Can police just search minors?

No they didnt read us our rights but they did handcuff us, i was going to ask if we were under arrest but they seemed like dicks and i wasnt sure if they need to do this for minors. My friend with the drugs also said that nothing had happened, while my other friend is going to be in a different state for a year his dad asked for court date to be moved up.. i still have to talk to him about this but do you think this will cause any harm?
I'm pretty sure it was just to scare us, another question is what do they do with the drugs they confiscate? i mean really, its a smaller city and you cant just throw that stuff away.

You know what? You did smoke weed so all this whining about civil rights is a joke. You are guilty. Deal with it and don't be thinking about if your next arrest will be #1 or #2.

With parents like yours, you will go far. Smoking weed is fun (I love it) but illegal. If you do something illegal, deal with the consequeces like a man.

If they cuffed you and brought you to the station, they had to read your miranda rights, otherwise, just point this out to the judge, and you should get off, because it is illeagle arrest then. It WAS a lawful search though, so you won't get off on that, but mention that they never read you your rights, and have all your friends back that up. The pigs are dicks and will probably argue that you were too stoned to remember, but if all your friends agree, then the judge is more likely to believe it, esp since you're a 4.0 student. Good luck.

Girl, are you a f**king lawyer now, or constitutional scholar? Why do people post such rank bullshit in a fourm where people need serious and accurate help. This is not the "How many 5HPTs can I take to roll ballz" fourm, but the Legal Fourm, and answers had better be right!

IF YOU POST BULLSHIT YOU HEARD ON THE PEOPLE COURT, REAL PEOPLE CAN GET IN LOTS OF TROUBLE!

Facts:

You do NOT have to have your rights read to be arrested, only if you are being questioned. From the USConstitution.net

Note that one need not be Mirandized to be arrested. There is a difference between being arrested and being questioned. Also, basic questions, such as name, address, and Social Security number do not need to be covered by a Miranda warning. The police also need not Mirandize someone who is not a suspect in a crime.

For more info see http://www.usconstitution.net/miranda.html

Hey, he made it sound like he was arrested, most times, they don't cuff you if you're only being questioned...

And I didn't get that from people's court, I got that from my American Law class, thank you very much, taught by a former criminal lawyer.

And he WAS A suspect, and they are giving him a court date for a trial for a criminal act. So therefore, he had to have been read his rights. They could have taken him in to be questioned, but if they never read him his rights after they got past the basics, then the entire case can be thrown out.

Please show my proof that you need to have you rights read when getting arrested. Miranda applies if you are being questioned, either before or after you get arrested. If they have no questions, no Miranda. Please show proof otherwise.

PlutoMars and anarchistgirl, please do not hijack this thread.

Private messages are my favorite new feature on Bluelight. For private debates, PLEASE use them.

^^^ :) yes, this thread is about me getting arrested.

Also no one answered, what do they do with evidence(like drugs) when they get it.. especially when they dont put the arrest on file?