• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canadian conservatives launching billion-dollar free market in medical marijuana

Bluelight Crew
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-market-in-medical-marijuana/article14590161/

The Conservative government is launching a $1.3-billion free market in medical marijuana this Tuesday, eventually providing an expected 450,000 Canadians with quality weed.

Health Canada is phasing out an older system on Monday that mostly relied on small-scale, homegrown medical marijuana of varying quality, often diverted illegally to the black market.

The Conservative government is launching a $1.3-billion free market in medical marijuana this Tuesday, eventually providing an expected 450,000 Canadians with quality weed.

Health Canada is phasing out an older system on Monday that mostly relied on small-scale, homegrown medical marijuana of varying quality, often diverted illegally to the black market.

In its place, large indoor marijuana farms certified by the RCMP and health inspectors will produce, package and distribute a range of standardized weed, all of it sold for whatever price the market will bear. The first sales are expected in the next few weeks, delivered directly by secure courier.

“We’re fairly confident that we’ll have a healthy commercial industry in time,” Sophie Galarneau, a senior official with the department, said in an interview.

“It’s a whole other ball game.”

The sanctioned birth of large-scale, free-market marijuana production comes as the Conservatives pillory Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau’s campaign to legalize recreational marijuana.

Health Canada is placing no limits on the number of these new capital-intensive facilities, which will have mandatory vaults and security systems. Private-dwelling production will be banned. Imports from places such as the Netherlands will be allowed.

The story continues: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-market-in-medical-marijuana/article14590161/

Perfect. The infrastructure will all be in place for full legalization. :)

The commenters aren't too happy about this. For instance:

So much for the little guy, who gets a mandatory jail sentence if he's unlicensed to grow more than six plants.

But the the moneyed-interests will be able to immediately come in and set up large-scaled operations.

Coming soon, pot brought to you with all of Monsatos' goodness.

The people growing their own are pissed because its a license to grow money.

See the powers to be realized that they want the money. why allow others to grow what they can make a killing off. 450,000 people x 50 $ x 52 weeks in a year = 1,170,000,000 Don't kid yourselves this is a monopolized market designed that way for profit.. period. Free market is the way to go with grass.. and people should be able to grow their own. The system they are talking about would be better off for the legalization and regulation of the harder drugs. When the greedy politicians get their hands in the cookie jar that is drugs, they will not be able to help themselves.. pushed on by the money of big pharma.. with recent developments I'm now confident that I will see all drugs legalized and sold in a minor like this before the end of my life time.

I can't say which company or how I got it, but I tried some the new soon to be legal weed. Its very mid range. Well flushed and no chemical fertilizer taste, but I can grow better weed than this. If you are used to top quality you will not be happy. I have been to Amsterdam/Cali/BC and this is not nearly as good as the average in those places.
If you want super good weed it's going to come from a 25 plant crop that got love, not a mega farm.

The small timers growing specialized strains are being eliminated so that that industrial scale grows can produce mediocre product and sell it at inflated prices.

I'm going to have to get past the parts of me that wanna bitch about all the trivial stuff that others here have already noted, and just say that this is fucking beautiful.

Do you guys even realize that the gov't is just going to register all marijuana users into a database that employers and doctors will have access to? Even if the pot is legal, this is their plan. What do you suppose this will mean for your employment and health insurance? Well i'll tell you, it means that you will not get a job anywhere and if you already got a job and end up on this database of registered weed smokers you will be fired as laws have already been passed to allow employers to do this and laws have also been passed in order to let health insurance companies to drop you if you end up on this list... Its just a big scam to fuck over you guys even more and "in their minds" to hopefully get you to enter a life of crime and end up in jail so they can put you to work in slave camps.

Your employer doesnt have access to your health records. If you start demanding toke breaks they know, otherwise that information is 100 percent private.

As far as I know Canada doesn't have private prisons and American style prison work camps (correct me if I'm wrong), but that is definitely a possibility for the future since they'll already have the names. I just hope they aren't growing weed with the cheapest synthetic fertilizer containing polonium-210. That isotope is why chewing tobacco causes cancer.