• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you take a break from taking opiets without quiting.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
Let's say I took 15 Norcos a day for so long that it effected my pain levels, and just lessened how well the drug works for me, and I went down a pill a day until 1 pill only for just a day or two or whatever.... then started back up to my normal 4 a day or 3 a day would this help get my tolerance down and maybe it things back to normal as if I only took 1. I'm just brainstorming. But it might have to happen someday anyway to go down from 4a day to 2 or: 3. But I wonder if 1 a day for a little while would get be used to that. Do you pain receptors ever recover and go back to normal.

I find in general from being sober that normal pain medication works mostly well. But I would like better pain management and I doctor said maybe its time to take a break. But she also said it might not help.
I'm also concerned about sugary upcoming and if it'll hurt a little more. I've felt more pain personally but I just I dunno.. what can you do really about things that just are.. beside try to learn.

I'm also concerned about sugary upcoming and if it'll hurt a little more.
Aside from pain related to being cut on... I have found that without opioids my pain tolerance has increased. I like to think we build a tolerance for pain as everything else but not sure if this is scientific.
Tapering down usage will lower tolerance. Had a bud decades ago who took a tolerance break. Was at around 10 x 20mgs a day. Got down to 2 a day for a couple weeks. Went for the normal 10 and checked out. Other examples but they seem to end on the same note, so.
Try to be mindful of what is chosen as it seems that all our paths are frought with hazards. We can only try to avoid the most damaging but gotta keep the ol' eye on shit, ya know? lol
I find in general from being sober that normal pain medication works mostly well.
I did as well. Funny how we adjust mentally and physically to sustained stimuli or the lack thereof.

Be safe
Peace

Let's say I took 15 Norcos a day for so long that it effected my pain levels, and just lessened how well the drug works for me, and I went down a pill a day until 1 pill only for just a day or two or whatever.... then started back up to my normal 4 a day or 3 a day would this help get my tolerance down and maybe it things back to normal as if I only took 1. I'm just brainstorming. But it might have to happen someday anyway to go down from 4a day to 2 or: 3. But I wonder if 1 a day for a little while would get be used to that. Do you pain receptors ever recover and go back to normal.

I find in general from being sober that normal pain medication works mostly well. But I would like better pain management and I doctor said maybe its time to take a break. But she also said it might not help.
I'm also concerned about sugary upcoming and if it'll hurt a little more. I've felt more pain personally but I just I dunno.. what can you do really about things that just are.. beside try to learn.
This is exactly how I use my script. My pain flares....so I'll have almost no pain or later I'll have bad pain for a week or 3.

When in low pain I taper down to 1 or 2 mg methadone per day and just maintain at a low dose so i dont fully withdrawal. Then during pain I'll take up to 20 or even 30 mg per day.

I treat opioid tolerance with a lot of respect and try to preserve it.