• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Can you OD on gabapinton?

I have had some borderline seizure activity happen in both excessive doses (15+g) and during withdrawals.

I have take so fucking much Gabapentin in a day that it seems nonsensical in retrospect. I believe that it's fairly unique pharmacokinetics prevent it from being very dangerous as a single agent.
K.R can you not go to pregabalin? That's what doc does here (US) for me and wifey after 600mg 2xday were not being as effective as previously (of course there was the climb to this level). It is generic now, effective at cutting back on eating so much chemicals and effective.
@OP
I feel very excessive sickness can result from super high doses of gabapentin... akin to OD-ing on apap. Do not want to test this to reproduce the same effect (be a scientist) so just my experience.
Later

I don't understand why some ppl compare Gabapentinoids with Benzodiazepines, I think they feel totally different to each other imo! Oh and Gabapentin does absolutely nothing to me, I think its a waste. However Pregabalin has a nice effect tho.

I think you're probably right. Seizure was probably the wrong way to describe it. I believe they're often described as Myoclonic Episodes with some using the term seizure incorrectly or what have you.

Seizure itself is an often misapplied term but it is used anyway to describe various non-epileptic-epelepticesque episodes. I think a lot of you have probably read the literature but here is a little bit on the Myoclonic potential of the Gabapentinoids. I understand we are talking about Gabapentin.

[/URL]

Also, I agree that Gabapentinoids are too often confused as sedative-hypnotics and/or GABA-agonists. I've been refused scripts because these prescribers dont have the time to Google the drugs that they're prescribing.