• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Can you remove the naloxone?

idkwhatitis

Greenlighter
Hey just dropping this in general cuz i didnt see a section for it. but has anyone figured out a way to remove the naloxone from 8mg bupe tablets? Ive done a bit of digging and it doesnt seem like naloxone is sensitive to heat or cold.. maybe crushing, wetting and baking? I honestly am stumped, but i hate having naloxone in my suboxone.

Hey just dropping this in general cuz i didnt see a section for it. but has anyone figured out a way to remove the naloxone from 8mg bupe tablets? Ive done a bit of digging and it doesnt seem like naloxone is sensitive to heat or cold.. maybe crushing, wetting and baking? I honestly am stumped, but i hate having naloxone in my suboxone.
Just get your doc to prescribe subutex instead of suboxone....it’s cheaper and there’s no Naloxone

i hate having naloxone in my suboxone.

Is there a reason why? If you're taking it sublingual, only 0.04 to 0.06 mg actually reach arterial blood - 97-98% is destroyed. As an added bonus, the very-low dose naloxone has the added benefit of reversing tolerance. It's a win-win.

There is no easy "kitchen chemistry" route for this that I'm aware of. I dug around a bit and it doesn't really seem that there is a way for a non-educated person to pull it off easily.

We are all really lucky to have Cold Water Extraction. Without that, addicts would no doubt gobble up APAP until their livers exploded. It is too bad that most other processes are not so simple.

In my experience on the forums and in life (I have two friends on Buprenorphine sans Naloxone (Subutex) I've met people who were able to get it due to allergies, whether real or feigned. I think if you ask your prescriber you could find a way to convince them.

Tell your dr the side effects are bothering you (i.e. excessive sweating - common side effect). worked for me. 13 years on subs/bupe. Finally off it though

Thank you very much. That was my thinking as well. I have an apt today and i will tell my dr that im not liking the naloxone. The funny thing is i rlly am getting sweats, lack of energy and irritated under my tongue

Is there a reason why? If you're taking it sublingual, only 0.04 to 0.06 mg actually reach arterial blood - 97-98% is destroyed. As an added bonus, the very-low dose naloxone has the added benefit of reversing tolerance. It's a win-win.
Probly cuz i only got on it with a dr one week ago and have been on it for 3 years thru a friend and he got subutex so its what im used to

If those symptoms tend to dissipate after a brief period of time, hopefully, I'll provide some additional context on the very-low dose naloxone:

With ULDN, VLDN, and LDN (ultra-, very- and low-dose naloxone) therapy research emerging recently, the buprenorphine/naloxone formulation would surprisingly be potentially preferred for long term use. Unless you're attempting to IV, the naloxone really does help you - a lot of the early misinformation regarding naloxone in Suboxone is a shame. Sublingual naloxone bioavailability makes it perfect to hit the very- and ultra- low dose therapeutic range, it's pretty amazing actually. Anyways, something to consider :)

I fon
If those symptoms tend to dissipate after a brief period of time, hopefully, I'll provide some additional context on the very-low dose naloxone:

With ULDN, VLDN, and LDN (ultra-, very- and low-dose naloxone) therapy research emerging recently, the buprenorphine/naloxone formulation would surprisingly be potentially preferred for long term use. Unless you're attempting to IV, the naloxone really does help you - a lot of the early misinformation regarding naloxone in Suboxone is a shame. Sublingual naloxone bioavailability makes it perfect to hit the very- and ultra- low dose therapeutic range, it's pretty amazing actually. Anyways, something to consider :)
I dont IV but i do insuflate (sp?) And the ba with insuflation is high enough to kick me into minor wds every time

I spoke with doc about switching and he wants me to try a couple more weeks before switching me. Im thinking if i ever intend on tapering off i will ask to switch back. Thanks all for the advice, any more advice is very welcome and appreciated