• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you administer heroin through an e-cig?

Dropit

Greenlighter
This question occurred to me today, and I have been researching to see if it can be done, but am unable to find any helpful or even modern information regarding this. I am a user of heroin #4, and have chased on foil once by mixing it with caffeine. My usual ROA is through insufflation, but am curious about this ROA. I think that if this is possible, it would surely be more efficient for someone who has not honed the skill of chasing?

(I'm very new to vaping, and so any information that can be spared is greatly appreciated!)

Basically, my questions are:
  • Can you dissolve heroin in e-liquid (or otherwise)?
  • If so, can you do so with #4, or is it also better to mix with caffeine?
  • Do you need a specific device, or will a typical one made for nicotine/flavours work?
I'm a little skeptical about this due to me not hearing much about it. Surely, if it were so simple, many people would do it?

If you do this, I would be very curious to hear your experience with it, and how you do it!
Thanks!

EDIT: If not by dissolving in e-juice, how about having the powder (caffeinated?) in an MFLB (type of weed vaporiser)? Someone on another forum claimed to have done this with success.

Last edited:
Hmm...I'm no scientist but it sounds doable. As long as the vaporizer isn't set at too high of a temperature or wattage and the heroin is properly mixed in it sounds possible. I think I read a post here on bluelight about someone successfully vaping a benzo (I think it was Xanax, not sure though). Only problem is see is if it sits around too long the heroin might start to solidify.

I know this can be done with methamphetamine, because I know people who have done it, so I imagine it could be done with heroin, but it would be really hard to know what kind of a dose you would get, how saturated to make the solution etc, it's basically just a dumb idea with heroin. If you want to smoke it, just chase it like everyone else, but it's a wasteful and stupid way to do heroin IMO. Just sniff it or plug it if you're not going to IV it.

nope wont work, num 4 always leaves a heavy ash, i assume that would gather in the e-cig(coil?) rendering it useless....dont know about num 3 though.....on a personal level, quit vaping drugs out of e-cigs...its much more efficient to do it of a foil or out of a pipe(drug dependent) and if your doing it in public that is really offensive to some people and if you cant respect peoples personal space enough to not do it right around them then you dont need to be doing drugs like that ne-way

nope wont work, num 4 always leaves a heavy ash, i assume that would gather in the e-cig(coil?) rendering it useless....dont know about num 3 though.....on a personal level, quit vaping drugs out of e-cigs...its much more efficient to do it of a foil or out of a pipe(drug dependent) and if your doing it in public that is really offensive to some people and if you cant respect peoples personal space enough to not do it right around them then you dont need to be doing drugs like that ne-way
I get #3 heroin, and I can confirm it also leaves a hard residue when smoked. I didn't think of that to begin with, but unless you were mixing the ejuice with 100% pure heroin the cuts/residue would probably clog and stick to the coils in the vape.

you probably don't even need the caffeine or if you do, very little. The only use for it is to make it run better. Most H is cut with it anyway because dealers assume that their users would potentially be smoking it and it is a cheap cut. Laced cigarettes are pretty much a waste, it burns the dope rather than vaporizing it for the most part. It's just gonna clog up the element rendering the vape rig useless. I'd personally try without the caffeine and if it won't "run " like is should, just add a little bit.
Smoking is actually the fastest ROA contrary to popular belief, if you can master it you're likely going to get more bang for your buck :)

Last edited:
if you get num 4 in rocks dont powder it up to smoke, just chip a rock and smoke a piece like that, trust me on that. I always sniff the majority and smoke a tiny, tiny bit to kick that in good.

hmm... I got ahold of some pure uncut #4 (well, probably 95% or so), dissolved it in some 0mg nicotine juice, and vaped it fine. didnt mess with my coil at all. Worked great for me...

you probably don't even need the caffeine or if you do, very little. The only use for it is to make it run better. Most H is cut with it anyway because dealers assume that their users would potentially be smoking it and it is a cheap cut. Laced cigarettes are pretty much a waste, it burns the dope rather than vaporizing it for the most part. It's just gonna clog up the element rendering the vape rig useless. I'd personally try without the caffeine and if it won't "run " like is should, just add a little bit.
Smoking is actually the fastest ROA contrary to popular belief, if you can master it you're likely going to get more bang for your buck :)

Hmm actually about every single point in this post is incorrect.

You can absolutely vaporize H in an E-cig. Technically the best thing would be #3 (the base form) since it has a lower vape point, but the problem is #3 usually has a bunch of gunk, and will clog the hell out of your vaporizer. If you obtained #3 in the optimal form, you would likely call it #4 anyway.

The main concern is that #4 (the salt form) has a higher vape temp, I don't know the exact figures but the melting point is something like 243 degrees, so you would need to get a little more than that. The good thing is, I think most vaporizers (again I don't know exact figures... you'll have to do your own research) average about 250 degrees, which would be good in this case.

To address the caffeine mentioned in the quoted post, it is added is because it actually reduces the vape temperature required for heroin salt to evaporate. I'm not a chemist so I couldn't really explain the why really well, but caffeine acts as an excipient, reducing the melting/vaporizing point of heroin salt (#4). This would be why it 'runs better'. Regarding smoking being the fastest ROA, I guess that's correct if you don't include injection. It's true that they have a comparable speed in effect (although injecting would still be faster), but the real difference here is quantity. You can pretty much put as much dope down into water and into your veins as you want. At higher amounts, there's not way in hell you'll be able to breath in the smoke, hold it in, and absorb the heroin that you can in an injection. After you inject into a vein (from pretty much anywhere), the blood goes directly to your heart, through your lungs, and into the brain. If you factor the time it takes for alveoli to absorb the heroin from smoke, IV is faster (even by only 5 seconds), but this difference is only important at higher doses that would start to make you choke.

Regarding meth added to vaporizers, you can absolutely 100% do this without any further consideration, and it would actually probably result in less product loss (since most tweakers tend to just put a torch to glass and burn the shit out of their meth, at least in part).

EDIT: also, the nicotine content will have almost no bearing on this. As far as I know it doesn't act as an exipient in any way, so the nicotine here is not a factor. What is a factor is the solubility in propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine (since most juice has no water as some people will say, although some have alcohol), the ratio you have of this liquid, and the amount of heroin you are adding taking into account the amount of liquid.

hmm... I got ahold of some pure uncut #4 (well, probably 95% or so), dissolved it in some 0mg nicotine juice, and vaped it fine. didnt mess with my coil at all. Worked great for me...

This is what will happen if you have fairly pure heroin, especially #3. Again the 0mg nicotine doesn't matter.

Fuck I don't mean to edit again, but anyway:

The big difference between #3 and #4 is #3 will vape a lower temperature but is difficult to dissolve in water (not totally insoluble, but you prob need to boil your water to dissolve what you need), while #4 has a higher vape point but will readily dissolve in water. So #3 is more practical to smoke whilst not burning any product, and #4 is more practical to inject. The thing is, when talking about e-cigs, the solubility of water goes out the window because we are talking PG and VG (and sometimes a little alcohol). Just research solubility info if you want more details.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but smoking something hits the brain quicker than injecting...

Correct me if I'm wrong but smoking something hits the brain quicker than injecting...

Like I said they will have fairly comparable times of effects, but you'll be able to get a much higher quantity to hit you faster IV than smoking. If were talking smoking a very small dose and injecting somewhere far like the foot, then there could potentially be a debate, but if we're talking about a real amount and injecting in like your arm, it will take longer for you to hold all that smoke in and allow the air exchange with alveoli to absorb all the heroin then for the large IV amount to hit your brain. When you inject in a vein, the blood is always (for our purposes) going directly back to the heart, and directly to the lungs. Think about how close your heart is to your lungs, and how fast your blood runs through your body. The time it would take for the blood from your arm to reach your heart and lungs would be about the same as the smoke filling your lungs, then there needs to be an air exchange on top of that. Again here the big difference is quantity absorbed (IV wins hands down).

I would think yes, Ivape 3-fpm through ecig. As long as it's water soluble (which I'm sure heroin is) then it should be fine. Heat the heroin with a strong smelling e-liquid.

I use 1G for half a 15ml bottle for 3-fpm, I don't take Heroin so wouldn't want to advise. Also have a something ready to smoke off the residue as you burn the mixture. It takes me 3 or 4 long pulls to feel like I've done a strong line.

But try try small at first, always best to try small then go big

Last edited by a moderator:
we don't SWIM here, please read the rules.

and food for thought, a lot of "uncut" heroin these days is nothing but caffeine and fentanyl mixtures. be careful.

Pure #3 wouldn't be called #4 cause you coudn't snort it...

And Iv is more potent and faster than smoking in every case I can think of

Pure #3 wouldn't be called #4 cause you coudn't snort it...

And Iv is more potent and faster than smoking in every case I can think of

Like I said they will have fairly comparable times of effects, but you'll be able to get a much higher quantity to hit you faster IV than smoking. If were talking smoking a very small dose and injecting somewhere far like the foot, then there could potentially be a debate, but if we're talking about a real amount and injecting in like your arm, it will take longer for you to hold all that smoke in and allow the air exchange with alveoli to absorb all the heroin then for the large IV amount to hit your brain. When you inject in a vein, the blood is always (for our purposes) going directly back to the heart, and directly to the lungs. Think about how close your heart is to your lungs, and how fast your blood runs through your body. The time it would take for the blood from your arm to reach your heart and lungs would be about the same as the smoke filling your lungs, then there needs to be an air exchange on top of that. Again here the big difference is quantity absorbed (IV wins hands down).

When you inject, you inject into a vein. The blood in your veins is not oxygenated. It therefore must travel to your heart, to your lungs to be oxygenated, then circulate through your arteries to the various parts of your body....including your brain.
When you smoke something it immediately goes straight into the blood that is traveling to your lungs at the moment you inhale, is sent into the arteries and the blood therein, and circulated throughout your body.
Smoking bypasses the blood (containing the drug) having to travel to the heart, be pumped back out through the arteries, to your lungs to be oxygenated, THEN to your brain. Its is the faster method, no matter the quantity or point of injection. Feet, femoral, or arm, it will never be faster than smoking.

Last edited:
^^^^ No, All of that is inaccurate

Is it now? Exactly what is accurate then? Have you not ever heard of Google? Even at rehab and IOPs you are taught this. I would suggest looking it up before you tell me im wrong. If you truly believe i am wrong, I urge you to back it up with a bit of explanation, science, or a credible link. I would link a source but it is easily googled, I cannot seem to find any evidence to support your theory.

In the interest of perhaps bringing the thread back towards what the OP was asking - I'm pretty happy to report that this method has worked for me. I just took the plunge and put a standard $10 bag (powder) into around 1.6 ml of e-juice,, using a fairly inexpensive e-cig and was very happy with the results.
I even left the solution for a few weeks after initially testing it out without any clogging. Obviously it needs to be shook up some,, and the effects are subtler than smoking it primarily due it being far less concentrated in my case.
However as far as value for money goes and it just being so handy and stealthy I for one am a convert.
I'm more of a chipper than anything and never IV so for me this method has significant benefits in certain situations at very least over other ROAs.
Very impressed,, I'd say give it a try but remember there's variables like what type of H and e-cig you're using so do the research,, but for me this method could be excellent for tapering off or using to just take the edge off rather than when you're just looking to get loaded quick,, but as I say,, for me this ROA has many benefits,, not least value for your money and stealth..