• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can you smoke weed with an extremly bad case of tonsillitis?

Rdocs

Bluelighter
Hey so 2 days ago I noticed my tonsils where swollen and one of the tonsils crypts where bulging out (imagine it like a belly button its normally a innie but its so swollen its now an intense outtie) I went to the doctor and she prescribed me amoxicillin and codeine phosphate. After i went to the doctors I noticed that the swollen crypt became black with a layer of white puss around it and it began to be impossible to eat or drink without the codeine so yea its pretty bad. So i was wondering if i could smoke weed (with a bong) or will that make it even more infected?

It'll prolly hurt like a bitch, imagine if you get a coughing fit. If you have a vape, use that, if not how about some brownies or firecrackers?

I never cough from bowls anymore i was just wondering if the properties of the smoke itself can worsen my infection i.e. make it last longer, make it hurt more, make it bleed etc.

shits already gross and painful as it is. but I love a good bowl rip on codeine and im feigning for a bowl.

I never cough from bowls anymore i was just wondering if the properties of the smoke itself can worsen my infection i.e. make it last longer, make it hurt more, make it bleed etc.

It could, could get away with it too. If you're going to smoke at least be conservative and gentle with your first rip and test the waters a bit.

Yes, smoking irritates the throat and it sounds like you have a pretty bad infection already, not very wise to take a bong hit in that situation.

Make edibles or use a vaporizer.
If you really have to smoke then take tiny hits

Yes, smoking while sick can do all of that.

Tonsillitis is an infection of the tonsils. Suckin' down burning smoke over infected tonsils will increase the chances of the infection spreading, turning into something else, or simply being prolonged unnecessarily.

My last major sickness started with a headcold. Worked and smoked through it. Got sicker and sicker, went to the doc. Suddenly I had bronchitis. Took my antibiotics and promethazine, but kept smoking. Illness got worse. A second doctor visit confirmed I was walking around with pneumonia.

....still kept smoking, but... you know... less.

Smoking while sick is not a good idea, especially when whatever's ailing you lies somewhere along your respiratory system.

Smoking with a bong will only worsen your tonsillitis, weed and everything you smoke is bad for your throat and lungs.

yea but the codeine.... It just feels wrong being high on codeine without weed and I have no clue how to make edibles plus I cant swallow anything that isn't in liquid form. Vaporizers are way too fucking expensive. im probably gonna take my chances and rip tiny bowls with no tabacy in them

Well a little late now but what about weed hot toddies? Look up how to make weed butter (you can read and type, you can handle it) noting you don't have to make the whole recipe, and most of the online ones are strong as hell. . .Mix 1tbspn hot bud butter with 1 shot whiskey and 1/4cup sugar in a coffee mug, fill to the top with hot water? Other than the bud it's what my grandma used to make me when I had a sick throat.

I smoked a few bowls and I was good I guess it depends on the person because people where saying that that shoulda killed me but nah I was good well actually I was great but that's Because I was on codeine (in the morning) and weed then hydromorphone (at like 8 pm) and weed with a 15 mg Dexedrine still feeling the Dex xD

Glad you're doing good, but be sure to keep an eye on things and make sure you are healing. If anything starts looking worse back in there I'd adjust your habits until you are well.

A lot of people on here are uneducated about Cannabis. THC and CBD both work together when you're suffering from any effection (tonsillitis) etc. Bacterial or Viral. The THC helps your brain to repair itself from the pain you're in right now. Now mostly everything to do with pain is psychological. When THC is high in percentage your blood will start dilate. Which makes you calm. The CBD triggers your pain receptors to repair a lot quicker than usual. These meds that doctors are giving people are highly addictive and dangerous. Everything that these meds the doctors giving you, Marijuana can do but can do it better and much quicker. If you're looking to heal yourself at least go the organic/natural way about it. Hemp was first used by an Emporia 5000 years ago. So it was here way before any of us existed. Not only that when people say smoke irritates your throat that is true it will but isnt that like anything else? It has to get worse before it gets better and nature takes its course. I recommend if you're going to take a few rips out of a bowl to start off small and same with a joint take small tokes and maybe save a bit till later on. But make sure to rinse your mouth out always with hotwater and salt to kill bacteria that might be lurking.

eh idk if id smoke, vape maybe since its not combusted smoke...seems like burning smoke would tear your throat up worse.

Consider yourself lucky to be able to catch a buzz on Codeine. If I were you I'd grab an edible.

It has to get worse before it gets better

See, now I've always called bullshit on that. Things don't need to hit rock bottom to rebound. Imagine a person on his deathbed-- how the hell're things going to get worse for him or her in order to get better?

People recover from illness through rest, nutrition and (in this day and age) antibiotics and antivirals. Sure, a person is more than able to turn tonsillitis into some kind of infection from hell spreading all throughout the respiratory system by power-smoking an infection away (it's a long shot, sure, but possible enough to be concerned with), but why irritate infected soft tissue and prolong the illness (likely exacerbating it in the process) when you could chill out with the extra respiratory irritation and cut recovery time down to a fraction of what it would be if a person acted as if they didn't care that they weren't well.

Don't get the tone of the post twisted, though, I smoke through illness all the time and have firsthand experience with the shit. I probably still will despite allowing a common cold develop into bronchitis and then walking pneumonia two Winters ago. Using a bong whilst sick turns your bong into a bacterial fucking hotspot, man, moreso with every single use....

If you're going to ingest cannabis whilst sick, best to go with edibles. Second-best option is vaping, but even that can be harsh on certain persons throats.

Again, this is more of a do as I say and not as I do kind of thing. I know the best option... but unless it's physically painful to smoke, I'm probably smoking.