• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can smoke weed help with anxiety?

What kind of anxiety do you have? I know personally that it has resolved a lot of anxiety related issues for myself by being able to have the insight to delve deeper into issues that trigger anxiety and use that as a method to fix or make changes in my life. However, unless you take a mindful approach, it won't help. I.e medicating just to alleviate anxiety may just create a dependence on weed, and leave you helpless when your sober.

It can also have the completely opposite effect and can cause you to experience greater anxiety. It certainly does for me if I oversmoke. I can smoke once a day and be fine and find it release some tension and feels great, if I smoke more it starts to make me loopy, delusional and stupid. If you have pre-existing anxiety, I think smoking weed a lot will make it worse. Its effective in small amounts, not as a constant haze to dull down anxiety. I'd be cautious in using it as such a tool.

Everyone experiences it differently. It helped my anxiety a lot when I first started and in general has helped when I'm not high but now after a period of smoking everyday for a year I find it making my social anxiety a lot worse when I'm actually high. Stopped smoking so much because of this.

I find taking a t break and/or not smoking so regularly allows me to enjoy the high with less anxiety

It doesn't help me, it increases it. But it's worth it in the trade off I reckon, as I get other positive effects, not to go into them here.

I don't think of it as an anxiolytic really, but as others have mentioned, I suppose it could be. Would depend on strain and all that too.

Can smoke weed help with anxiety?
Kind of, but it's not worth it. Better to do the hard work of exercise and daily meditation. If you must use weed, try to reserve it for when you just can't deal with life anymore. Then take a puff and watch as you go from a panic attack to seeing your problems in a new light :)