Info can we change date format

misterwabbit78

Greenlighter
can we change displayed forums date format? id like to swap the day and month displayed around the other way. im not seeing the option anywhere in settings,. so must not be able to with this current vBulletin? or the option to allow users to change this 'value' not enabled? correct? how about the forums time format? thx!

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't believe it's possible to change the date format at this time. You'll get used to it, though. :D It's cool to see another IL kid on the board

the vbulletin date format is global (i.e applies to all users) and can not be overridden on a user basis. globally, day-month-year is much more widespread in use than month-day-year (which is really only embraced in the u.s.) so we use that.

i'd argue that year-month-day might make the most sense - if there was support for a change to that, we'd consider switching.

alasdair

Personally, I'd prefer a format that spells out the month (or a 3 letter abbreviation of it) so as to avoid the confusion all together. Barring that, can we switch to a Mayan calendar just to keep everyone equally confused?