• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you sniff benzos?

razorcuts

Greenlighter
Would this actually work?

If yes, would there be any risks?

Since benzos also exist as injections I was thinking that getting the benzos instantly in your blood might not be such a problem.
Ativan for example exists in 2mg injections. But I remember that some benzos must be injected very slowly cause otherwise it can be dangerous.
This means that snorting huge amounts would be dangerous in case that snorting really works and causes instant release.

What would happen if you took a benzo and let it dissolve in your mouth, then you spit the saliva in a cup and snort it?

I also wonder why are there no nasal spray benzos for people with anxiety who need an instant relief during an acute panic attack and who
cannot afford to wait 30 minutes for the benzo to finally kick in?
Has nobody ever thought about this?

I would be very interested in a benzo which works instantly. Maybe I should email a few pharma companies and let them know that there's demand
for such a product. :)

Snorting benzos will always have a much lower bioavailability than oral. I've seen so many people, even lifelong drug users, insist on snorting benzos and they just don't want to accept that it's a complete waste of drugs. Swallow your benzos.

Most of them are not water soluble so they don't pass through mucus membranes as readily and just tend to slowly drip into your stomach regardless, and the pharmacokinetics of many of them (especially the long acting compounds) means that there will still be as much latency in onset as if taken orally (it's like shooting methadone, just because the ROA is rapid the nature of the drug still means that it would take as long to effect as if used orally.)

You can sniff benzos, but as Chode says, it's probably the best way to waste them as you will not get anywhere near the oral bioavailability. Of you want quick acting benzos, stick to oral triazolo's, or if you can source the preparations, Buccal / IV Midazolam or IV Lorazepam are your best bet. (Re: Injectable lorazepam - although I have only ever administered it IM for rapid sedation of mentally disturbed patients, we still always had to dilute the solution down to 50% water. I'm not sure whether this is necessary for IV but as the preparation is so viscous and oily I would personally not want something that gooey mainlined)

Eat them, that's what the tablets (and RC vendor pressed pellets!) were designed for, you will get maximum BA and choose the drugs that have rapid onset if that is what you are attempting to achieve (i.e NOT flubromazepam). Just chomp the fuck out of them so there well mushed by the time you swallow. Flavour wise (not onset) - Clonazepam probably tastes the best, sight minty freshness to that one regardless of whether it's Roche Rivotril / Klonopin or a generic.

Snorting benzos will always have a much lower bioavailability than oral. I've seen so many people, even lifelong drug users, insist on snorting benzos and they just don't want to accept that it's a complete waste of drugs. Swallow your benzos.
False. Not ALWAYS. Midazolam, flurazepam, loprazolam being some examples. Many more have a more intense feeling and obvious more rapid onset. With some bioavailabilities being close between IN and PO there are some drugs that the marginal difference is worth that particular ROA. And for the subtleties that a benzo high may manifest anyway, insufflation as a preferred ROA can seem more satisfying. I can attest to that with clonazepam as one example. Whether I took 0.5mt or ten times that amount they felt like the same from an anxioltic aspect but the bonus of minty fresh nasal passages not only made me feel better but enabled insufflation of other drugs more pleasurable.

swm love his bars up his nose get energy and wanna do things kpins i hate knock my D87ck in the dirt if i swallow i get 90 2mg bars a month so i don't snap over my spiteful ex keeping my 2 beautiful children from me as much as she can case her daddy has money pay back is a bitch though but if it wasn't for bars i would be locked up sniffing them makes me forget and caim down faster.

Lorazepam injections are oily?!?! I have gotten them many times before getting a MRI!
The doctor or nurse inject this stuff pretty fast. It doesn't take long, maybe a few seconds.

Now I'm worried. :(

------

What about sublingual? Does this make benzos work faster?

Imagine your taking benzos on a full stomach then it will take very long for them to work.

This way you don't even have to take them during a panic attack cause you already know that it probably takes
1 hour before it even works. :(

That's why I like to think that putting them under the tongue makes them work faster.

Putting most benzos meant for oral consumption under the tongue does make them kick in faster.. like clonazepam for example. It tastes sweet and minty and works much faster when taken under the tongue, which I have done before, it kicked in like 10 mins after I put it under my tongue and was fully dissolves, obviously some generics will vary on how hard or soft they are, the harder they are and more compact the longer they usually take to dissolve, the softer the quicker they dissolve... I personally love to chew or parachute klonopin, my benzo of choice, as I am prescribed them and they are always available. Taking anything, even suboxone/subutex sublingually is rather annoying to me, I get way too much saliva that builds up under my tongue, thus making me not able to speak without spitting it all out, and always feel like I waste some of it.. but if you like taking things that way most benzos like valium, klonopin, and Xanax work very well that ROA, but the only one worth even doing that with is kpin, because it takes so long to kick in when swallowed whole. I never swallow my kpins whole, always chew them, sometimes parachute them for an almost immediate onset and long lasting relief, swallowing them whole takes like 30 mins to feel them at the very least, sometimes up to an hr. And also as far as sniffing benzos goes, its pointless unless they are water soluble! so many people continue to do this, I guess just for the ritual but realistically the only part of the benzo you are getting is the drip! its very unpredictable and unreliable, also a great way to get 1/4 as much of the actual benzo rather than almost all of it by taking it orally, as it was meant to be.. if anything parachute it or take it sub'l if that's your thing... but like I said I hate anything sublingual, that's just me though lots of people love that ROA.

I always used to dissolve them under my tongue (mostly diazepam and alprazolam). I found it more effective and faster acting, specifically the alpraz. Snorting them was not nice for me, kind of ruined the effect a bit...

It's not that most benzos are NOT soluble in water, it's that they're only slightly soluble in water.. So you can still use IN as an roa with benzos, it just might not be as effecient as oral. Most people swallow a good majority of their dose anyways.

Raysu, I agree with the bonus of a minty drip!

I have used Xanax, klonopin, and valium up the nose, when I started using them. It works and all.. just to me not as well as oral by any means. To each his/her own I guess, sniff em if ya want... But I do love the minty taste of kpin as well whether it is up the nose or chewed, but they taste like candy when chewed... I just love that. I have to agree, that even if it might not work nearly as well, klonopin does have a really awesome cooling, minty sensation in the nose when insufflated. Its like all tingly and cooled off feeling. Xanax tastes AWFUL no matter how you do it... it is something that would make me gag if I tried to take it sublingual.. gross. I have heard it works well sub'l, but only have taken valium and kpin that way, and only a couple times.. as I said I hate the sublingual ROA in general, even with subs which are meant to be taken that way! its just annoying to me, when the pill moves around and doesn't stay put and all the salivating!!! I'm just not a sublingual kind of guy lol.

like ChodeMastaFlex said, the bio-availability is low, but peak plasma concentrations spike quickly enough that you can achieve a rush. Personally, id rather just take them orally.

Anyone ever tried midazolam iv? I know Ambien can cause ur limbs to fall so I ain't gonna touch that shit!

I will say this on Ambien: If you stay awake on it, and aren't troubled by literal, full hallucinations, it can be a very fun experience.

When I had ambien I loved to take it, and I would stay still, and my entire workstation would turn into a giant moving procession with tiny creatures or fairies operating it. It's really hard to describe, crazy shit, but I loved it and ambien is ultimately a very safe drug.

I will say this on Ambien: If you stay awake on it, and aren't troubled by literal, full hallucinations, it can be a very fun experience.

When I had ambien I loved to take it, and I would stay still, and my entire workstation would turn into a giant moving procession with tiny creatures or fairies operating it. It's really hard to describe, crazy shit, but I loved it and ambien is ultimately a very safe drug.
I never tried Ambien but the sleep walking effects intrigue me so I wanna try it Wonder what kind of fun I could get myzelf into. Wake up in the middle of the woods? Not remembering any of it so it's like solving a puzzle too? What an adventure. Lol

Ambien is one of my favorites. I find it to be highly recreational.... there's actually a website called "Ambien Outrage" ( http://ambienoutrage.com/ ) that has info about the dangerous side effects of Ambien....check it out its actually pretty interesting.