• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Can you snort Benzos?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

Just a quick question, I was wondering whether it's possible to snort benzos IE Clonazepam?

Bioavailability isn’t good ie. doesn’t get absorbed by body as effectively; wasteful while nose will taste ‘minty.’ Seen person do it, tried it. Oral I find it kick in fast enough no need to snort.

I've snorted lorazepam (ativan) with impressive results. I think it was up to 77% intranasal BA. I can't think of another benzodiazepine like that but there may be one more

Yeah I think ill just stick to eating them. Plus my nose has received enough abuse over the years from Coke. Quit that shit 6 years ago and im still pulling scabs out of my nose! Is that normal btw?

Hello all.

Just a quick question, I was wondering whether it's possible to snort benzos IE Clonazepam?
You can but it ruins the actual High and will burn your nose. Most of the high would come when the shit reaches the back of your throat and drips down dissolved into your stomach.

It's fairly pointless, but like a lot of other seemingly pointless and futile endeavors, people do it all the time. The majority of Benzodiazepines, but not all, are lipophilic. This means they combine easily with lipis/fats. Lipophilic compounds are generally not well absorbed through the mucous membranes in the sinuses. You will likely still experience the effects of the Benzodiazepine, as it's going to drip down your throat. This is why people tend to say "It works, see!".

It's basically a waste of time. You would be better off to go sublingual if looking for a faster onset. This is the medically advocated means of achieving a faster onset and it's most effective.

I disagree with the consensus on this one.

Yes, you can snort benzos and the effects will come on vaguely more quickly.

However there is no real advantage to snorting vs eating.

I recommend under the tongue.

I disagree with the consensus on this one.

Yes, you can snort benzos and the effects will come on vaguely more quickly.

However there is no real advantage to snorting vs eating.

I recommend under the tongue.

Under the tongue wouldn't be a bad idea especially with Clonazepam as it has that minty taste. Definitely wouldn't do it with Alprazolam that shit is bitter as fuck... excuse my French lol

I always just let benzos dissolve under my tongue. Snorting it is too much work. And you end up losing some of it if you don’t do it in a bowl or something. I’d recommend doing it sl over snorting.

Don't you dare waste them like that... if you want put them under your tongue crushed or whole and then theyll hit in 3-5 min but aswell as being 50-70% bioavailable ( how much you absorb) snorting does not work for benzos near aswell as oral use.

Don't you dare waste them like that... if you want put them under your tongue crushed or whole and then theyll hit in 3-5 min but aswell as being 50-70% bioavailable ( how much you absorb) snorting does not work for benzos near aswell as oral use.

So if I put a whole Clonazepam tablet under my tongue (without crushing it) it will kick in faster?

Orally, benzodiazepines are very highly bioavailable, in the 90% range if I recall, whereas snorting, less of it gets to you as the bioavailability is more like 70% (these exact figures could be off/vary by individual benzo, but the spirit of my argument is true). So snorting them is actually wasteful and gets you less high. Really the only reason people do it is from a fixation on snorting things.

Under the tonue (sublingual) does let them absorb and hit faster than oral, but for benzos it's not a big difference.

So if I put a whole Clonazepam tablet under my tongue (without crushing it) it will kick in faster?
Yessir! Thats the exact drug i use! I get 2mg tabs ea i like to bite em in half swallow 1 mg n dissolve the rest under tongue theres little to no taste, and they actually work better Sublingually ( under tongue) aswell for panic attacks are told to be placed there for faster action.

I wonder which is better, xanax or clonazepam, ive used both am only xr'd clonazepam tho, never really compared them one day after the othee but i think theyre basically exactly the same whatchu guys think?

Xanax is more rapid-acting and slower, with a more intoxicating/sleep-inducing effect, whereas klonopin is slower to come on, lasts longer, and is a more functional effect/less intoxication.

I wonder which is better, xanax or clonazepam, ive used both am only xr'd clonazepam tho, never really compared them one day after the othee but i think theyre basically exactly the same whatchu guys think?

I prefer Clonazepam cos of its much longer half life and its equally as potent as Alprazolam. And you can get pretty intoxicated off it as long as enough is taken. Like 20mg would knock me clean out.

Xanax is like the Crack of benzos imo. Fast, hard hitting, and short lived.

I prefer Clonazepam cos of its much longer half life and its equally as potent as Alprazolam. And you can get pretty intoxicated off it as long as enough is taken. Like 20mg would knock me clean out.

Xanax is like the Crack of benzos imo. Fast, hard hitting, and short lived.
Heh id never take 20 mg thats an insane dose and i have a damn good tolerance, id say my cap is 12 but id be insta dreamland when theyd hit at 12 probably best not to mention that kinda dose incase naive people think its ok to use that much, most people are knocked out by 2-6

Xanax is more rapid-acting and slower, with a more intoxicating/sleep-inducing effect, whereas klonopin is slower to come on, lasts longer, and is a more functional effect/less intoxication.
So i guess thats why my kpins work better for my coke comedowns whereas i always found xanax to be a hit or miss, and if theyd miss i ended up laying there, a sack of shit but not really dozing off like id planned or hoped but the kpins do an epic job for any stim comedowns for me

Personally my comedown combo is 6-12mg hydrmorph n 2-6mg kpin

Oddly morphine doesnt do the trick i assume its because hydro doesnt have that bang effect when it kicks in, more of a slide effect

Besides i actually refuse to take my morphine w stimulants due to the fact that it lowers my heart rate by 20-40 bpm which leads me to over indulge in stims