• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can you just eat a shit ton of poppy seeds instead of making the tea??

Do NOT eat all those seeds. I saw from experience... one time, many years ago, I was hiding my opiate use from my then-fiance, and she came home while I was in the process of making poppy seed tea. So I drank all of the water with the seeds in it. It was like half a pound of seeds. It was pure hell. I got them down, but my gut felt like it had a rock in it. The seeds swell up when they take on water, and my stomach started to feel like it was going to explode. I also got incredibly nauseous (from the oils I imagine.. you do not want all of those oils in you). I threw up eventually, many times, and ripped my throat and esophagus up throwing up all those little seeds. It hurt to throw up so much that I laid down and made myself stop throwing up. It's probably good I did throw some of them up, because even after I did, my stomach hurt so bad. I felt uncomfortably full for over a day and couldn't bring myself to eat any food. And I got constipated really bad. I forget exactly how long it took, but maybe 3 days later I finally started shitting them out, and they were massive, rock-hard shits that were basically made of compacted seeds. Avoiding excessive description... it bled. It hurt. A lot. And I was finding poppy seeds ifloating in the toilet for a while evn after my shits returned to mostly normal.

That was only half a pound of seeds. I don't even want to think of how bad it would have been had I been able to get more down (I had a pound and a half but I gave up and poured the rest down the toilet to dispose of the evidence after I got half a pound down because I couldn't bear to get more down.

I barely even got enough to get just a little bit high, too.

Just put them in a bottle of room temperature water, with a twist cap, and shake vigorously for 5 minutes. Unscrew the cap a quarter turn, and squeeze the water out. Fill with water again, repeat. Throw away the seeds, drink the water. Do the second extraction right away because if the seeds sit around wet, they start to expand and release their oils.
Thanks for that.

I saw from experience... one time, many years ago, I was hiding my opiate use from my then-fiance, and she came home while I was in the process of making poppy seed tea.
Would it be a bad idea to tell your girlfriend about poppy seed tea use?

Do NOT eat all those seeds. I saw from experience... one time, many years ago, I was hiding my opiate use from my then-fiance, and she came home while I was in the process of making poppy seed tea. So I drank all of the water with the seeds in it. It was like half a pound of seeds. It was pure hell. I got them down, but my gut felt like it had a rock in it. The seeds swell up when they take on water, and my stomach started to feel like it was going to explode. I also got incredibly nauseous (from the oils I imagine.. you do not want all of those oils in you). I threw up eventually, many times, and ripped my throat and esophagus up throwing up all those little seeds. It hurt to throw up so much that I laid down and made myself stop throwing up. It's probably good I did throw some of them up, because even after I did, my stomach hurt so bad. I felt uncomfortably full for over a day and couldn't bring myself to eat any food. And I got constipated really bad. I forget exactly how long it took, but maybe 3 days later I finally started shitting them out, and they were massive, rock-hard shits that were basically made of compacted seeds. Avoiding excessive description... it bled. It hurt. A lot. And I was finding poppy seeds ifloating in the toilet for a while evn after my shits returned to mostly normal.

That was only half a pound of seeds. I don't even want to think of how bad it would have been had I been able to get more down (I had a pound and a half but I gave up and poured the rest down the toilet to dispose of the evidence after I got half a pound down because I couldn't bear to get more down.

I barely even got enough to get just a little bit high, too.

Just put them in a bottle of room temperature water, with a twist cap, and shake vigorously for 5 minutes. Unscrew the cap a quarter turn, and squeeze the water out. Fill with water again, repeat. Throw away the seeds, drink the water. Do the second extraction right away because if the seeds sit around wet, they start to expand and release their oils.

This.

Stay the fuck away from seeds. They contain a lot of shit you don't need and nothing worthwhile. Any goodies are on the outside of the seed (if at all), so DO NOT eat those cunts.