• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can you get DXM on shelves or is it just over the counter?

Yeah poli is definitely not half as strong for me either.

No they are CVS generic and Robitussin brand. Buckleys is its own brand.

Good luck stomaching Buckley's.....

Find some Robitussin Cough Gels(Or CVS or Wal Greens brand Gels). If you can't get those go with Robitussin Long Acting cough Syrup. Anything besides those two are extremely disgusting or have other active ingredients. Too bad you missed the Zicam Nite Era. That stuff was better than pure DXM powder. Have you guys read the DXM Faq and the DXM Zine. Both are a little outdated but have good info. There is a link to both at http://www.dextroverse.org

Nyquil has a ton of acetaminophen in it and should not be used recreationally.
Bullshit. There are kinds of Nyquil that have only DXM+an antihistamine. DXM-only syrup is obviously better, but that kind of Nyquil is about as safe as CORICIDINe or combining Robitussine+Benadrill. Dayquil is even better, as it it is available with just DXM, making it a true alternative to Robitussine.

I did not know there were different varieties of Nyquil, but nonetheless, go for DXM only formulations to keep the experience clean.

I made the mistake of drinking a big bottle of codeine/guaifenesin once and it made me incredibly nauseous. The only way it could have been worse is if I were hallucinating...

I'm interested in extracting the DXM from the syrup or gelcaps. Anyone have a link to an extraction tek or have experience extracting? The additional ingredients turn me off to using it recreationally. My primary interest in using it over other dissociates (ahem,MXE) is the purported effect of decreasing opiate tolerance which is appealing to me as I have been slowly tapering off of suboxone.

Good luck stomaching Buckley's.....
Find some Robitussin Cough Gels(Or CVS or Wal Greens brand Gels). If you can't get those go with Robitussin Long Acting cough Syrup. Anything besides those two are extremely disgusting or have other active ingredients. Too bad you missed the Zicam Nite Era. That stuff was better than pure DXM powder. Have you guys read the DXM Faq and the DXM Zine. Both are a little outdated but have good info. There is a link to both at http://www.dextroverse.org
I'll look for the two, I've never had a strong stomach so I'd prefer something easy on it.

Bullshit. There are kinds of Nyquil that have only DXM+an antihistamine. DXM-only syrup is obviously better, but that kind of Nyquil is about as safe as CORICIDINe or combining Robitussine+Benadrill. Dayquil is even better, as it it is available with just DXM, making it a true alternative to Robitussine.
Thanks Tripper, you hit the nail on the head.. I personally prefer nyquil, I like how it makes me feel and fyi, I take the kind that doesn't have any Tylenol... But thanks for your input tripper!! ;-)

Tripper: where can I get pure DXM syrup? And other than robitussin what's the best DXM product in drug stores??? And of course what's the name of it, I need names so I can get it.... Thank you

All I know is when doing this you need to make sure what you're doing doesn't have any other dangerous things in it. Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever) is in a lot of the same medicines that contain DXM. As we all know, too much of that is terrible on your liver, and liver damage is a big deal. The safest and most fun way to trip on DXM in my opinion is Delsym. Drink 2 full 6 oz bottles of Delsym - 12 hour cough relief. You will have a lot of fun. I never got sick from it. An unsafe way but more intense way to trip on DXM is of course, Triple C's. Coricidin Cough and Cold. You can do an extraction on these pills to remove the Acetaminophen, and since it's HBr, it will make your trip/high way more intense than Delsym. Be safe, don't do unintentional damage to yourself. Have fun, hope I could help.

All I know is when doing this you need to make sure what you're doing doesn't have any other dangerous things in it. Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever) is in a lot of the same medicines that contain DXM. As we all know, too much of that is terrible on your liver, and liver damage is a big deal. The safest and most fun way to trip on DXM in my opinion is Delsym. Drink 2 full 6 oz bottles of Delsym - 12 hour cough relief. You will have a lot of fun. I never got sick from it. An unsafe way but more intense way to trip on DXM is of course, Triple C's. Coricidin Cough and Cold. You can do an extraction on these pills to remove the Acetaminophen, and since it's HBr, it will make your trip/high way more intense than Delsym. Be safe, don't do unintentional damage to yourself. Have fun, hope I could help.

Yeah someone suggested delsym earlier in the thread, and I was thinking of doing that or robotussin gels. Plus I'd prefer to do whatever is the safest and easiest on your stomach.