• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can weed look bad but hit really hard?

Yes.

Weed can also look amazing and hit like shit.

Used to get this shit from vegas we called pretendo bud because it looked good on the outside but smoked like shit and barely got you high.

I feel some rec state bud can be like that. They’re so concerned with bag appeal they lose sight of what’s truly important, the high.

To me it’s all about the smell, the smell will tell me everything I need to know about the high. Because my mind will revert back to the last time I had a similar strain and remember what that felt like. Smell has a very strong connection with memory, I got nostalgic as hell on some strains. Blueberry and headband come to mind, back in my youth.

-GC

To me it’s all about the smell, the smell will tell me everything I need to know about the high. Because my mind will revert back to the last time I had a similar strain and remember what that felt like. Smell has a very strong connection with memory, I got nostalgic as hell on some strains. Blueberry and headband come to mind, back in my youth.
Same. My favorite strain of all time by far is the original Girl Scout Cookies. I LOVE how it smells, tastes, looks and feels. I love the shape and color of the nugs. It's such a uniquely perfect strain for me in every aspect. Plus the high is perfect balance of what I want as well.

I'd pay extra just for that strain, even if they had "better" weed that was cheaper.

Fell in love with GSC instantly the first time I tried it when I lived in Berkeley, California. It originated there in the bay and when I lived there it was literally like the only weed strain people were smoking. That and purple. Literally all the weed in the entire bay area was purple strains and GSC. People just called weed "purps". If you bought weed from any random dealer I guarantee you it was purple. lol I loved it

Last edited:
I feel some rec state bud can be like that. They’re so concerned with bag appeal they lose sight of what’s truly important, the high.

-GC
This. The nose knows. Another good indicator is if it's in a baggie, in your makeup case, in your purse and you can still smell it, it is very good.

my dad used to talk about Acapulco Gold like it was the best shit ever

shit looks like a damn tumbleweed....
That's the sh*t your kids could smoke and be okay for a very long time though, and probably actually help with all sorts of issues they may have.
That's mother Earth's original medicine right there. Everything how it is supposed to be. Nothing taken away, nothing added.

Yeah, definitely. Some of the worst looking weed I've had has hit me like a hammer.

This. The nose knows. Another good indicator is if it's in a baggie, in your makeup case, in your purse and you can still smell it, it is very good.
I had this white skunk once that was in a plastic bag, in an Altoids tin, in the glove compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle and I could smell it from the driver's seat. Lol. It was amazing bud.

I had this white skunk once that was in a plastic bag, in an Altoids tin, in the glove compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle and I could smell it from the driver's seat. Lol. It was amazing bud.
That's the good stuff. I picked up a pound in a vacuumsealed bag and had to take the bus once. Two American tourists (I'm guessing) were on the bus and one of them sniffed the air and said, "It smells like my dorm room". I LOLed.

Yes.

Weed can also look amazing and hit like shit.

Used to get this shit from vegas we called pretendo bud because it looked good on the outside but smoked like shit and barely got you high.
I had that too. Weed smelled so strong you could smell a handful a mile away but you could smoke all day and feel nothing

my dad used to talk about Acapulco Gold like it was the best shit ever

shit looks like a damn tumbleweed....

You have to keep in mind in the 70's we had dirt Mexican, decent Mexican, paraquat scare Mexican weed, Panama Red, Acapulco gold and Columbian as the higher end. Then rea high test was known as either Thai Stick or Sensimilla. This was around the same time PCP was floating around as ""crystal tea" (THC). Every so often Black African came around.

Acapulco Gold was a fine smoke, some dense buds yellowish gold buds with a sweat flavor. Panama Red was a nice brownish reddish color also sweet.

Who know sensiilla was going to become standard weed.

I started a thread some time back asking this question about odor, scent, looks, burning odor etc. I have had crappy skunk weed reek up a room and potent weed that had no odor or scent when you opened the bag or smoked it.

But yeah, read up on the paraquat scares of the 70's. For a year or so we though the weed we had contained paraquat and some did and some didn't. Infuriating.

Bro' in law bought a elbow of panamaRed I was lucky enough to get a quarter lb of
By far one of the best strains ever to be had
tasted like toasted chocolate, high was phenomenal

Was even better than the Acapulco gold and thats saying alot!