• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can we say goodbye to Sasha Shulgin?

Rest in peace Sasha, such a shame, many a famous face passes away and while their impact is felt often many of their fans do not truly miss them but in the case of Sasha when so many have benefited from his works I can't even begin to imagine how many people worldwide will be touched very personally by his death.

You've been an inspiration in my life and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have had numerous life-changing experiences at the hands of 2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-P, 2C-T-2, 2C-B-Fly (and probably even MDMA!) and such - thank you for your work, and for your contributions to the world as a lovely human being :) <3

I remember the day I got to shake his hand and thank him in person.
Thanks again Sasha, your contributions to our lives and many lives to follow will never be forgotten.
<3

Wow, very sad day. It's a shame, there just aren't that many chemists so talented and so devoted to psychedelic substances.

Sad day for the psychedelic community.

There should be a kickstarter fund to preserve his lab as a historical momument....

Sad day for the psychedelic community.

There should be a kickstarter fund to preserve his lab as a historical momument....

Ehh you mean if his family decides they are not interested... the lab is part of his home isn't it? Where Ann also lives?

I learned so much from reading about his work and discoveries. I wish I would've had the opportunity to meet this man who risked so much for all of us.

R.I.P.

More so than just the discovery of any one chemical, Sasha approached personal psychedelic exploration with the mind and attitude of a scientist--something more people should try. His warm calculating tone made it easy to commiserate, to understand his passions and warnings on these substances.

I believe he will be remembered as the Tesla of our time, a great scientist totally unappreciated by society at large. But a century from now his contributions will be just as important as the greatest names in computer science.

I know his journey will be peaceful and the time was now, so his body can rest while his spirit is joined with the universe.

Ehh you mean if his family decides they are not interested... the lab is part of his home isn't it? Where Ann also lives?

I thought she had considered selling the property.

And the lab is actually its own detached building, if I understood correctly.

And then I realized my own approach to psychedelics has been largely influenced by Mr. Shulgin, from the calculating thoughtfulness, to the words and language used to describe these indescribable experiences, to the ultimate choice of psychedelics. Such a beautiful realization that one man could have such an impact on people, and so I know he has seen the mark of true wonder in life and death.

That's such a hilarious name. That's like, in meet the parents "his parents named him gaylord so they gotta be nice right?"

But yea. RIP definitely. I mustve watched that documentary moving pictures or whatver its called like 30 times.

But not to tangent to hectcly, but alive vs. dead always adds a really intricate extra dichotomy/dimension to tripping to film/interviews.
I always think on nitrous a dead person can borderline act with the universal consciousness to show me mentally what they were trying to accomplish in the physical world. Def looking forward to this.

Would it be an idea to start a tradition of an annual memorial day in Shulgins honour?
In the same way that we celebrates the discovery of LSD on Bicycle Day, I feel that a day where we can celebrate Shulgins contribution to the psychedelic community and the world in general, would be in place.

“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”

― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

rest in peace, we won't forget you Alexander Shulgin.

I love this quote so much. An amazing quote, from an amazing book, written by a truly amazing man. You will be missed, and you will be remembered. RIP Sasha.

Rest in peace Sasha. May your journey beyond bring you the eternal ++++ that you, beyond all others, deserve the most. Your work and your love of life have inspired me more than any other. I look forward to meeting you in the great trip beyond that we all must take some day.

Would it be an idea to start a tradition of an annual memorial day in Shulgins honour?
In the same way that we celebrates the discovery of LSD on Bicycle Day, I feel that a day where we can celebrate Shulgins contribution to the psychedelic community and the world in general, would be in place.

I think that's an excellent idea. I know I, for one, will be planning a meeting with the entirety of the magical half-dozen in the coming days and weeks. I figure it's as good a sendoff as any I can muster.

Thank you so much Shulgin, as many your creations changed my view on life for ever. This particular experience now guide my life for the better. Your role down here was so influential it can't be expressed with words. <3