• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can oxy bring out any of the weed in my body?

Oh yeah, you can get them in massive sizes, but the dosing will be at little 10mg chunks, iirc.

So that 500mg chocolate bar would be, technically, a whopping 50 doses if I'm right.... but I never rule out the possibility that I'm wrong. Happens a fucking lot, man.

Hold on, lemme google some shit real quick....

[EDIT: Aha! Success:

The Cannabist said:
Colorado’s pot industry will face its first major regulatory shift of 2015 on Sunday when popular but controversial infused edibles will be forced to comply with new packaging, labeling and potency restrictions passed last year.

Under the new regulations, edibles sold recreationally must be wrapped individually or demarked in increments of 10 or fewer milligrams of activated THC, the major psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. The state’s recommended dose is 10 milligrams. Edibles packaging, too, is changing as new, more child-resistant restrictions go into effect.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/01/29/colorado-marijuana-edibles-fire-sale-regulations-feb-1/28775/

I guess the thing I need to keep in mind is that the rules/laws are going to vary from legalized state to legalized state, and just because one state is doing something doesn't mean there's a countrywide law governing it. That's my B for generalizing, but the 10mg thing still holds true in CO.

What I know for sure is that that's the letter of the law. What I don't know is how or even whether it's enforced.

Last edited:
My guess is this question will get the response that I'm hyper paranoid, but that just goes to show how severe and traumatic this was. I haven't smoked weed in a decade, because it didnt agree with me. Recently a close friend convinced me that edible medical weed was a completely different experience, more like an opiate high in your body and blah blah. I made the mistake of trying it, what I understand as small or regular dose/serving of about 10mg. I had the worst night of my life. Tripped so bad I was sure it wasn't real, lost all short term memory, sense of time, all feeling in my body, and went into full blown terror. I haven't recovered yet. I believe I'm in a state of aftershock or trauma.
Anyway, I'm illogically terrified of having that feeling again, so much so that I'm scared to eat any food in the house for fear my girlfriend might have touched it and then touched the food...which is crazy.

Now, I enjoy oxy and it calms me down a lot. I'm well aware of it's normal effects on me. However, in my terror of weed, I have learned that it remains in your body (specifically fat cells?) for an undetermined length of time, and there are anecdotes of people having extra highs from things like exercising that causes their fat storages to open and release the chemical back into their system. I don't know if there's truth to that, and frankly I am terrified that there might be. I couldn't handle that again.

Which brings me to my question. I also have read plenty about oxy 'potentiating' weed highs and vice versa. Is it AT ALL possible that if i were to dose some oxy (45-60mg) that I could relive even a little of the weed high?

Very strange reaction to Cannabis alone. It seemed you were describing a bad trip from a huge dose of LSD.
I´ve heard that people who are propense to schizophrenia may experience you have described. Or maybe you just had too much, and were maybe anxious.

It´s true that weed stays in your body for a long time. It may show in your exams even a couple of months later, so I´ve been told. But that does not mean you will have a trip out of the blue or when you take another drug.
Try to see if you remember what state of mind you had before using weed. I say this because 10 mg is not that much.

I believe if you take that with cannabis you may experience different reactions and the opiate may actually calm you down.
Anyways, I also suggest you stop doing drugs for sometime. Maybe this your body telling you to calm down.

Oh yeah, you can get them in massive sizes, but the dosing will be at little 10mg chunks, iirc.

So that 500mg chocolate bar would be, technically, a whopping 50 doses if I'm right.... but I never rule out the possibility that I'm wrong. Happens a fucking lot, man.

Hold on, lemme google some shit real quick....

[EDIT: Aha! Success:

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/01/29/colorado-marijuana-edibles-fire-sale-regulations-feb-1/28775/

I guess the thing I need to keep in mind is that the rules/laws are going to vary from legalized state to legalized state, and just because one state is doing something doesn't mean there's a countrywide law governing it. That's my B for generalizing, but the 10mg thing still holds true in CO.

What I know for sure is that that's the letter of the law. What I don't know is how or even whether it's enforced.

Idk if they were divided into 10mg square but not that you mention it I do remember the chocolate bars at least made it easy to break off into small pieces.. probably like 20 little sqaures if you broke it up. But I remember getting these capsules from haborside that said they were made with something like a half gram of hash. It was small enough to swallow and labeled something like "extra strong" or some similar warning. One of those would make me uncomfortably high and that's when I was smoking probably around 1/2oz or more a week. I can't say for certain but I think they might have been more for cancer patients and terminally ill... lol

BUt ya that was the law that I was talking about. A lot of regulations have to do with public opinion. Colorado now stand as the pot leaders of the country for the most part so I'd say it is very likely that whatever CO does other recreational and probably even medical states will follow suite. Edibles are terrible for public opinion as well, probably the worst way to OD on weed because of how long the discomfort and confusion will last for.

no, bro, you said yourself it's in your fat. you need to burn your fat to trip the fuck out. it's like an edible but better because that shit's already there, you just have to re-metabolize it.

also, I've read about a native north american people that trip balls by drinking the urine of a shaman that's currently tripping balls while pissing. the hallucinogen stays in the piss, no shit, and the people drink it to get the mystical effect. you could probably do the same with weed, tbh.
Is that what you do Jeb