• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can tramadol withdrawals kill you? Im ready to take that risk. Any advice on this?

crisler

Bluelighter
I have been on tramadol 3 months doses ranging 150mg to 250mg never more than 250mg per 24 hours. one dose a day usually at lunch time. The goal was to treat my depression which it did, I usd it as a tool to learn how to be happy and learn how to enjoy life. I am ready to leave tramadol behind. I am 30 hours without and I must say i am in hell. My head is pulsating and vibrating even myteeth and jaws, like serious vibrating hard. I may have a seizure any time but I want to get off now before i become even more dependent. Thats why I am cold turkey attempting.

So far terrible insomnia no sleep maybe 3 hours max last night. Treating diarrhea with immodium AD, working to an extent, may take a lorazepam but I only have four 1mgpills of that and was going to have that for my girlfriend to give me if I told her i was having a seizure or strongly felt like one was imminent. I have four days off work so hopefully the four days are long enough for the worst and I can use .5mg lorazepam every 4 hours after the four days so I can function normal at work. I am a line cook at a country club.

So my question is, is cold turkey tramadol 250mg/day for 3 months deadly or present any complications that can cause hospitalization?? Im toughing it out with music, good company and support from my girlfriend, and immodium going to take ~10mg a day. I have 42 x 50mgpills left and I will flush them all one someone here gives me the good-to-go on my plan. Hope someone can help me out soon while Im able to sit at my computer. Thanks much!

No, it will not be a deadly withdrawal, but i would HIGHLY advise tapering.

I do have enough to taper. I just want to be done though. I may taper though, I feel like this is the worst of it and I can fight thru but I dont want to end up in the hospital waking up and they told me I had cardiac arrest or a stroke or something idk about that can happen with me doing this. So confused im just lost cantdecide if CT is worth my overall health..

I don't think that it could kill you (except dehydration because of diarrhea, but that's unlikely ) but as headhigh said, tapering would be the best idea.
You could reduce by 25mg a day.

With a taper it can be done with no more discomfort than a long flue, but if you like this way there is no phisical danger at all.I find pretty odd the idea to go at work at day 5 taking benzos, the tail of the WD is manly weakness so benzos should only do the problem worst.

As long as you take proper care of yourself as well as you can (nutrition, hydration, especially hydration) you definitely won't die. I personally found that getting in better physical and mental shape has made opioid WD much easier, if that's an option. Even light exercises like stretching and clean eating will help the process. Good luck and stay strong, you can do this!

As long as you take proper care of yourself as well as you can (nutrition, hydration, especially hydration) you definitely won't die. I personally found that getting in better physical and mental shape has made opioid WD much easier, if that's an option. Even light exercises like stretching and clean eating will help the process. Good luck and stay strong, you can do this!

Thanks for the support guys! I'm going to flush my pills and commit to this. Withdrawal is so much easier when you have support. Love you guys this community is awesome.

:)

BL is my favorite online community, so much love and support for those who need it most. You can always PM me to talk about the WD process or just to chat to take your mind off things.

Im pretty sure opiate wds don't have the potential to kill you. Benzos, yes. But opiates, I don't think so. And I agree with what youre doing. I tried the taper thing tons of time and just ended up using it all faster than I meant to. I just had to put my foot down and tough out the wds.

I WD from a similar habit back then and I won't lie to you. It is pretty damn uncomfortable but compared to other opioids it is more mental due to the Serotonin-effects of Tramadol.
You will probably experience depression and dysphoria, insomnia, restlessness and hot-cold flashes as well as brain zaps BUT is is not nearly as bad as higher potent opiates.
For example I was completely bedridden and not being able to eat for about 4 days puking bile from Buprenorphine WD which was much worse than a Tramadol WD can ever be.

Benzos and Gabapentin can seriously help with the lack of sleep and for mental stability. Also get some Loperamide if you get the shits. Good luck! You are doing the right thing and never look back or try other opioids/opiates. It will only get worse.

No,opiate withdrawal does not require hospilitazition and some wouldn't even take u if u went it. Unless u have a seizure u don't need medical/medicinal assistance. Only w/d that can be fatal is alcohol and benzos. I've tried ambulatory detox before and shit I would've been better off having my "baby sitter" for that week hold on to a stash of Xanax, neurotin, pot and some Imodium .... If u can't do it maybe consider medicine assistance thru a suboxone clinic or just buy a couple on the streets and do a 6 day taper like some rehabs do

Tramadol withdrawal is something else man. Noone ever utyourself through this ifyou can avoid. My body is freaking out in every way imaginable it's really hell. I haven't cried since my childhood but I think right now my body isn't sure how to make serotonin or something because I have cried about 5 times in 48 hours this is just so strange. Real crying emotional rollercoaster cry when I think about mymother who is still alive and healthy. For no reason. Just thought about my mother and I cried. I cant wait until I make it to the other side of this a new person.

Tram withdrawal is shit, I'm also using it for depression. I just went through a cold turkey wd on about 450mg a day for short of a month. The sleeplessness and weak feeling hit me the hardest, ambien wouldn't even keep me out for more then 2-3 hours and I have no tolerance to it.

It blows that's for sure, I wish you luck. I'm about a week off if I remember correctly and I'm still having trouble sleeping but I also blew through almost 250mg of hydrocodone last weekend so I could still be suffering from that.

You will be fine OP. Tramadol WDs suck but you won't run into any serious ailments.

Good luck buddy.

With Tramadol being both an opioid and an SNRI, I suppose how hard Tramadol withdrawal hits you depends heavily on whether you also suffer from an undiagnosed depression (or a similar mental health condition; possibly also fibromyalgia) or not.

I tried plenty of SSRIs and SNRIs over the years, but because none of them worked for me, all I felt when I eventually discontinued them was a few days of mild irritability + brain zaps and this weird pseudo-dizziness where it feels like your brain is stabilized in a gyroscope when you move your head. People who do benefit from antidepressants, however, often claim they have an extremely hard time quitting them, relapsing into a deep depression.
So I guess Tramadol withdrawal might amount to anything from "codeine withdrawal with brain zaps" to "codeine withdrawal while severely depressed". In the latter case, you might really want to taper.

With Tramadol being both an opioid and an SNRI, I suppose how hard Tramadol withdrawal hits you depends heavily on whether you also suffer from an undiagnosed depression (or a similar mental health condition; possibly also fibromyalgia) or not.

I tried plenty of SSRIs and SNRIs over the years, but because none of them worked for me, all I felt when I eventually discontinued them was a few days of mild irritability + brain zaps and this weird pseudo-dizziness where it feels like your brain is stabilized in a gyroscope when you move your head. People who do benefit from antidepressants, however, often claim they have an extremely hard time quitting them, relapsing into a deep depression.
So I guess Tramadol withdrawal might amount to anything from "codeine withdrawal with brain zaps" to "codeine withdrawal while severely depressed". In the latter case, you might really want to taper.

Yea my depression is pretty debilitating even before my tramadol self treatment. Im not sure when itd be safe to because I know not to mix AD meds with each other or tramadol, though tramadols effects should be cleared from my chemistry by now, but yea Id like to start an antidepressant some day, legally ofc lol. I need something I can go on and on about my severe depression but I'll just say its bad. Somethig wrong inside of my brain man.. been going through this for 4 years now.

I use to take 300 mg a day for years. I ended up stopping cold turkey. The withdrawl was horrible. Coming off H wasnt even close to how I felt coming off tram.
I'm pretty sure it cant kill you but it seemed like it took a month to even start feeling normal again.
Not something I ever want to experience again.