• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Can you use an oil burner pipe (meth pipe) for smoking DMT?

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
I've got some freebase DMT powder, but I'm not sure how to smoke it properly without wasting the product. I've never smoked DMT in the past. Initially, I thought about smoking it off of aluminum foil but after some research I figured "chasing the dragon" with DMT wouldn't probably be the best experience. So I bought an oil burner pipe (meth pipe). From what I've learned, DMT is pretty hard to smoke, and some suggest using "The Machine" (making it out of a glass bottle), and they said using a meth pipe might cremate the product (since I may not heat it properly), or I end up inhaling the liquid and burn my throat and lungs.

Do you guys suggest using a meth pipe for DMT? And is the process of smoking DMT off of a meth pipe the same as smoking meth? (like I put the DMT powder directly into the bubble end of the pipe, head the pipe from underneath using a lighter, and inhale the vapor).

xx.jpg
xd.jpg

We used to use pipes meant for DMT. I think the physical properties of crack and DMT are quite similar.... but methamphetamine hydrochloride has a much higher MP.

I would give it a go but not rule out simply forking out the 5 euros for a DMT pipe.

I notice your DMT is a yellow colour. I kept mine in a freezer under dry nitrogen. I only ever had very pure material but I know how readily DMT oxidises and thus the colour so I'm not saying it's not just as potent.

Would only use bulb with someone else, get it away from me

For those of you who have tried smoking DMT with an oil burner pipe, how do you get the DMT powder into the bubble end? I found it EXTREMELY hard to put the DMT powder through the small hole in the bubble end once I measured the weight. I had to create a tiny "paper funnel" that'd fit the hole side, but when I slid it in, the powder would stick together, so I had to poke them with a toothpick or something to make the powder go inside the funnel and into the pipe. It was very time-consuming and troublesome. I'm curious how you guys do it. Any tips?

(CC @Didgital @AlsoTapered )

DMT freebase melts at 40°C i.e. much lower than any other drug (except nitrous, I suppose) so an appropriate pipe will have a hook where the liquid collects and can be very gently heated. I cannot find ANY DMT pipes of the type sold in places like Kokopelli.

It's a pain in the ass to put DMT into the hole (you can see the size of pipe's hole in the picture on my first post).

I think with larger holes, the vaporized DMT might escape through it, so there's that trade-off, I guess.

I was never able to smoke DMT in an oil burner without it being unpleasant. I always burned it, which creates a very foul and harsh smoke. Then again... I would usually use the oil burner for my 2nd or 3rd hit, so I probably wasn't using it well at that point :trippypepe:

Either way, it was a hell of a lot easier to overheat than meth.

Weed sandwich was always so much easier and better experience for me.

I notice your DMT is a yellow colour. I kept mine in a freezer under dry nitrogen. I only ever had very pure material but I know how readily DMT oxidises and thus the colour so I'm not saying it's not just as potent.
Yellow/orange DMT is a salt form, and is also commonly sold. Only freebase is white (?). I extracted some pure white stuff and stored for a few years, opened the bottle hundreds of times, and it never turned yellow. I don't think the color is oxidation.

I think it would have been easier if the DMT powder did not "stick together". For example, crystal meth doesn't "stick together" so it's much easier to put powdered crystals into the small hole. (other examples include ketamine, coke, etc.)

So you use vapes for the first few hits?
No. Regular old weed pipes or even a bong, sandwiched in between some weed. Sounds crude, but it actually works quite well and efficiently, also masks the taste a bit. It's my preferred method.

I would not suggest this unless you have a high tolerance to weed.

No. Regular old weed pipes or even a bong, sandwiched in between some weed. Sounds crude, but it actually works quite well and efficiently, also masks the taste a bit. It's my preferred method.

I would not suggest this unless you have a high tolerance to weed.

I see. A friend of mine suggested me to build The Machine™ for consuming DMT; he said using an oil burner pipe might burn away the DMT.

Unfortunately I don't have a driller (to make holes in a glass bottle) to build The Machine™ and it also just sounded cumbersome - but a lot of experienced DMT users seem to use it apparently.

"Irrespective of source, crystals originating from synthesis were predominantly white crystals obtained using crystallization from hexane, whereas yellow samples following recrystallization with acetonitrile. Irrespective of source or solvent, two polymorphs appeared to exist with melting points, determined by DSC, of 57 °C to 58 °C for Form I and 45 °C to 46 °C for Form II.

Its closeness to the melting point indicates a tendency of Form II to convert to Form I on storage, a phenomenon that was also facilitated by grinding. This study indicates that the presence of differently colored DMT free base crystals obtained from recrystallization might also point towards the existence of polymorphs rather than just the presence of impurities.

Yellow/orange DMT is a salt form, and is also commonly sold. Only freebase is white (?)
This is not true at all. Even the pure freebase can be different colors due to polymorphism, and salts can be snow white as I've seen in the case of DMT fumarate. The acetate, is actually a brown oil!

I see. A friend of mine suggested me to build The Machine™ for consuming DMT; he said using an oil burner pipe might burn away the DMT.

Unfortunately I don't have a driller (to make holes in a glass bottle) to build The Machine™ and it also just sounded cumbersome - but a lot of experienced DMT users seem to use it apparently.
I have never used The Machine but I understand why experienced people recommend it.

Using an oil burner made it taste caustic and burned my mouth/lungs. I tried it a few times and it just wasn't fun... but I could have been doing it wrong.

Weed sandwich seems brainless, but it worked well. I smoked A LOT of DMT at the time and weed sandwich never failed me.

This is not true at all. Even the pure freebase can be different colors due to polymorphism, and salts can be snow white as I've seen in the case of DMT fumarate. The acetate, is actually a brown oil!
What is chemical polymorphism (unrelated to genetic polymorphism)?

I thought DMT fumerate was well known for its vibrant orange/yellow color? Freebass is white? DMT oxidation products are reddish?

I don't know much, though. Only DMT-NEXUS lore.

My naptha AB extraction stuff was always pure white, never noticeably oxidized or changed color. The only yellow I noticed were plant oil impurities which were removed after drying.

DMT oxidation products are reddish?
This is i think true. I see red, maroon, and even purple, especially on dessicant used to dry solvent pre crystallization.
What is chemical polymorphism
Chemical polymorphism is when a single compound is able to crystallize in a least 2 different structural crystal forms/lattices.

Polymorphs generally dont change the pharmacology of the compound but it can cause the crystal to have different physical properties (melting point and density especially) and can also impact bioavailability. Maybe our bodies are easier able to orally dismantle and break down one polymorph over another.

I actually find it pretty fascinating that type 2 converts to type 1 over time. That means the crystal lattice is rearranging itself to a more thermodynamically stable form. I wonder if the shape of the crystal changes.

As someone who has been around a lot of DMT, IME polymorphism doesn't seem super controllable during a crystallization, tho I've never really tried to influence one over another. I've seen both polymorphs, and I can't really tell much difference in shape. Only observation I've been able to make is type 1 polymorph crystals are clear, while type 2 seem to be a bit opaque white, but that may not be universal.

DMT freebase melts at 40°C i.e. much lower than any other drug (except nitrous, I suppose) so an appropriate pipe will have a hook where the liquid collects and can be very gently heated. I cannot find ANY DMT pipes of the type sold in places like Kokopelli.
Interesting. I initially thought the regular vape pens that I use for CBD/THC 510 cartridges wouldn't make it hot enough for DMT to evaporate (at least that's what someone told). But it seems like the boiling point of THC is around 311F-320F, CBD is around 356F, and DMT is around 320F. So I guess vape pens that people use for CBD/THC 510 cartridges would be just fine?

I was doubtful because I had to take like two hits for me to feel "anything" with the vape I made, while with the oil burner pipe, I could feel it even with the first hit. I guess it's just my battery?

Anyway, I'm ordering a new 510 cartridge battery... although couldn't find details on how hot it actually makes.

Ordering this "CCELL PALM Battery".

I filled the bulb of the meth pipe with steel wool, like the machine and it works better IMO than the meth pipe alone. The hole on mine is bigger and leakage from it isnt an issue as i am steady inhaling the whole time, one long slow inhale, not much escapes.

Candle. Straw. Little late, but still relevant. I bought myself the exact same little oil burner u have. Nose hair burner perhaps. And I use a long red straw snipped in half, then snipped up the middle like an inch so that it curls in on itself as I pull DMT from the vial then place it in the bubble through the stem. When the straw is almost all the way down the stem I tip it and tap it into the bubble. Stickiness for sure. And damn dude that's a huge bag compared to what I can get my hands on. I get like a sliver of that. Also, I've only ever hit it once at a time. I heat it to liquid with a Candle. Like a spell candle from eBay, super cheap and no wax after. The candle keeps you from burning it cuz as soon as it's liquid just raise it up and away and watch it vaporize and just barely breathe in because it will taste bad if you let it sit. I take an entire breath before then slowly take the hit. By the time I've got a full chest I'm seeing things and don't know how anyone can manage to take another. I blow out my candle and lay back and experience whatever. I've never broken through although that's my ultimate goal. The Aztec designs are neat. The patterns have evolved. But I do have some decarboxylated weed I could use as my weed sandwich I suppose.