caffeine ends up dominating and a lower dose often makes for a better high IMO, especially if you want to nodd.

I typically use 15-20 tablets as a single dose and dose 3-4 times in a day, but I know that's not practical for most people with their large tolerances.

I have grown some poppies, but breadseed ones and I think they might have been low morphine type ones so nothing special. I still have a small bunch as decorations. After trying opium I realized that a lot of people who buy opium actually get scammed and buy the "red rock opium" aka "dragons blood" since they always describe it as flower and opium is definitely not flowery

The good thing in ontario is that it's easy to get on suboxone or methadone if you just need to be on maintenance. but it's still annoying

I wouldn't even buy tylenol 1's dopesick af.
Even a cwe you still get jitters off caffeine and i never liked codeine anyway. I get a huge histamine reaction from it