• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Tramadol cause permanent loss of libido

Byzek

Bluelighter
Maybe Im overthinking too much again but Im lil bit concerned of sex drive.
Its not so high since a couple of time and maybe its because Im taking tramadol ?
I take it since august, not regurarly just here and there once or twice a week.

I would note that that is not that great break, I wouldn't make hasty conclusions, I am not wondering if you feel alterations.

I mean, even if you have zero blood levels, combined SSRI+opiate can cause alterations in nervous function lasting little longer than 4 half-lives but it doesn't mean "persistent"

I mean, even if you have zero blood levels, combined SSRI+opiate can cause alterations in nervous function lasting little longer than 4 half-lives but it doesn't mean "persistent"
Well google say that tramadol can lead to permanent loss of libido when someone is taking it for longer period of times.
Which mean like 90days.
Maybe Im freaking out becoz of nothing.

well even if that was true I suspect you need to go little harder than that.
But this is just gut feeling I have.

These things are typically not permanent. They will resolve when the drug is withdrawn from the body, but the effects can linger for weeks or months.

To echo everyone else: Take a break and you should be good. Sexual function and health isn’t any thing you probably want to fuck around with. It would be better to take a break.

Well i was jerking off 2 days ago the whole day but it wasnt as fun as normal

I have permanent sexual dysfunction (abstinent libido and premature ejaculation) due to many years on venlafaxine, which is a close chemical cousin of tramadol. But I think most people don't get that and if then it takes many years on tram for to manifest.

Don't know... I get hard asf even on tramadol(been using daily for 3 years or so) but only 200mg a day.

Maybe Im overthinking too much again but Im lil bit concerned of sex drive.
Its not so high since a couple of time and maybe its because Im taking tramadol ?
I take it since august, not regurarly just here and there once or twice a week.
Going to echo the others, take a break and see how you’re feeling. I do think you’re overthinking it.

Yes, tramadol can cause loss of libido but you’d have to be taking it for a long time, way more than 90 days in my opinion, you’re talking years.

Take a break and see how you feel. There are way more reasons your libido could be low. Diet, hydration, exercise etc all play a major role as well.

Last edited: