View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can Xanax help a bad trip?

Benp2312

Greenlighter
Can it? I've heard rumors, ive tried 25i, only once was it good (eg no bad trip), im going to try 2cb, wondered if xanax would help if i had a bad time?

It definately can help with it <3

0.5mg is enough for me to end bad 1P-LSD trip.

Other azolams are as good too.

Yeah, I would still take it at a last resort if nothing else helps. It's a great ability to be able to navigate through the hard times.

2C-B should never cause such a serious trip that xanax would be a good idea (as said it is a last resort), unless it was massively overdosed.

But generally, a benzo can be a resolution when a trip is very long and the tail end is very unproductive and just keeps you up strung out instead of leaving you able to rest. Or, anxiety can get the best of a person with the trip not really going anywhere and it might as well be aborted. But usually the latter does not happen: rather something may become intense or difficult but it is often best to work through it, preferably peacefully and supported by people.
However if a benzo such as xanax can enable you to avoid a disastrous experience, with behavior causing serious problems or experiences causing trauma instead of being a challenge, then easing it probably gives you a better scenario.

Benzos don't really stop trips as some people say, or to be more specific it's a bit more complicated than 'take benzo = trip over'.... a large dose of a really strong hypnotic should put you to sleep effectively ending a trip but if the benzo you use isn't very hypnotic you can end up blacked out while still tripping which will probably be a bad idea..... so you should have a trip sitter ready to give you the benzo and you should either take a low to normal dose of an anxiolytic benzo (pyrazolam would be ideal) which will leave you still tripping but anxiety free or a knock out dose of a strong hypnotic benzo, What you don't want is to end up blacked out but still tripping which will lead to bad things.

I have a prescription for Temazepam which seems to block any classical psychedelic drug.
What's up with that then?

Yes. Xanax will counteract the affects of many psychedelics including LSD. It will cause a trip to quickly fade.

I never found benzos to dull the intensity of a trip, not small doses anyway but I find it adds a clean lucidity to possibly rough trips.

I have a prescription for Temazepam which seems to block any classical psychedelic drug.
What's up with that then?

It can certainly dull a trip and depending on how much of a (in your case heavy) benzo you take compared to how strong the trip was in the first place, it can mean a big difference.

However dulling something to infinity is just *technically* not the same as blocking: because blocking is a direct interaction where you literally stop the psychedelic from being able to act on your brain's receptors.
Dulling is here indirect, and just evens everything out.

I don't think that either dulling or blocking a trip is healthy mentally because you take away your ability to process an experience and get closure on it. If you're unlucky, that stuff can come back to haunt you begging to be dealt with.
Yeah I've already made clear that trainwrecks are best avoided, because the acute risk may be much worse than having to deal with it haunting you later.

Just realize that it's a bad thing to run from something, just like running from fears doesn't work and only feeds it. Confrontation works, moving past it or through it. Makes you stronger.

OTOH if a trip is just bugging you but in a harmless way, there isn't a big issue with blocking (overkill with psychiatric meds tho) or dulling a trip e.g. when you want some rest. Cause then there's isn't stuff that might haunt you.