• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can some people really use Datura Stramonium without having the trip from hell?

BenzosBudOrBooty

Bluelighter
Per the shroomery one user posted a thread and wrote

"I’ve been making and using flying ointments for several years now.  The last ointment I made was from wild-collected pure white stramonium seeds.  I’ve even chewed a bit of datura root before bed.  I believe this is the most potent oneirogen... 

Datura has taken me on fantastic adventures in my dreams, from being imprisoned on an desert planet, being freed, watching the desolate landscape transform before my eyes into lush fields of green, with exquisite mansions and houses alround.. teeming with flowers and beautiful butterflies.  I met the love of my life, had a son, and had a private aquarium built in my mansion... I swam in an ice cold lake with my lover playfully, and drove a flying car.  I’ve even eaten shrooms in the other world and tripped in a fictional “Mexican village”. 

In order to dose this powerful plant, one must form a connection on the higher planes... tie a gold thread between yourself and the plant in astral, with your intention imprinted upon it... the correct amount of ointment glows... or the correct size of root to chew...  never had anything but good experiences with datura... never overdosed in all the years I’ve been using it..  I have a very close relationship with this plant and I treat it with the upmost respect, and it treats me well."

It's just gotten me really curious. I'm not going to use datura any time damn near soon but it's so intriguing to me now. I've heard nothing but nightmarish stuff about this plant/drug. But this guy is either a solid fictional writer...maybe he's Carlos Castenada reincarnated....or there are people who can handle this drug.

But why should I be able to handle this drug? When so many people have reported bad things with this drug. Is what I ask myself. Which makes me fear this plant greatly.

Has anyone here actually done datura stramonium and does anyone actually have good experiences with it?

It's vaguely possible, you could consider it a microdose of sorts (I have even used a relative of datura for allergies in the distant past), but the variation in alkaloid content from plant to plant makes it very very easy to kill yourself doing this if you don't know what you're doing.

Ive done Datura four times (not that particular variety though) ans found it enjoyable. My only real complaint were the after effects. Felt so weird for probably a week or more after each experience

I chew datura seeds all the time...one or two for nausea. 3 or 4 before sleep. Never had a bad trip...or actually tripped on it...not yet.

The Navajo actually used datura in some of their spiritual rituals.

Datura is used as a spiritual ally in various traditions, yes. The poster in question seems to understand what is required to achieve and maintain a beneficial relationship with plant allies, and even more exciting, such a dangerous one as Datura.

A good friend of mine knows a few friends who have tried it in ceremony themselves, and has worked with an experienced shaman that has had extensive contact with the plant. The story I got from her experience + hers with this shaman is that it can be an extremely powerful teacher, but is strongly oriented towards the shadow and shadow work, with lots of people ending up with issues surrounding the shadow, darkness, evil, etc. because it's just so polarized.

Most all plants can be teachers, but you need to build a relationship for it to be so. In various indigenous cultures, medicinal and teacher plants are considered medicine only if the user or he/she who is administering it has a relationship with the spirit of the plant. There must be connection for the plant to heal.

Yes there is a very spiritual nature to all of these plants.