• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada: Get-tough plan on drugs doomed

jubai said:
Then put his brain in a tank merger with a quantic-biologic multi computer and fuse the consciouness of everyone into one. By then we'll just run around in inexistant worlds, superflous desires or total voids, plugged to a central of consciousness and information, bodies nano-feeded omega3s and piracetam for constant perfect awareness. Then you'll know why post-singularity will never be like post-singularity.

So get used to god old conservative ass tunneling becoming the de-facto standard for a while. At least I get to choose the lube (or presence thereof) and have been relaxing my rectum in submissive positions to lessen the unevitable pain non-believers will suffer.

When you will be up against the wall, no one will hear your scream.

Real bottom line: The first one to slip MDMA in Harper's drink and youtube the ensuing events will win the game.

My prediction: massive change of consciousness, perfect combination of rationality and emotion, Canada becomes the birthplace of a new advanced and blissful civilization for centuries to come.

And all thanks to weed!

Good lord, please send some of what you're on south of the border! :D

jubai, please stay on topic, this is not CE&P. If you think criminalizing small amounts of personal use drugs is a "good idea" and "good government policy" I have no clue why you are posting on this forum.8)

Crazeee said:
jubai, please stay on topic, this is not CE&P.

Sorry about diverging a bit (and making some embarassing, uneditable grammar mistakes in the process)

My posts clearly tell I do not think of criminalizing small amounts of drugs as beeing good government policy. I do have strong views on drug tolerance. My point is that this was a predictable price to pay when we elected the most competent man, which I'll endure as long as the man keeps his good job on the other issues, and things stay to a sane level (at least in my province. )

How could I be for tougher laws on small amounts when I admitted to smoking hundreds of time in public space?

Crazeee said:
If you think criminalizing small amounts of personal use drugs is a "good idea" and "good government policy" I have no clue why you are posting on this forum.8)

Ah, so having the same opinion as you is a logical prerequisite for posting on this forum? What if I really was for the criminilization? That means I would be "clueless" for posting my views here?

I gather your ideal view of this forum is a group of people, already "clued-in" with the same pro-drugs, pro-legalize-everything views saying the same thing with different words. What a great open debate place this forum is, indeed! 8)

You were right to bring me back on track, but tagging me as clueless for (wrongly) beeing pro-criminilization on a supposedly open drug forum is perplexing and borderline disappointing, for a mod.

Last edited:
^^ Perhaphs I shouldn "pick" on you, I just find it preplexing how people who use drugs in whatever form, and ARE INTERESTED IN HARM REDUCTION which is the ultimate goal of BL, can support a federal policy of any government clearly directed in the opposite direction.

I am not going to preach about the societal ills and costs at large of criminalizing possesion of small amounts of drugs , as I am sure you know what they are.

Supporting the government intent on making more damage and ultimately cost more of tax payer's money while contributing to misery of general population who occasionaly may use drugs simply does not make any sense.

So hence my jab at you, I simply figure that people who support harm reduction of drug use in any form, cannot logically support government that wants to "punish" drug use to make themselves look good to the conservative voting crowd and our big daddy down south

It doesn't make much sense to vote for the guys that want to throw you in jail for smoking weed or using any other drug for that matter. How the hell anybody who uses drugs could support that twat harper is beyond me.

He is trying to be like bush and he would be if he actually had the power to do so. Thankfully he does not so he can't get to out of line. Bringing in minimum sentencing for drug offences is what they have in america. There drug policy has worked wonders so far hasn't it?

^^ If there is any hope, the cons have just lost in Ontario big time (ok are about to lose), hopefully it's an indicator of what will happen at federal level come election time. However it's hard to defeat (even a minority) government when they are reaping the economic benefits of previous goverment's policies, while slipping their own BS policies such as this one to gain some right wing voters.

jubai said:
Most of BC (heya cousins!) and Quebec will do the same as usual: pretty much nothing, as most policeman (here in Montreal anyway) are smokers, sometimes on the job.

I've had 0 problems with smoking anytime, almost anywhere for years. It's just part of the culture. Weed + poutine? Booze + hockey? Latin dancing + coke? Raves + mdma + threesomes?

so you think its not gonna make a change on the street and will still be able to smoke on main streets with no hassle?
weed+poutine should be a combo available at lafleur!=D

Heads up to all those traveling in Canada!

Hi guys, I didn't know where else to post this, but here seems appropriate enough.

Last weekend was Thanksgiving for us Canadians, and as I stepped off the Greyhound bus in Ottawa, I was FLOORED to see drug-sniffing dogs at the bus station, giving the passengers (myself included) a once over, surrounded by security and cops, etc.

I've never seen drug dogs at any bus terminal I've been to, and I've lived in Canada all my life.

Thankfully, I had nothing on me (finished it before I left, even though I didn't plan to :) )

So let this serve as a heads up to all of you traveling by bus: the Conservatives mean business. Be careful!

Jubai, what are you smoking?

The Harperstien monster is without doubt a puppet to the bush administration, and I have been seeing all his motions up untill now as an attempt to emulate American Republican policies, not the least of which is sending troops to Iraq, and now licking bush's ass with his drug policies.

Pragmatism? heh. Just because he is the least incompetent of the few available "choices" (all of whome are incompitent in their own little ways), doesn't make him necessarily good. This is not pragmatism, it is pure passivity brought on by laziness that many Canadians seem to have. I said it before: As long as your avarage joe-canadian can have his beer and hockey game, he'd be more than happy to cut his rediculous lawn every weekend and and vote for the conservatives and against rational change (such as the reform proposal that just failed).

Last vote, I voted for the Marxist-Leninist party. Not because I hoped they'd win, or because I support their slightly loony platform, but for the sole purpose of giving all the others one less vote.

Last edited:
Lola'sCola said:
Hi guys, I didn't know where else to post this, but here seems appropriate enough.

Last weekend was Thanksgiving for us Canadians, and as I stepped off the Greyhound bus in Ottawa, I was FLOORED to see drug-sniffing dogs at the bus station, giving the passengers (myself included) a once over, surrounded by security and cops, etc.

I've never seen drug dogs at any bus terminal I've been to, and I've lived in Canada all my life.

Thankfully, I had nothing on me (finished it before I left, even though I didn't plan to :) )

So let this serve as a heads up to all of you traveling by bus: the Conservatives mean business. Be careful!

Wow that is extremely scary to hear, as i have ridden the greyhound many a times to ottawa with pot on me. And im flying to nova scotia soon so i guess ill have to leave all my fun at home.

I didnt expect to see his plans in action so fast, maybe they had a tip for some drugs moving that way?

^ Yeah, maybe it was an isolated incident (like acting on a tip), but it might actually be Harper's cronies wasting our tax dollars on this bullshit.

I seriously hope it's not the case that this will be a regular sort of thing at the bus station or wherever else, but this whole "get tough on drugs" thing is pretty scary. Man, do I ever hope I'm wrong that their plan is in motion already...

In any case, I wouldn't take a chance with anything...

P.S. Clamjuice, you should have no problem getting weed out there, anyway. Some of the friendliest potheads I know are from Halifax :)

Good luck, and have fun in Nova Scotia!