• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can someone explain 7-Hydroxymitragynine to me in layman’s terms?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Wikipedia... yeah Wikipedia the shittiest source of information says it’s 17 fold higher potency then morphine ? How come I never feel shit off it. Currently drinking 1.5 grams mixed with my coffee of some white vein to counteract the fact that I want a oxycodone so fucking bad

Wikipedia is actually quite accurate. Yes it is that much more potent than morphine, the problem is you aren't taking just the 7-HM you're taking the full spectrum kratom, and I don't even know if the plant has anything in it that could protonate the active molecule like opium does with morphine meconate. I'd like to see pure 7-HM hydrochloride on the market.

Last edited:
So what’s the best bet the 1-3 gram dose everyone talks about ? Just to get some relief from anxiety and oxy cravings ?
Wikipedia is actually quite accurate. Yes it is that much more potent than morphine, the problem is you aren't taking just the 7-HM you're taking the full spectrum kratom, and I don't even know if the plant has anything in it that could protonated the active molecule like opium has with morphine meconate. I'd like to see pure 7-HM hydrochloride on the market.

Wikipedia... yeah Wikipedia the shittiest source of information says it’s 17 fold higher potency then morphine ? How come I never feel shit off it. Currently drinking 1.5 grams mixed with my coffee of some white vein to counteract the fact that I want a oxycodone so fucking bad
Well for starters, the white veins are for energy and mental clarity. To good a good warm nod going, you need to take a red. Red Maeng Da is the most stimulating of the reds, so any red but that one.

Also, your dose is too low. I personally take 5 grams at a time, work up to it and see a good number for you. I take mine for energy and pain relief, not nodding

I personally believe that there's not much difference between the red and white vein cultivars of kratom. On analysis, they both had the same alkaloid profile, and similar total alkaloid content. And I never noticed much of a difference.

For use as an opioid to keep withdrawals at bay you will definitely need more than 1.5g. I would go so far as to suggest 5 or even 10 grams per dose. Weigh it on a scale, don't use volumetric measuring.

I personally believe that there's not much difference between the red and white vein cultivars of kratom. On analysis, they both had the same alkaloid profile, and similar total alkaloid content. And I never noticed much of a difference.

For use as an opioid to keep withdrawals at bay you will definitely need more than 1.5g. I would go so far as to suggest 5 or even 10 grams per dose. Weigh it on a scale, don't use volumetric measuring.
I notice a huge difference. I don't completely understand kratom, but I was very skeptical about it and tried it out of desperation. The white veins don't help with my pain much, but I do get a definite mood boost. If I take too much white, it feels like a milder version of overdosing on a stimulant. Racing heart, tight chest, anxiety.

The reds kill my pain immediately, within 10 minutes or so, and if I overdose on them, I get that hot, loopy opiate feeling and I hate it.

The yellow veins make me vomit and give me terrible headaches.

Kratom is some amazing stuff

I can't even pronounce that shit. All my drug info comes from pubmed. Not sure if you tried looking there.

That seems to be theme with you Sekio, everything feels the same to you. ;)

To be fair I haven’t done kratom enough to say one way or the other but when I was purchasing extracts I noticed a difference between Da Maeng and Bali for what it’s worth.

-GC

Is OP talking about 7-OH-mitragynine in a pure form? Or in regards to kratom? The kratom stuff threw me off.

The alkaloids in Kratom are not fully water soluble, or I should say they do not easily come out of the plant matter. You will get better effects consuming it in its entirety. If you are in serious withdrawals you will need a dose of <5g. Do not expect anything more than a decrease in your withdrawals.

Ah ok. Well I have not been able to assay my kratom. I have about ~8 different strains right now and they do indeed have different effects. But I would imagine that the Red/Chocolate kratom has a higher 7-OH content.

There is a certain strain, bentuangie, that has mu h higher levels of the pseudoindoxyl that kills pain incredibly but does not whatsoever cause any kind of high. It is wild.

@G_Chem have you checked out any of the studies on it? It is fascinating if you like the research articles. I'll send em over if you would like.

You must’ve read my mind. I was about to reply asking more but then just got to searching. That said please do :)

I’m constantly on the hunt for new psychoactives to isolate and kratom seems like a gold mine the more I hear about it’s highly varied responses.

-GC