• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can you get scary hallucinations on ambien?

I have never encountered anything scary. Honestly its just not that strong.
And if worse comes to worse, just go to sleep....!

It depends from person to person, and with higher doses, it can be quite strong. And if worse comes to worse, just go to sleep - it's not exactly easy. It's not fully comparable, but try going to sleep while you're peaking on a psychedelic. Of course it's not the same, but when you're seeing all kinds of crazy shit - closed-eye visuals included - it's easier said than done.

Ambien is not a benzodiazepine by classification. With that being said, it does effect the brain in much the same way as benzos medications do. It is a hypnotic sedative by class. It does cause hallucinations for many people, including myself. The odd thing about ambien is this though,... Spiders on your wall, shadows in your windows, you see them, sure. But you're cognitively aware that they're fake. So it's amusing more so than scary. I enjoy watching the bats fly across my ceiling every night before bed. Lol basically, yes, you may see scary things, but trust me, you won't be scared.

Ambien (zolpidem) is a z-drug. I used to take it a lot before it gave me the worst headaches I've ever had. I haven't taken it in years. The only hallucinations I ever got were visual distortions (nothing unpleasant) which were pretty fun to look at.

One guy I knew said that zolpidem gave him the most vivid and terrifying hallucinations he's ever had from a drug. And this was someone who'd done many drugs, including ones like LSD and 2C-E

So yeah, for certain people it can have strong hallucinations. His was an exceptional case, though, I hardly think that most zolpidem users experience that. I got some OEVs in my early zolpidem days but nothing as intense as, say, an actual psychedelic drug.

That's true. I read a case report in which the doctor describes giving sedative/hypnotics in hospitals. While not ambien - he gave another potent, short acting alpha 1 BZD site agonist called triazolam that works the same way - and the girl thought he gave her LSD

No that's not true. I took ambien for the first time as prescribed last night at only 10mg and I straight up was dreaming while I was awake. And it was scary stuff. I'm not even sensitive to medications or anything. It typically takes a horse tranquilizer to make me sleep.