• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Can someone who speaks Russian help me translate this?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Can someone help me translate this? (Probably Polish.)

Skip to the 5min mark if you don't want to listen to the whole thing. It's a good song tho.

Last edited:
My next door neighbor is Russian if its important to you I'll ask her tomorrow. Its to late here in Fl. right now.

Yeah man, I'd appreciate it. I'm a big Type O Negative fan and have always wondered about the parts Peter sings in Russian. If you want while you're at it you could do this one too. Again the Russian starts at about 5mins in.

Sure thing bro, sorry didn't post sooner, just slipped my mind. I'm curious myself so we'll both find out tomorrow. I'm up all night so I'm not sure when I'll see her but it will be done.

Nutti, I got in touch but she is getting new teeth today and said tomorrow. But she said she will show me her teeth when she gets home so if my modem reaches in her house maybe later today. It'll get done as long as she can understand it. She's an older women and I look forward to hearing her say "this is Russian music" she still believes in a lot of Russian propaganda. Her mother was "principal of school so I know facts." But she's much happier here and will tell you of the restrictions and lack of necessities there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nutti not a good result. The first thing she said was "Guy looks like Rasputin." Then said he's not speaking Russian, she could not understand a single word tho I thought I heard the word Russia. She said it could be Georgian, Armenian, or a Khattians language from around the black sea, but its not Russian. I asked are you sure because according to my friend this is a Russian artist. Maybe live in Russia now was her response. Also her Turkish boyfriend said it wasn't Russian. Again, I tried and maybe someone from that nation will respond and be able to help. Off the track my mom's second husband was polish an she thought it sounded pole to her, she said they have a lot of words in common. Good luck with this.

Last edited:
Off the track my mom's second husband was polish an she thought it sounded pole to her, she said they have a lot of words in common. Good luck with this.

That was actually my second guess after you messaged me. It would make sense since while Peter Steele is American, he has Polish ancestry.

Hey Nutti not a good result. The first thing she said was "Guy looks like Rasputin."

Lol it is Rasputin not the singer. Singer is Peter Steele...

peter-steele.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny, I gotta tell her tomorrow. I enjoy talking with her as she is my age and has been here 15 yrs. I learn a lot about what life was like in Russia. She came here with little and started a diner in Miami on the beach.