• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can you dissolve op 80's in water to beat gelling?

Alotsa

Bluelighter
There is all this info on cooking 80's to bypass the gelling protection.

My question is. Can the time release/ snorting deterant gel of the op 80's be beat simply by soaking the pill in water for 24+ hours and snorting/orally consuming the water?

If so is there a certain amount of mg that a given amount of water can hold? Like 1oz of water can only hold "x" mg of oxy?

I would like to dissolve one op 80 in enough water to dose out 5mg of oxy per 1ml of water. How many ml of water should I use to do this?

Any info much appreciated. Thanks

Nope. Water doesn't cut it - they just turn into gel blobs floating in the water.

I wouldn't plan on snorting them. If you want instant release of the oxy, griding the pill up completely, then dissolving in a small amount of salt water and 10% alcohol mix should allow it to dissociate from the gel binder. The alcohol will break down the gel, and the salt will keep it from re-blobbing up.

No clue on the maximum saturation of oxy per water ml.

If I were you, I'd break the pill into four evenly sized segments, dissolve it in salt water and alcohol, and then know that each 'shot' is 20mg of oxy.

Adjust per your tolerance - be safe.

Wow so even a 24+ hour soak wont let the oxy leach from the gel binder into the water slowly over time? That means the stomachs acid/digestive system is how its separated from the binder when ingested orally? Thats an effective abuse preventer.

Ive soaked time realsed pills like opana and other oxycodone pills in water for 24 hours leaving a gelly blob, it seemed to me that the medicine effectivley entered the water and the time relase was bypassed. Seems this gel binder completly stops the oxy from being water soluble no matter how long its soaked? Thats crazy.

Haven't heard of this alcohol/water method just microwaving/heating it to remove the gel binder. Alcohol method works well?
Also with this method it seems like you could let the alcohol evaporate after extraction making it safer to snort the remaning liquid.
Thanks wants2nod

The best way I found to defeat OP pills: use scissors or something to chop them into as fine particles as u can. u want the surface area to be as great as possible. mix some lemon juice into some coca cola. this creates ph conditions almost identical to the stomach. drop your ground OP pills into the lemon juice / coke solution. leave it there for at least 12 hours.
this method always works for me. when i drink the slimy solution the next day, i get an almost instant high.. its definately IR oxy at that point

Lets get this thread on track can any one tell me for a fact that soaking an op 80 in water for 24-48+ hours wouldn't result in most the oxy water soluble parts ending nup in the final liquid solution despite the gel binders?

i just gave u the best way to do it dude.. u know how many OPs I wasted in the microwave and shit before i figured that out???

Im not convinced soda does shit to op 80's. Otherwise there would be extenisve shit out there about just needing to soak them in soda and theres not. Its like all all ph and acid anecdotal bs with opiates.

Why cant you soak an op 80 for 24+ or more hours in just water to beat the gel binders. Can I get some info on that?

OK buddy. go put your OPs in water. why would i make this shit up? i tried it. it works. suit yourself.

listen OP. Hydromorph gave you a way to actively raise the pH of your solution that you are using to release the oxy from its gel matrix. Why do you want to use water? Unless you raise the pH of that water with some vinegar nothing is going to happen and the oxy will remain in the gel after the matrix is broken down.

Yea hydromorph was right..... I only edited in my half solution to point you in the right direction originally just intending to QFT while leaving it there as you clearly ignored two posters advice.

Sorry wasn't in the right state and came off dismissive. I get ph, Shouldn't there be a sticky or something about using soda if its that simple? Is it the soda or is it just the soak in the water of the soda that's doing the trick?

I want to use water because you can use Insufflation, im looking for a snortable instant release solution.

I just dont see how the gel binder would be impervious to a prolonged soak in water. It has worked for me with all sorts of extended release drugs.

What is the chemical reason this wont work?

Anyway sorry again wanted a serious discussion didn't mean to get all pissy.

The only thing that has ever "worked" for me, and I use that term loosely, is the method in which you grind them down to a powder-ish like substance with a Dremel, spread it out evenly on a Pyrex dish, then microwave it for like 20 minutes then put it in the freezer. You'll end up with a brown powder that you can gently scrape off of the top of the bottom layer, which I'm assuming is the gel-like stuff that is in the formula of the OPs. There are more steps and details to the process, I'm sure you can Google it and find it. Still, nothing will make them crush up like the IRs or OCs.