Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Group of B.C. addicts to receive heroin by Christmas, lawyer says

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Group of B.C. addicts to receive heroin by Christmas, lawyer says
Peter Edwards
Toronto Star

A group of Vancouver drug addicts is slated to become Canada’s first recipients of legally prescribed heroin by Christmas.

As many as 202 patients should receive the laboratory-manufactured heroin from Europe by the end of the year, their lawyer said Thursday.

“I think there’s a sense of relief,” said Adrienne Smith, the health and drug policy lawyer with the Pivot Legal Society that represented five heroin addicts from Vancouver’s downtown East Side.

“I think there’s still lots of work to be done for other people in Canada who required medication and who have been barred because of (federal) ministry of health interference.”

The patients won the right to receive lab-produced diacetylmorphine (heroin) after B.C. Supreme Court Chief Justice Christopher Hinkson granted an injunction in May exempting them from new federal regulations.

Read the full story here.

Canadian judges are awesome, they've been striking down Conservative laws left and right.

santa_claus.jpg

Canadian judges are awesome, they've been striking down Conservative laws left and right.

If it wasn't for them, we'd have to put up with a lot more repressive policies implemented by the current Federal government.

That's cool and all but that's a long way off for a dope head.

They worry today, and maybe tomorrow.

This is good they are finally following through i live in Vancouver and know first hand how many addicts need this sense of stability. But Its only a matter of time before some dickhead trys to get rid of this program like they are doing to safe injecting sites but hopefully they fight and stick around.

Last edited:
well,guess whos movin to canada..;)

Lol i doubt you would qualify it mainly for people who are at their wits end anf have tried methadone, Suboxone and every treatment in the book with no succes. Some people dont react well to methadone or Suboxone so this is a better option. Its more expensive short term quite a bit more but in the long term its gonna be way cheaper for taxpayers than methadone is which is alwayd good. It will be much healthier and easier on the body compared to high dose methadone imagine actually being able to shit and not being in a fog all day where you sweat even doing simple tasks such as making your bed. So many people go on methadone doses that are 3-4 times higher in opiates than their previous heroin habit was.

Lol i doubt you would qualify it mainly for people who are at their wits end anf have tried methadone, Suboxone and every treatment in the book with no succes. Some people dont react well to methadone or Suboxone so this is a better option. Its more expensive short term quite a bit more but in the long term its gonna be way cheaper for taxpayers than methadone is which is alwayd good. It will be much healthier and easier on the body compared to high dose methadone imagine actually being able to shit and not being in a fog all day where you sweat even doing simple tasks such as making your bed. So many people go on methadone doses that are 3-4 times higher in opiates than their previous heroin habit was.

I've been on MMT now for a few years and oh my goodness I can't stop sweating whenever I physically exert myself for more than 10 minutes. And I mean moderate exertion, not sprinting or something of that intensity. And when I do start sweating, it's as if its pouring out of my sweat glands.

Edit - The worst area of my body by far is my forehead in relation to the sweating.

That being said, it doesn't smell like my usual, B.O. sweat, but rather like a chemical-type odor - makes sense. And then I heard that apparently sweating while on MMT causes the blood level and half-life of Methadone to decrease, as does Vitamin C for whatever reason (not sure if it's true though).

Unfortunately, even after all this time I don't know what to do in order to reduce the sweating.

I have tried using Clonodine several times, but it always kicks my ass (knocks me out cold) and doesn't do much in terms of helping to reduce perspiration.

Edit - The only thing that helps is to have a good fan blowing in my face, but that's just a band-aid at best. A colder climate also helps, as I've noticed that my heat tolerance has decreased significantly. I used to abhor winter, but now I enjoy it immensely, which is something I never expected.

Other than stopping the Methadone altogether, anyone happen to know if there's something which can be used to help with this?

I was thinking of rubbing antiperspirant all over my body, but then I was thinking it might kill me - hah...

P.S. - I tried Buprenorphine under medical supervision twice, but it hasn't helped much with withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Wish HAT would be available here. Part of the reason I want to move to Switzerland is because of their HAT program, as well as the fact that I have a lot of family residing in Genestrerio and Geneva. Furthermore, it's right smackdab in the middle of mainland Europe, which is so convenient if I wish to check out a rave in Amsterdamn, the sights and sounds of Paris, the historical landmarks of Rome, and so forth. Sigh... I wish.

Last edited:
Methadone is a full opiate agonist, a nmda agonist, a SRI and ERI. Its interactions with the brain are substantial.
Neuropathic Pain: Causes, Management and Understanding

When I was on it I was also really sick. But I was freezing all the time and im not sure if it was from the methadone, probably more the illness.

Please have your vitamine d levels checked once or twice a year and if you are male and on over 40 mgpd I would also have your testosterone checked.
Methadone side effects, separating fact and fiction.

Low vitamin d status of patients in methadone maintenance treatment.

Hypogonadism and Low Testosterone Levels as a Side Effect of Methadone and Buprenorphine

Opioid-Induced Endocrinopathy

When I was on 110 I used to sweat like crazy...basically had all the bad side effects. Sleepy during the day, couldn't get off, could get it up but couldn't finish. Now that I've tapered down 40mgs to 70 I barely sweat at all. I basically have the positives and not many negatives...except having to go to the fucking place 6 days a week. But I will say it took some time to come down 40 comfortably...had to do it like 2mgs a week and even then went back up a couple times by a few mgs.

Also the bbenzo Rx helps but I'm trying to not take them as muchbc I need to be hooked on them again like I need a shot of narcan lol