Mental Health Can you take benzo's every day?

They say valerian root is nature's valium but its not lol, I'll look it up
Yes, I know it. Nasty, IMO. Groggy. Not worth it.

Kava really is natures benzos it acts on gaba, but in a unique way, not rebound or physical dependance via brain chemistry adaptation and climatisation.

Kava is a whole world more than Valerian pretends to be.

Last edited:
I think I spoke to you on my old profile about kratom and tried two different red strains and just felt like I'd had loads off coffee, then you might of mentioned kava but that is illegal in UK so is kratom and apparently kava is bad for the liver
Red is supposed to be the most sedating and long-lasting, I was under the impression. Green is a mid, and white is a stimulating and shorter-lasting strain.

Kava got a bad rap because other parts of the plant are hepatotoxic. The root itself is basically GRAS. Six active constituents, tons of mechanisms. Mostly a confusing mix of MAO-B inhibitors and minor GABA promoters. Deserves further study for sure.

IME, major doses of valerian root washed down with water produces a notable sedative effect with some minor cannabamimetic notes. I'm talking like an ounce at a time. Valerian root extract can be pretty potent. If it weren't so short-acting and expensive (little money to be made=no pharma form, including affordable copay), then I'd consider it likely safer than pharma benzos.

On the other hand, diazepam can be found in potatoes, and there is otherwise a high probability of some sort of endogenous benzo existing, which I would imagine would play relatively safer in the brain

I've been taking 20mg diazepam in the mornings, 20mg after lunch and 2mg Clonazepam for sleep since the pandemic started and I rarely exceed my doses.
Benzos are otc and utter cheap in my country so I have no worries with my supply. I don't wanna stay forever on em but as of now I truly need em. I wanna know what are the long term effects of benzo dependence? I really see no negative effects, gets rid of my anxiety and they get me high Everytime (not like thee first few times but still I feel the effects especially the muscle relaxation from valium).

You can buy these over the counter?!
... I don't know anywhere that these aren't strictly prescription drugs.
I take Alprazolam but only as and when needed for severe panic attacks.
For long - term anxiety some people are prescribed a combo of an SSRI and beta - blockers which doesn't cause the physical dependence benzodiazepins do.

I've been taking 20mg diazepam in the mornings, 20mg after lunch and 2mg Clonazepam for sleep since the pandemic started and I rarely exceed my doses.
Benzos are otc and utter cheap in my country so I have no worries with my supply. I don't wanna stay forever on em but as of now I truly need em. I wanna know what are the long term effects of benzo dependence? I really see no negative effects, gets rid of my anxiety and they get me high Everytime (not like thee first few times but still I feel the effects especially the muscle relaxation from valium).
Benzos are notoriously hellish to quit. If/when the time comes where you need to quit, it takes MONTHS to taper down and then to finally jump off, and the PAWS can last for over a year. Is there a particular reason you're taking that much benzos?

Benzos are notoriously hellish to quit. If/when the time comes where you need to quit, it takes MONTHS to taper down and then to finally jump off, and the PAWS can last for over a year. Is there a particular reason you're taking that much benzos?
I had a car accident, I need like 3-4 surgeries in my hip and right arm. My anxiety is through the roof.my oldself would be banging morphine like there's no tmw but I'm done with opiates and crack aswell.

I had a car accident, I need like 3-4 surgeries in my hip and right arm. My anxiety is through the roof.my oldself would be banging morphine like there's no tmw but I'm done with opiates and crack aswell.
Understandable mate. It isn't gonna be easy to get off the benzos though, just so you know. Try to keep it at the doses you're doing now, and not increase the doses. It's very easy to take more, with benzos, because you grow a tolerance to them so quickly.