• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can you get a high of just pseudoephedrine?

Like someone else said, when I get it here I have to show a picture ID and sign for it. Obviously thanks to the meth fiends out there. For the record, my family always keeps Aleve-D (I think it is), in the house,. It's a 12 hour version with 120mg of the stuff and one can definitely tell you've taken a little pick-me-up. Not super severe but you can tell you took it.

Its OTC. You don't even need a script.

This doesn't really mean anything, though. DXM and propylhexedrine are available without a script and both are "real" drugs. You can buy cactus and morning glories on amazon. Drugs are out there, man...

I never heard of propylhexedrine xD used to do DXM yearssss ago back in the day loved it haha...so I searched and found out about benedrex like wtf omg I have to try it sometime...sense moving my only source I know, I hate them cause they are shady as fuck :/ I had them pick up $50 MDMA from their dealer and they tried to keep some for themselves and told me what they gave me was it lol...I had to send my bf to go get the rest back from them which they gave him the rest (they admitted they stole from meeee) so yaaaa :|

I used to work with this older lady back in the mid 90s, she would take like 30 'Mini thins' every day before work, I believe they were 100% pseudoephidrine...I tried it one day, she suggested I take 20 of these teeny tiny pills, but I took 6 of them, it was OK, not a high I would pay for, more jittery than anything, made me kind of talkative, but after about 4 hours, I felt really nasty, and ready for bed, also gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

I think they banned mini thins awhile back though. I often wonder whatever happened to that lady..Im assuming she switched to meth once her mini thins were banned.

Pseudoephedrine is not particularly recreational on its own. If you can get enough of the stuff, use it (with other precursors) to cook methamphetamine if you want psychostimulation.

There was this soccer player who was caught using Pseudoephedrine and was eliminated from the World Cup.
From what I know this gave him extra energy together with satisfaction basically.
But it wasn´t allowed to use it in sports, although, at that time it was not banned.

There was this soccer player who was caught using Pseudoephedrine and was eliminated from the World Cup.
From what I know this gave him extra energy together with satisfaction basically.
But it wasn´t allowed to use it in sports, although, at that time it was not banned.

Was the drug really giving him more energy? Or was his suspension the result of people merely thinking the drug gave him more energy? Most people seem to have very odd and erroneous perceptions about drugs' effects. I presume people had known of pseudoephedrine's use in the manufacture of the energizing drug methamphetamine. From that awareness, a flawed connection between the effects of the former and latter compounds was presumably drawn, and the athlete was banned from football as a consequence of this misperception.

This hypothesis seems correct because it would be utterly asinine and bizarre to ban an athlete from a sport for his consumption of pseudoephedrine, but not for his consumption of, say, caffeine—a stimulating drug equal to or less than pseudoephedrine in terms of its invigorating effects.

It not recreational but I use 60-90mg 2-3 times a week for energy (usually with kratom) and find the effects last much longer than caffeine.