• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you cook .5g of heroin in advance for future use? (example inside)

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Can you cook 0.5g of heroin in advance so you dont have to do it at the time you want to use it?

Say i use 1cc of water per 5mg of heroin. I do this several times and put it in a vial. So every time i drawl up 1cc from the vial, it equals 5mg of heroin. If that makes sense. Could you do this?

Are you using sterile equipment? Are you using bacostatis solution?

Yes, you can do this, but without sterile equipment and bacostatic water it isn’t a great idea. Especially if you’ll be using it 12+hrs after cooking it up.

And if you’re using sterile equipment and bacostatic solution you might as well also use a proper micron filter.

Granted I’ve know plenty of people who have cooked up speed/goofballs hours in advance and not had much issue, but ymmv.

The bigger concern is that when heroin is stored in H2O it will begin to degrade into morphine.

I left a bit of tar in some water overnight to let it dissolve and the next day it was essentially useful - it was enough heroin to get me high, but once it degraded into morphine it wasn’t nearly enough (esp because I had been planning to insulfate the solution, and morphine it pretty useless up the snozz).

So if you want to avoid bacteria and want heroin and not morphine don’t leave it in water too long.

I imagine there is some solution you could dissolve the heroin in that would both be bacostatis and prevent it degrading into morphine, but I’m not sure what it would be off the top of my head. If anyone knows how to keep heroin in solution stable over long periods of time please don’t hesitate to share.

Yes, you can do this, but without sterile equipment and bacostatic water it isn’t a great idea. Especially if you’ll be using it 12+hrs after cooking it up.

And if you’re using sterile equipment and bacostatic solution you might as well also use a proper micron filter.

Granted I’ve know plenty of people who have cooked up speed/goofballs hours in advance and not had much issue, but ymmv.

The bigger concern is that when heroin is stored in H2O it will begin to degrade into morphine.

I left a bit of tar in some water overnight to let it dissolve and the next day it was essentially useful - it was enough heroin to get me high, but once it degraded into morphine it wasn’t nearly enough (esp because I had been planning to insulfate the solution, and morphine it pretty useless up the snozz).

So if you want to avoid bacteria and want heroin and not morphine don’t leave it in water too long.

I imagine there is some solution you could dissolve the heroin in that would both be bacostatis and prevent it degrading into morphine, but I’m not sure what it would be off the top of my head. If anyone knows how to keep heroin in solution stable over long periods of time please don’t hesitate to share.

Thanks for responding! Everything that I have is sterile, I dont have bacostatis water (I can get some though), but I was just going to use 0.9% Normal Saline (like in flushes or IV fluids, which is sterile). I have a sterile 50cc vial that I forgot I had, and randomly thought of just making some in advance, so I wouldnt have to do it every time lol

Yes, you can do this, but without sterile equipment and bacostatic water it isn?t a great idea. Especially if you?ll be using it 12+hrs after cooking it up.

And if you?re using sterile equipment and bacostatic solution you might as well also use a proper micron filter.

Granted I?ve know plenty of people who have cooked up speed/goofballs hours in advance and not had much issue, but ymmv.

I left a bit of tar in some water overnight to let it dissolve and the next day it was essentially useful - it was enough heroin to get me high, but once it degraded into morphine it wasn?t nearly enough (esp because I had been planning to insulfate the solution, and morphine it pretty useless up the snozz).

So if you want to avoid bacteria and want heroin and not morphine don?t leave it in water too long.

I imagine there is some solution you could dissolve the heroin in that would both be bacostatis and prevent it degrading into morphine, but I?m not sure what it would be off the top of my head. If anyone knows how to keep heroin in solution stable over long periods of time please don?t hesitate to share.

"I imagine there is some solution you could dissolve the heroin in that would both be bacostatis and prevent it degrading into morphine, but I?m not sure what it would be off the top of my head. If anyone knows how to keep heroin in solution stable over long periods of time please don?t hesitate to share."

that would be awesome tbh... I've seen it done in that one movie what was it called... the movie.. candy. lmao. the doctor had a vile of high potency heroin right there, and he overdosed on it.

surely if it can be imagined, it can be made possible lmao

Yup! Apparently saline will keep the heroin from degrading. Can’t verify this myself, but it does seem to be the case per the link in my above post.

And... Candy... wow. Brutal movie iirc

Thanks for the replies! Ill give saline a shot, and will let you know how it works! Might not do the whole half gram (just incase lol) but ill try a decent amount.

I spoke with Sekio about this and he said that Le Chatelier's principle states H2O will hydrolyze the H back into morphine unless a reactant like acetic anhydride or 99% glacial acetic aid is used to steer the reaction to stronger H.

In chemistry, the principle is used to manipulate the outcomes of reversible reactions(H is a reversible reaction)
Effect of change in concentration
Changing the concentration of a chemical will shift the equilibrium to the side that would reduce that change in concentration. The chemical system will attempt to partly oppose the change affected to the original state of equilibrium. In turn, the rate of reaction, extent, and yield of products will be altered corresponding to the impact on the system.

I never tried it as he said it would last at worst hours and at best a few days. But try a small amount, even Sekio's can be wrong (I think?)

Nice work Jekyl :)

and good luck OP! It’s be cool to have this issue discussed more in our records, so thank you for “volunteering” =D

sekio here, popping in to state, heroin in solutions of water will not generally keep for longer than 12-24 hours without hydrolysis into significant amounts of morphine, the colder it is kept at the slower the hydrolysis.

Generally speaking it is best to keep heroin dry until immediately before preparing the shot as storing it in solution also invites the possibility that bacteria or fungus can grow in the solution.

This article suggests that you will get between 5 and 15% hydrolysis after 24 hours in a buffered solution of pH between 6 and 7.5 and stored at 23C.

So you can store it for about a day, but I wouldn't go for any longer.