• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can you develop a sensitivity to pure MDMA After Tolerating in the past?

MoonGirl

Greenlighter
I am currently coming down from a very bad experience with pure MDMA.
Let me say I used to take it a lot back in 2010-2014 with a little in 2016 and 2017 then I mostly stayed away, until I had it again in 2021 with no problem.
Last august we got some pure (tested and verified) and at about 100 mg kept getting these waves of intense panic and horrible uncomfortableness between waves of decent euphoria.
That was last August. My husband and got more pure from a friend who has a chemist make it for him. It’s tested pure MDMA, he and his friends had amazing rolls last week on it.
So my husband and I took 80 mg last night and as soon as it kicked in my night turned to literal hell.
Those waves of intense panic were 100 times worse than last year. I I took it at 1 am and by 6 I finally got courage to take a Xanax to make it stop. My body was buzzing, couldn’t see straight, I felt exhausted and wound at the same time. But I felt if I closed my eyes I’d slip into unconsciousness and never wake up which sent my fear into a rage and would make jump up and pace. Paranoia was there too. Meanwhile my husband was perfectly fine. 😩😞
Even today those rushes are still coming where I feel like I’m gonna die and I have to get ice a s breathe through it. Needless to say I’ll never do it or any drug ever again. I’m done.
I’m just curious what happened to me!

Possibly you have some underlying health issue that's exacerbated by MDMA? Might want to talk to your GP about it

You can absolutely develop hypersensitivity to drugs, even if you tolerated them well in the past. This can be due to a myriad of factors. It's actually somewhat normal for this to happen, especially with drugs like stimulants, psychedelics, and cannabis.

Thank you for the replies! I’ll have to get a checkup and see. I do know that I have an abnormal brain MRI with two areas of white matter which they are watching. Could be a number of things from Lyme’s disease to MS but they don’t know. Not sure if those would cause an exacerbation like this. I’m really curious though! Maybe I did just become sensitive because truthfully weed (the only other substance I use) has also been making me more anxious no matter the strain but nothing like the MDMA did. My god was that awful!

as an update, it was 8/6 when I took that 80 mg and here I am on the 11th almost the 12th and I am going through such fatigue and irritability that I cannot stand it.

I could sleep 23 hours a day since that day I think if my husband was not here to complain or stop me. I haven’t been able to do any work or do anything but lay on the couch and doze in and out since that day. I cannot shake it! 😩

I drink lots of water, taking magnesium, grape seed and vitamin c etc and it’s just not getting better. Can anyone give me any advice as to why and how long it will take to pass? I’m exhausted!

as an update, it was 8/6 when I took that 80 mg and here I am on the 11th almost the 12th and I am going through such fatigue and irritability that I cannot stand it.

I could sleep 23 hours a day since that day I think if my husband was not here to complain or stop me. I haven’t been able to do any work or do anything but lay on the couch and doze in and out since that day. I cannot shake it! 😩

I drink lots of water, taking magnesium, grape seed and vitamin c etc and it’s just not getting better. Can anyone give me any advice as to why and how long it will take to pass? I’m exhausted!

What has changed for you in regards to diet, supplements, medications and exercise?

As for how long… It can vary. What form of magnesium are you taking? Do you take omega 3’s or fish oil? Are you open to potentially micro dosing a psychedelic? Can you force any exercise in? It can be very easy to fall into a rut of negative health where it’s hard to climb back out the longer we sit in it.

Do you drink coffee at all? Might help lift the fog a bit if you don’t.. And the potent antioxidants from a good brew would help too.

-GC