• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can Pregabalin help you quit benzos? + Black seed oil and more benzo taper aid/questions.

It works very good for withdrawal. Benzo WD is no joke so make sure to speak with your doctor about it. Please don't try going cold turkey as it can have devastating consequences.
Thx for the info. I'm not necessarily stupid enough to CT benzo, but I am stupid enough that I tried a pretty quick taper that is having me reconsider the certainty of my level of stupidness.
I've weaned down from a couple mg ox Xanax down to basically .25-.5 in little less than 3 weeks. Besides the inhumane symptoms atm, what really has me stuck is I'm worried about seizures. Does the preagbalin help in that area?

Thx for the info. I'm not necessarily stupid enough to CT benzo, but I am stupid enough that I tried a pretty quick taper that is having me reconsider the certainty of my level of stupidness.
I've weaned down from a couple mg ox Xanax down to basically .25-.5 in little less than 3 weeks. Besides the inhumane symptoms atm, what really has me stuck is I'm worried about seizures. Does the preagbalin help in that area?
Oh yes it's a very powerful anti-convulsant. But if it's been 3 weeks without any seizures you don't have to worry. But Pregabalin can still help in other areas, in particular the anxiety & insomnia. Your doc will probably want to put you on Gabapentin first though since it's less abuseable/habit forming.

Oh yes it's a very powerful anti-convulsant. But if it's been 3 weeks without any seizures you don't have to worry. But Pregabalin can still help in other areas, in particular the anxiety & insomnia. Your doc will probably want to put you on Gabapentin first though since it's less abuseable/habit
I've been offered Neurotin before by my doc.
I turned it down. This office I go to is always trying to throw something at me instead of doing their actual job. I guess in their defense they feel they are. The N/P prescribed me Amitriptyline last year, but I never took it. I heard it can help with benzo wd but not sure about it.

I've had Gabapentin in past and wasn't too impressed, but things are a little different now. I'm literally desperate.
I think I can talk doc into a few days-week of Lyrica/Pregabalin since I am having pretty major restless leg and on and off burning nerve pain in my feet every since I started wd'ing.
That's if I can make it in tmrrrw.
I'm do for a physical and they told me to fast before I come.
Ha, I don't think that is going to be a problem as I have been having to remind myself to eat.
Appreciate the info, friend.
I can't wait to get off these benzos and be drug free again.
I've had enough. Getting high isn't fun anymore.
I've outgrown it.

Oh yes it's a very powerful anti-convulsant. But if it's been 3 weeks without any seizures you don't have to worry. But Pregabalin can still help in other areas, in particular the anxiety & insomnia. Your doc will probably want to put you on Gabapentin first though since it's less abuseable/habit forming.
Late to this post as I have bouts where I come on this site then just don't log in for ages:

Atm I am still looking for the right combo of drugs for my anxiety. One I'm hoping I'll get when I get my ADHD diagnosis and get meds for that. However, I'm hoping to also get Pregabalin prescribed too. However, I live in the UK and it's super hard to get prescribed. Usually I'd have a chance but because I've abused drugs in the past and they know, they won't prescribe them without a fight. I can get them online for pretty cheap, x150 300mg capsules for £63. However, I want the legit thing and to do it the right way. Will probs go to my GP and bring my own Pregabalin and say "look, I can get it myself and will if I have to but would rather get it prescribed."

As for gabapentin, that wouldn't do a thing for me. Pregabalin doesn't even help my anxiety at all atm, I'd need to take it for a few months first to see if it even worked lol. But thanks though!

Pregabalin really is a wonder drug for withdrawal. All I will say is be careful you do not substitute one thing for the other which is so easy to do. The mood lift from Pregabalin if you are withdrawing can be very tempting. It's weird, because I think if I had tried pregab on its own and not as a withdrawal aid I probably wouldn't have liked it much. Tolerance rises fast so start small because to begin with 75mg will be enough for some relief I found. Personally i'd try to never go above 300mg in one go if you are only using it to taper.