• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Can you sterilize your IV Methamphetamine Solution for short term storage?

newguy1385

Bluelighter
My question is this: What is the best way to go about aseptically preparing a sterilized solution of methamphetamine for IV use and storage in a sterile vial safely? I want to prep enough to last approximately 1 week during travel as I will not be able to carry my kit and supplies around with me. I have a basic plan in mind and would like to discuss it with someone else who has either done this before or has Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Experience. I'm not going to go into great detail as it would require a rather lengthy investment of time to write out the procedure but I plan to take a specified amount of methamphetamine and mix it with bacteriostatic water using one-use disposable individually wrapped sterile materials and tools then double filtering it before injecting into a sealed, sterile 10mL vial with self-healing injection port. In addition to that I would like to find a way to sterilize the solution in the vial after I prep it and transfer the solution into the vial leaving it under negative pressure. I do not have access to an autoclave so I am looking for alternative methods which will allow me to say with a moderate degree of certainty that my solution is free of detritus, bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores, and any other problematic source of contamination. I have researched autoclaves, Pressure Cookers, UVC, boiling, steam and dry heat, microwaving, and adding alcohol to the solution to sterilize it. I have come up with a method for each of these options, or a combination of them, which will allow me to do this but want to make sure I'm not missing important steps in my process as I want to take all possible precautions with this.

Probably the easiest way would be to do a decent enough job making the solution (just meth plus bacteriostatic water), then run through a micron filter before filling the sterile vial, then draw out each dose with a fresh micron filter each time before use.

Probably the easiest way would be to do a decent enough job making the solution (meth plus bacteriostatic water), run through a micron filter before filling the sterile vial, then draw it out with a fresh micron filter each time.
I run it through two micron filters before putting it in the vial. I didn't consider drawing it through another micron filter but wouldn't that cause an overall loss of solution?

I run it through two micron filters before putting it in the vial. I didn't consider drawing it through another micron filter but wouldn't that cause an overall loss of solution?

A marginal amount of loss, essentially just whatever remains on the internal surfaces of the micron filter. Just increase the strength in terms of mg/ml perhaps (meth is dirt cheap these days and has high solubility).

A marginal amount of loss, essentially just whatever remains on the internal surfaces of the micron filter. Just increase the strength in terms of mg/ml perhaps (meth is dirt cheap these days and has high solubility).

I'm not too worried about the change in strength from it, a little bit goes a pretty long way for me as I tend to keep them on the lighter side in terms of concentration.

You think filtering the draw I pull is sufficient to detract from the risk of storing it for a period of time? I've always read that filtering, while vital, isn't a alternative to sterilization just a risk mitigation.

I have access to a UVC sterilizer I can use to bombard it with the wavelengths necessary to degrade any biology in the vial, would that be worth anything other sterilizing the surface of the vial?

Is the fridge be the best place to store it?

When I put this idea forward elsewhere everyone acts flabbergasted and screams about how unsafe they think it is regardless of the precautions I take. I get the risk is ultimately higher due to the time allowed for bacterial growth and other contamination issues but I don't see it as being any riskier than how I've seen how some people prep their hit and what they think is acceptable in the process. In fact, I can see just as many pros as cons to the process.

Also side note, I'm not worried about the cost of the meth. I've got a solid lead on that as my "guy" has a vested interest in my drug trial and is funding it from the substance perspective. At this point, I actually think the meth is cheaper than the rapidly building cost of supplies, setup, and materials.