• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you still use etizolam after being addicted?

unregisteredguest

Greenlighter
I'm not really addicted in a psychological sense, mostly physical, but I'm coming off. However, it's so useful for comedowns, can you use it occasionally? Or should I use a different benzo I haven't been addicted to like Xanax?

Last edited:
If your addicted to one benzo then your addicted to all of them so it makes no difference to which one you use. As to using them occasionally for comedowns then you need to be careful, once you've been addicted once then becoming re-addicted is much easier.

You can use anything you want - your physical dependancy will inevitably go away once you've tapered down. After that it's up to you whether you make the choice to use them sporadically or daily. Know your willpower.

If your addicted to one benzo then your addicted to all of them so it makes no difference to which one you use. As to using them occasionally for comedowns then you need to be careful, once you've been addicted once then becoming re-addicted is much easier.
Not true, they have different rates of cross tolerance

"I'm not really addicted in a psychological sense" that sounds like the words of someone psychologically addicted. Lol not judging it just made me laugh because I said the same thing. Except it was Xanax.

TBH I just dont use benzos at all.some people can take them once every few days but I've shown by mypast. BEhavior hundreds of times I can't.

Not true, they have different rates of cross tolerance

Actually, it's totally true. If you have an affinity for benzo or benzo like drugs then you're going to experience addiction and addictive tendencies from any other benzo. Simply because there are rates of cross tolerance... That means nothing except that those drugs stay in your system more or less long and there is more or less of crossover in dosage between the two. They have the same basic action on your GABA receptors.

Actually, it's totally true. If you have an affinity for benzo or benzo like drugs then you're going to experience addiction and addictive tendencies from any other benzo. Simply because there are rates of cross tolerance... That means nothing except that those drugs stay in your system more or less long and there is more or less of crossover in dosage between the two. They have the same basic action on your GABA receptors.

this is correct... even with opiates or alcohol, just because you were addicted to whiskey doesn't mean vodka isn't going to do the same thing addiction and toleranec wise.

If part of you has to ask is this really a good idea for me it's prob not.

"I'm not really addicted in a psychological sense" that sounds like the words of someone psychologically addicted.

Yeah, but a third of the time that's instead someone who couldn't be more sick of the drug, wishing they could just get the dependency out of their body without suffering every day.

Just from the perspective of someone who for several years now can't feel his diazepam even in far higher doses than prescribed (but feels the withdrawal symptoms coming off) over here.

Anyways, if you get anything out of Etizolam in the same way you did with Xanax, it's not a good idea OP. At least not for a few years until you think you've found your willpower to control future addiction(s).