• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Can you inject zolpidem intravenously?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
So my psychiatrist prescribes x10 tablets of 10mg zolpidem tartate (Stilnoct). I've taken it orally and nasally. The latter is obviously more euphoric but I was wondering if I could inject it as I have a hypodermic syringe.

I tried crushing one tablet and plugging it but felt NOTHING. I've heard it's because I need to clear my rectum and not eat anything for 10+ hours before putting it in. Or maybe my syringe wasn't big enough (it's only 5ml).

if I inject it intramuscularly, will I get euphoria?

I did it once (intravenously). I don't recommend it. Intramuscular administration is potentially even riskier due to the particulates and should not be attempted. While intravenous administration of pills is bad enough, intramuscular administration can be even worse.

Zolpidem is not very water soluble, something like 20mg/ml at room temperature, which is technically soluble enough. But i don't recall it being worth the risk; the onset was definitely quite strong, but also a little weird and confusing. It is very sedating and from what I recall only lasted 45 minutes or so.

Not worth the risk. You're better off taking a bunch orally (it's more enjoyable this way). If for whatever reason you're still intent on doing it don't IM and use a micron filter.

But before you do, read this:

Injecting zolpidem is a definite no go. There is a thread that's famous around bluelight, the guy lost his arm shooting zolpidem.

It's not at all safe but if you decide to go through with this anyway please use micron filters.

zolpidem has a ~70% oral BA, there's not much to be gained by using other ROAs