Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - W-18 drug 100 times stronger than fentanyl, says Calgary police

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
W-18 drug 100 times stronger than fentanyl, says Calgary police
Chris dela Torre
CBC
January 28th, 2016

Calgary police say a new drug 100 times more toxic than fentanyl is likely available on city streets.

Police seized a single sample of W-18 late last year, said Staff Sgt. Jason Walker.

"And I can guarantee you, there's got to be more out there. We just haven't seen it yet."

Read the full story here.

300px-CAS_93101-02-1.svg.png

This drug does indeed have analgesic activity that is 10,000 times that of morphine, at least in mice. Interestingly, it was created by chemists at the University of Alberta.

Last edited:
So someome ordered a small sample off of a chinese vendor, got caught and now they are advertising it to the public. Good job CPS.

given those levels this is pretty scary and does not sound like it would be enjoyable to use. Fent is pretty much dose and face plant. This stuff is probably even worse. Dose and die?

Drugs like this put me off taking powder without testing it first. Scary to think how little it would take if it were used as cut.

"100 times stronger? Well, I will take the same dose anyway." - candidates for the Darwin award

If the CPS are to be believed , a hot spot in the cut is likely to be lethal .... indeed frightening how someone's life can be another's hands .

Interestingly, it was created by chemists at the University of Alberta.

Very interesting indeed! This is the school where I plan to do my graduate studies in medicinal chemistry, though I was unaware of research into novel opioids on campus!

Steer them towards psychedelics :)

Maybe in post doc, that's dangerous territory to tread for a graduate student hahaha
But really it would be a dream come true but it seems opportunities like that are once in a lifetime.
I should try to find a way to work under David Nichols