• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you sniff adderall XR?

TheGame985

Bluelighter
Recently my doctor said he was considering moving me from in to XR (the dosage would go from 30mg to 40mg) and past experience I’ve had says that it isn’t as effective for me. If this does happen, I was wondering if it is possible to sniff the XR. I have no idea how you would crush it up seeing as how the pellets inside of the XR capsule would just go everywhere if you were to try and crush it.

he did say that he would increase me from 30 to 40 but I’m not so sure how much of a difference that would make for me.

Any info would be appreciated.

Yes you can. You need to crush up the tiny pellets, which is much easier said than done. I usually would put it inside paper and use spoon or lighter.

It has a very sweet drip. Don't forget to clean your nose out, easy way to get caught.

Although you don't gain that much benefit by snorting imo.

I mean you can physically do it... but I don't think you'll like the results... there's so many wax and binders in there it will clog your nose up and a large portion won't be absorbed. What I would however do is crush up the beads and parachute them ( take orally ). That's my favorite way to take them. Yea they are hard to crush but you'll figure something out. a lighter does work if you have some kind of perimeter to catch them flying all over... maybe a pie dish? or what about a pestle and mortar?

I grind all week long, and prefer even fine powder, so I would use the mortar and pestle from my kitchen that I use for spices. Grinding up lots of blue and pink and orange Adderall will stain a lot of them, but I had a marble one that they didn't so it was hidden in plain sight. When I became a homeowner, I invested in a pharmacy grade one and it is the balls! It's totally stained and makes it obvious what I use it for, but it is fast, even on those little XR beads.

I agree with Pickledlemons, it will clog up your nose for days if you snort it. I get the best effect from the XR mess if I mix it in water vigorously for 30 seconds, to make sure the drug comes out of the time release stuff and the wax and binders and becomes part of the amp-water solution, then I chug the whole mess.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DJBY1LA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Recently my doctor said he was considering moving me from in to XR (the dosage would go from 30mg to 40mg) and past experience I’ve had says that it isn’t as effective for me. If this does happen, I was wondering if it is possible to sniff the XR. I have no idea how you would crush it up seeing as how the pellets inside of the XR capsule would just go everywhere if you were to try and crush it.

he did say that he would increase me from 30 to 40 but I’m not so sure how much of a difference that would make for me.

Any info would be appreciated.
Also, at such a low dose, and after easily defeating the time release of the 40mg XRs, you are not going to miss the 30mg IR script. Going from 30-40 is a 33% increase in “medicine” so you will feel it.

Cautionary Anecdote:
My doctor wanted to up mine when I was already at 90mg/day, the max my insurance was going to subsidize. So for while he ran me at 60mg/day IR and 60mg/day XR. Also a 33% increase. What did I do? I banked Adderall for a rainy day or emergency, eventually having 200 pills stockpiled. NOT. I did what any amp user would do and I tried to zoom higher, and more often. I became not only dopamine depleted but also very amp tolerant. In a moment of clarity I asked to go back to 90mg/day IR, knowing I wouldn’t have the discipline to lower my dosage and stretch my supply. I am still taking a much lower maintenance dose to pull my tolerance down almost two years later. I now take 30-45mg/day and save the rest of my script for periodic binges. The binges are slowing down my tolerance recovery but I gotta have em. :)

Also, at such a low dose, and after easily defeating the time release of the 40mg XRs, you are not going to miss the 30mg IR script. Going from 30-40 is a 33% increase in “medicine” so you will feel it.

Cautionary Anecdote:
My doctor wanted to up mine when I was already at 90mg/day, the max my insurance was going to subsidize. So for while he ran me at 60mg/day IR and 60mg/day XR. Also a 33% increase. What did I do? I banked Adderall for a rainy day or emergency, eventually having 200 pills stockpiled. NOT. I did what any amp user would do and I tried to zoom higher, and more often. I became not only dopamine depleted but also very amp tolerant. In a moment of clarity I asked to go back to 90mg/day IR, knowing I wouldn’t have the discipline to lower my dosage and stretch my supply. I am still taking a much lower maintenance dose to pull my tolerance down almost two years later. I now take 30-45mg/day and save the rest of my script for periodic binges. The binges are slowing down my tolerance recovery but I gotta have em. :)

Do you find any benefit to snorting adderall over using them orally?

From what I remember snorted adderall didn't seem much stronger than oral adderall. Same for dextroamphetamine sulfate tablets. But that was a long time ago 🤔

From what I remember snorted adderall didn't seem much stronger than oral adderall. Same for dextroamphetamine sulfate tablets. But that was a long time ago 🤔
I think this is pretty specific to an individuals relationship with amps, health, and dosing. I know a lot of people who can’t tell the difference. Me, and my penis, can vouch that it’s different.

I notice a big difference in onset, enough that a sufficient dosage on a nice clear, damp nostril gives a small rush that makes my binges a little more active sexually. For me, with a very high tolerance and healthy CV system I predose and potentiate my binge twenty minutes prior with six tums and 120mg IR orally.

If I am coming off a break, that should be good, I should already be fully euphoric, but often I’m trying to cheat my tolerance or my dopamine system, and redose at the start of my binge by snorting 1-2 30mg tablets (snorting that much filler efficiently is an acquired skill, just chip at it at first, clearing your nose with your nasal spray bottle between blasts). Then I set a timer and start taking small lines (2-3 mg ideally) fairly frequently, about every fifteen minutes. I clear my nose with my saline or amp-water filled nasal spray bottle once the gel has had a chance to get sticky or dry, but always before I take another line. I have a Mac and I use an app called Be Focused as my timer. I can usually maintain this for 24-36 hours (the higher range if I am clearing my sinuses with amp-water), at which point I do not redose a large amount, just shorten the timer to ten minutes. When that starts to flag, go to 7 minutes. When that isn’t exciting anymore put it all away and go meditate into my comedown.

I don’t actually do powder lines from a mirror anymore, I use a nasal spray bottle filled with amp-water (or saline) solution. It isn’t quite as rushy a those small powder rails but it’s close. When you shoot too much amp-water up there you will feel and taste that sweet dextro and those amounts are effectively oral ROA.

edit: amp, not meth. Stupid meth go home

The only benefit I've gotten (I get 30mg Adderall XR free from the government, once a day) from snorting the XR is when I snort one 30mg and swallow another, so 60mg but it comes up faster and smoother. Not like I'm telling anybody to do this but you get the idea I guess

I used to enjoy snorting the 30mg IR Adderall. Those were nice, even just sniffing 15mg at a time and swallowing or plugging the other half. To sum up, the XR aren't good to insufflate but you can experiment. In the end, my preferred method became plugging. Please note that plugging Adderall XR isn't very good either. They're made XR for a reason I suppose =/

Good luck!