View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can psychs help me with my issues?

meah

Greenlighter
Hello community.I went trought my whole life with low self esteem,anxiety (social too) and depression issues.
My family wasn't the best place where to grown. 24 years,10 years ago i had something like neurasthenia (not sure about terms),that let me with physical symptoms (perennial fatigue,heeling,memory issues etc) till this day.
One year and half ago i did my first psychedelic trip (3 gr shrooms cubensis with lemon) after read a lot on internet about their properties about mental healt.I did other 5 6 trip after that,the strongest trip i had was 280 ug lsd (that was faaar from funny..).

So i want to ask,can ayahuasca help me with my problems?Can really help me to see what is wrong and teach me about what changes to do,and free me to physical symptoms?

Another thing,do U think it's the best psych for these purposes?I read somewhere that shrooms are even superior in high doses for that purpose,what do U think?Are they interchangeable?

It sounds like you've taken enough trips to be able to answer this yourself - have you noticed if psychedelics have been helpful to you so far?

Honestly a bit,but not so much.The most therapeutic trips where my first (shrooms 3 g with lemon)and same amount of shrooms 1 year later.Lsd doesn't seems to be very useful for this purpose at least in my experience.Is there the possiblity i need bigger amounts for achieve that? About my experience:in 7/8 trips,one was a bad trip and 2 shrooms were bad stored,so i'm not so experienced at all

No I don't think you need bigger amounts. I'd say if you are finding 3g mushroom trips to be useful, that's great. You might even want to try slightly smaller doses, I've gotten a lot of insight from the 1-2g range personally.

In my experience, and other people may argue otherwise, and it might be different for you, but more isn't necessarily better with psychedelics. Sometimes it's worse. In general, my most useful trips for personal growth and insight have been on moderate doses.

You do need a take certain dosage to get a different vantage point, but it doesn't need to be very high. If you're trying to work on this stuff, sometimes you just need to hover a bit above ground level to get the perspective. Sometimes I just need to pop my head out of the canopy of the forest of my life and take a look around.

If you go up too high, you can get lost in the clouds, or maybe you're just staring out into space, which is cool, but might not translate into much you can work on once you land. More important are set and setting, make sure everything is set up right beforehand including your physical self.

On the other hand, some people say that ayahuasca ceremonies have been really big game changers in their lives, and those are often some heavy duty dosages. They are conducted under guided supervision, it's not the sort of thing to do solo, especially if you're new and have complex issues to sort out.

Yes, stronger trips help. The question is whether or not you want the answers. The answers are often very obvious to see but very difficult to accept.

As far as higher doses and which are best to illicit a change.. For me it varies. Depends on what I need at the time. Sometimes Ill take something softer (dose or substance) and Ill find being be able to logically think through the issues that have been bugging me and are now coming to the surface during this time extremely therapeutic. Other times Ill aim higher, buckle up and hold on tight while recent issues are thrown in my face (sometimes these are not enjoyable trips, what some may classify as "bad trips" but I find these can be equally as beneficial). And sometimes, usually at medium doses, Ill have a recreational trip - sometimes with friends - which can be just as therapeutic.

And sometimes (now more often than I trip) I wont take anything and just sit (meditate) and these issues present themselves and with a clear head I can see where I need to go.

And thats where this comes in
Psychedelics are not going to make the change for you, they're merely a light to help illuminate things you'd like to change. Following through and making that change requires a lot of hard work.

I have always made a similar comparison; (for me) psychedelics are like a flash light in the dark, they can show you the way but youve got to make your own way there. But buyer beware, sometimes what these substances illuminate may not be what you want to see, sometimes its what you need to see, and sometimes Im just not sure.

Remember though, although we, as strangers on the internet, can make recommendations on substance or dose (though technically not allowed here) the decision to use these substances and at what dose is always yours to make.

Suppose ill leave you with this
Mark Lawrence said:
“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

Psychedelics are not going to make the change for you, they're merely a light to help illuminate things you'd like to change
that's exactly what i want and i hope will happen,i don't want a ''happiness pill''.This and the hope psychs can help with my physical symptoms of anxiety (chronic fatigue,drowziness,memory issues) that doesn't let me from 10 years.Hope treating the anxiety the symptoms reduce or vanish
Best candidates in your opinions? aya/shrooms ?

Psychedelics are not going to make the change for you, they're merely a light to help illuminate things you'd like to change. Following through and making that change requires a lot of hard work.

There's your answer. I used Liberty cap mushrooms to help me deal with grieving problems I was having - 6 months difficulty gone in a night. I also use psychedelics/dissociatives as a means of treating low mood due to physical health problems and a lack of connection to the world, (which can be very common in low mood/anxiety). I have a mate whose wife had a stroke and he swears by DMT to increase her functioning and field of vision. I find that the tryptamines are more healing/illuminating than the Lysergamides, (gone as high as 45mg of both MXE & 4-HO-MET with highest HO-MET doses being 80+ mg and 300mcg of the Lysergamides and the MXE combo is by far the more healing).

All that said you still have to work on what you learn and incorporate it into your life. Many are advised and know how to live a good and healthy life but choose not to so information doesn't always result in change. Commit to the change, the new way of living that psychedelics can show, live the change and the drugs will work.

On a side note are you sure your symptoms are all low mood? It could be CFS/ME or Thyroid problems you are describing too. Good luck on your journey to health.

BTW, haven't tried it yet but will be trying Ayahuasca to try and effect more change it is often lauded as a real game changer so looking forward to that, (plus might have just got a source for Ketamine and am hoping for good things there).

that's exactly what i want and i hope will happen,i don't want a ''happiness pill''.This and the hope psychs can help with my physical symptoms of anxiety (chronic fatigue,drowziness,memory issues) that doesn't let me from 10 years.Hope treating the anxiety the symptoms reduce or vanish
Best candidates in your opinions? aya/shrooms ?

Shrooms, (as I can't speak for Aya) but top of it all is MXE, there is magic in that powder!

Some more info here:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/823370-Psychedelics-and-depression

Last edited:

I wrote nearly the same thing in my reply, and then deleted it because I discovered that I'm skeptical about this. It sounds good, and it's the right attitude no doubt, but when I look back at some of the changes I've made in my life as a result of psychedelics I can't say it was 100% due to my own hard work.

For example, on a 4-AcO-DMT trip I realized that I wanted to stop drinking and overeating as much as I had been. Following the trip, it wasn't hard to stop at all, my cravings for excess food and alcohol were simply gone. It was automatic. I think people who have used Ibogaine to combat addiction might relate (Xorkoth?).

Similarly, during trips I've observed certain undesired neuroses, habits, blocks. After the trip it wasn't hard to correct them, sometimes they just evaporate without any effort at all.

Still, I think it's the right perspective to take. The most powerful changes are down to personal effort and decisions. The automatic ones are a happy bonus!

On a side note are you sure your symptoms are all low mood? It could be CFS/ME or Thyroid problems you are describing too

Symptoms happened after a period of high stress ,so i'm 99,9 % sure it's psychosomatic

Symptoms happened after a period of high stress ,so i'm 99,9 % sure it's psychosomatic

I went through a very high period of prolonged stress with work and poor health and having the same symptoms as you I went to the Dr. Blood tests ruled out the obvious, (low iron or Thyroid). Researching it I found that low Vit D can cause those symptoms, (very common and worth taking a supplement for a while to rule it out), including low mood which I had then developed. N E Way long story short my depression was actually ME. ME/CFS are often triggered by high stress.

It would be worth taking the Vit D to rule it out. Check with your Dr for Thyroid, Vit deficiencies or low iron as they all have the same symptoms and could have your problem resolved in a couple of weeks - nothing to loose and you can still trip after.

Hope things resolve soon. Best of luck.