• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Tramadol cause permanent loss of libido

Maybe Im overthinking too much again but Im lil bit concerned of sex drive.
Its not so high since a couple of time and maybe its because Im taking tramadol ?
I take it since august, not regurarly just here and there once or twice a week.
Long-term use of opioids may result in hypogonadism by decreasing the release of GnRH, so decreasing the testosterone level and finally affecting EF and male fertility.

Which is to say it's possible, I just don't know how likely it is in your case.

I have permanent sexual dysfunction (abstinent libido and premature ejaculation) due to many years on venlafaxine, which is a close chemical cousin of tramadol. But I think most people don't get that and if then it takes many years on tram for to manifest.
Have you tried testosterone therapy for your libido and premature ejaculation?

it depends how long you take it for, a total permanent loss is unlikely, a serious decrease is possible and you deserve it! stop molesting your peepee!

I have permanent sexual dysfunction (abstinent libido and premature ejaculation) due to many years on venlafaxine, which is a close chemical cousin of tramadol. But I think most people don't get that and if then it takes many years on tram for to manifest.
What pssd ? I had the same from paxil for years unfortunately. Seems its more common then its made out to be not ?