• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can you od on any natural recreational drugs?

Andrew5722

Greenlighter
Sorry for the repost i accidentally deleted it.

Can you overdose on any natural (can be found in nature like planrs animals or bugs) recreational (not poisons) drug?

Ive so far only heard of 4 natural drugs being shrooms, peyote, hbwr/mg seeds. Psilocybin mescaline lsa and dmt are all non lethal and to my knowledge have never made anyone have mental disorders.

So can any natural recreational drug damage (mentally or physically) or kill you?

All things are poison, and nothing is without poison, the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison.
Paracelsus

Everything can kill you if you take enough, you can even "OD" on water if you drink a few liters in a few minutes.
And psychedelics can trigger disorders like schizophrenia, if the person is predisposed.

Opium, ephedrine, anything containing atropine or similar compounds, iboga, and the list probably goes on and on..... Improperly made ergot products like ergot wine. Over excessive consumption of anything if not lethal is harmful. Nothing is harmless in excess.

The word natural doesn't really mean anything in terms of safety.

Yes.

I've never used any of the ones you can easily die on but even too much kratom will evacuate the contents of your stomach.

i vaguely recall that, altho it is possible to overdose on marijuana, but you would have to smoke so much that you would die from asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation before you OD'd from the THC itself

i vaguely recall that, altho it is possible to overdose on marijuana, but you would have to smoke so much that you would die from asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation before you OD'd from the THC itself

IMO opinion you would pass out before either lol.

Also, some of the very pure concentrated products make it possible to overdose, although I'm not sure that it's ever happened if by OD you mean immediate physical danger or death.

Statistically, they'll usually consider any hospital visit in which a drug is involved an "overdose". So when you hear people citing statistics about x number of people overdosing on y drug, it's quite possible that the majority of those cases involved people who were in no immediate danger or were under the influence of other drugs that were the real culprit for the health issues.

OP specified 'natural' so i thought that those kinda concentrates where out of thr question

OP specified 'natural' so i thought that those kinda concentrates where out of thr question

I was just throwing it in as an extra tidbit of info since it seems like they're becoming more popular with cannabis crowd

Iboga. Neat, thanks. I wouldnt consider extracts natural except parhaps tea or something.

I also left out salvia, which to my knowledge has never caused mental disorders (non predisposed) or harmed killed anyone.

Why exactly do you want to know ? Are you suicidal and trying to find the best drug to OD on ?

And taking a "dose within reason" and OD are pretty much mutually exclusive

Sorry for the repost i accidentally deleted it.

Can you overdose on any natural (can be found in nature like planrs animals or bugs) recreational (not poisons) drug?

Ive so far only heard of 4 natural drugs being shrooms, peyote, hbwr/mg seeds. Psilocybin mescaline lsa and dmt are all non lethal and to my knowledge have never made anyone have mental disorders.

So can any natural recreational drug damage (mentally or physically) or kill you?

There is plenty of evidence on bluelight of these drugs giving people mentle disorders. Nature is no protection.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if high dose LSA could kill. Maybe even mescaline.

On top of that:
Datura
Caffeine
Alcohol
Kratom
Morphine
Amanita muscaria
5-meo-dmt

Natural = safe is a complete fallacy.

Also with mental disorders I feel like lots are predisposed. For instance some people smoke 160x salvia extract or do heroic doses of other drugs i mentioned and are ok after. But some people cant handle even a quarter of that because they're predisposed to certain things. Where as if anyone takes alot of certain other drugs its sure to fuck shut up.

Opium, anything with atropine/scopolamine (Datura, Belladona, etc), Kratom (Hard, but can happen), Kava, same as kratom, khat has made some people psychotic, nutmeg, Amanita Muscaria, just a few that popped into my head.