• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you cycle between 2 different stimulants reducing tolerance of both?

champagnencocaine

Greenlighter
At the moment I have speed and IPH, I am more addicted to speed.

I just want a break from speed to reset my tolerance but it's hard to go without it when you have so much college work to do. I'm wondering if it's possible to get a tolerance reset to speed by using IPH for 2 weeks.

Is it that if they work on different dopamine receptors then using 1 and abstaining use from the other, after this tolerance break you will be back at baseline for 1 stim. i haven't tried this but if this was the case I would cycle on and off speed/IPH every 2 weeks. IPH for me isn't fiendish like speed, so I guess my tolerance will never really go up on this, with speed I've gone hard some nights and from that point on it just wasn't the same, I notice if I go hard, the days after it just doesn't work, but at a consistent dosage you won't increase tolerance - I was dosing 100mg a day, each day it worked just as good, altogether I think you shouldn't use speed for recreation and studying, every binge holds you back a few days.

They are both stimulants, but i'm thinking if you cycle between stims that work on different dopamine receptors you can keep the dosage down.

IPH is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, speed is a dopamine releaser. I'm thinking using IPH wouldn't allow your dopamine levels to restore because it blocks the reuptake.

Then again there's always L-Tyrosine...

I haven't been feeling at all like I used to on speed, would be great to have a break but it's not that easy.