• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Medical marijuana patients can grow 'limited amount' of cannabis at home...

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Medical marijuana patients can grow 'limited amount' of cannabis at home under new laws
Andrew Foote
CBC
August 11th, 2016

Canadian medical marijuana patients can grow their own cannabis or get someone to grow it for them under new, expanded rules that come into effect later this month, Health Canada announced Thursday.

Patients approved for medical marijuana will be able to register with Health Canada to grow a "limited" amount of cannabis for their own medical purposes.

"If an individual wants to produce a limited amount of cannabis for his/her own medical purposes, he/she must submit an application to register with Health Canada," said a department background document.

"An original medical document from the health-care practitioner must be provided and the application must include information such as the location of where cannabis will be produced and stored."

They can also designate someone else to grow it for them, for instance if they're not healthy enough to grow their own, granted the other person passes a background check showing they haven't been convicted of a drug offence in the last 10 years and aren't growing for more than two people, themselves included.

Read the full story here.

Someone prescribed a gram a day could grow two plants outdoors or five plants indoors to be able to supply themselves.
------------

Pro tip right here: tell the doctor you eat it and therefore need lots. I know people with 25 plant exemptions. I wish it would hurry up and get legal, this just gave BC organized crime several more zero risk crops until legal day. Every time the police check a grow there its a designated grower. Illegal growing barely even exists anymore, it's just people who know how to manipulate the medical laws.
You know how fucking big I could grow two plants indoors? To me it sounds like a challenge. How is that a limit, the number of plants? People grow them small because it's fast but in places where there is small per person limit I have seen monster plants make a total mockery of the rules.
Just legalize it for everyone I am so sick of a two tier system for medical users. All use is medical, maybe a 16 year old is recreational but all my friends in their 30's and 40s want it for pain, or to sleep or some other medical reason. I don't think people who were able to manipulate the system should be seen as special and exempt. Now its the laws but in a year from now the medical exemptees are going to expect to be exempt from legal pot taxes too. I use beer for insomnia, how come I cannot get out of alcohol taxes? I don't like that we are creating a special class of people for whom the laws do not apply. Are regular Canadians going to be allowed to grow a few too after legalization I bet no.