• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can oxy bring out any of the weed in my body?

JohnnySwim

Greenlighter
My guess is this question will get the response that I'm hyper paranoid, but that just goes to show how severe and traumatic this was. I haven't smoked weed in a decade, because it didnt agree with me. Recently a close friend convinced me that edible medical weed was a completely different experience, more like an opiate high in your body and blah blah. I made the mistake of trying it, what I understand as small or regular dose/serving of about 10mg. I had the worst night of my life. Tripped so bad I was sure it wasn't real, lost all short term memory, sense of time, all feeling in my body, and went into full blown terror. I haven't recovered yet. I believe I'm in a state of aftershock or trauma.
Anyway, I'm illogically terrified of having that feeling again, so much so that I'm scared to eat any food in the house for fear my girlfriend might have touched it and then touched the food...which is crazy.

Now, I enjoy oxy and it calms me down a lot. I'm well aware of it's normal effects on me. However, in my terror of weed, I have learned that it remains in your body (specifically fat cells?) for an undetermined length of time, and there are anecdotes of people having extra highs from things like exercising that causes their fat storages to open and release the chemical back into their system. I don't know if there's truth to that, and frankly I am terrified that there might be. I couldn't handle that again.

Which brings me to my question. I also have read plenty about oxy 'potentiating' weed highs and vice versa. Is it AT ALL possible that if i were to dose some oxy (45-60mg) that I could relive even a little of the weed high?

no, bro, you said yourself it's in your fat. you need to burn your fat to trip the fuck out. it's like an edible but better because that shit's already there, you just have to re-metabolize it.

also, I've read about a native north american people that trip balls by drinking the urine of a shaman that's currently tripping balls while pissing. the hallucinogen stays in the piss, no shit, and the people drink it to get the mystical effect. you could probably do the same with weed, tbh.

no, bro, you said yourself it's in your fat. you need to burn your fat to trip the fuck out. it's like an edible but better because that shit's already there, you just have to re-metabolize it.

also, I've read about a native north american people that trip balls by drinking the urine of a shaman that's currently tripping balls while pissing. the hallucinogen stays in the piss, no shit, and the people drink it to get the mystical effect. you could probably do the same with weed, tbh.

So you're saying if I go for a run I could get high again? You're saying better, but maybe missed the part where I'm terrified of that.

what i'm missing is how you're afraid of a drug but want to relive the experience.

that just goes right the fuck over my head, brother.

[EDIT: Lemme stop being an asshole on the off-chance you're being genuine. The question is after dosing oxycodone would you be able to handle a small amount of marijuana, despite not being able to handle marijuana without any other drug in your system? My answer is maybe, and that's about as scientific as you're gonna get with that without experimenting.

If the question is would dosing oxycodone feel similar to smoking a small amount of marijuana, I'd have to say nope. Not one bit.

Burning fat cells will not get you high again, regardless of how much weed you smoke in your downtime. This is not to be confused with a runner's high, which is definitely a real thing not associated with drug use.]

Last edited:
what i'm missing is how you're afraid of a drug but want to relive the experience(s) without experiencing it again.

I DONT want to relive it at all! I'm asking if there's any possibility oxy will trigger the weed effects bc if there is, I'm not touching the oxy. And apparently I'm not moving for a month so I don't burn any fat. I'm looking to avoid any possibility of getting high. Think you misunderstood.

what i'm missing is how you're afraid of a drug but want to relive the experience.

[EDIT: Lemme stop being an asshole on the off-chance you're being genuine. The question is after dosing oxycodone would you be able to handle a small amount of marijuana, despite not being able to handle marijuana without any other drug in your system? My answer is maybe, and that's about as scientific as you're gonna get with that without experimenting.

If the question is would dosing oxycodone feel similar to smoking a small amount of marijuana, I'd have to say nope. Not one bit.

Burning fat cells will not get you high again, regardless of how much weed you smoke in your downtime. This is not to be confused with a runner's high, which is definitely a real thing not associated with drug use.]

Just saw you're edit. Actually neither are my question. I'm asking that since there is thc dormant in my body, could taking oxy trigger the VERY UNWANTED effects of the weed high, Since I've read one potentiates the other. Thanks for your help.

Think you misunderstood.

Absolutely.

If you don't smoke weed, you won't have any weird hypothetical flashbacks. You'll be good.

It may still be in your system, but not in any way that's psychoactive or even like the initial chemicals you put into your system when you smoked-- the metabolites from your drug use is detectable, is all. They're not "dormant," they're just there doing what they do, which is doing absolutely nothing other than being there until your body excretes them in one of several ways.

Your ridiculous terror of the cannabis high is making this all worse. Take like a month off doing drugs and get some exercise.

Well thank you for your bedside manner... Trust me I'd rather not feel this way. Thank you.

welcome to bluelight, JohnnySwim. that sucks that you had a traumatic experience on drugs recently. i know a girl who reacted severely to green as well. froze up for hours. threw up when we eventually carried her inside to lay her on a couch. who knows what was going on inside her head. like Jilbut said, the only way you're going to get high on pot again is if you use pot again. and like Monk said, you should get exercise and lay off drugs for a short period. eating well, drinking water, getting sleep. sounds like you scrambled your head a bit. other psychoactive drugs probably aren't going to help get it cleared up. best of luck and hope you're feeling better soon.

welcome to bluelight, JohnnySwim. that sucks that you had a traumatic experience on drugs recently. i know a girl who reacted severely to green as well. froze up for hours. threw up when we eventually carried her inside to lay her on a couch. who knows what was going on inside her head. like Jilbut said, the only way you're going to get high on pot again is if you use pot again. and like Monk said, you should get exercise and lay off drugs for a short period. eating well, drinking water, getting sleep. sounds like you scrambled your head a bit. other psychoactive drugs aren't going to help get it cleared up. best of luck and hope you're feeling better soon.

thanks for the welcome, and for the story. yea, i'm close friends with many daily weed users, so i'm well aware that my reaction was severe and unusual, especially considering i was in a room with someone who took exactly what i did and they "got lightheaded", but what happened in my mind, and i'm sure my resulting anxiety going out of control, was something I've yet to recover from. Trust me I was more than prepared for the "dude stop being a lil bitch...it's just weed" comments, so thank you for being respectful.

i was looking to fall back on something i know relaxes me and calms me down, even helps me sleep. but you all make a good point, nothing can go wrong if i steer clear.

Hey OP, you have nothing to worry about just stay away from weed. Panic attacks are pretty common with new/unfamiliar users and personally I've never enjoyed edibles and I've been a pot head for 7+ years, smoking most every day all day.

As far as thc storing in your fat cells- with the extremely low dose that you did I doubt it will be in your system for more than a couple days, and the tiny amount that might possibly be stored in fat cells won't get you high. I've never gotten high from fat cells and I exercise pretty hard, used to smoke an ounce a week.

Do you take oxy a lot? 40-60mg sounds like a pretty heavy dose for someone without a tolerance. Your terrible weed experience could have to do with chemical levels in the brain or whatever due to an oxy habit. I know a few friends who were heavy stoners then started on oxy and no longer enjoy smoking weed. Personally I love the two seperately but can't stand the blend. The body load is extremely uncomfortable and mentally I just feel WAY too fucking high and out of it.

You will be fine taking oxy IMO, but as someone who has gone through oxy addiction I have to advise you to look into your long term health and seriously consider quitting.

Really, no one can say for certain what happened and what was the exact cause. Environmental circumstance could have taken a role as well. Best advice I can give you is to eat healthy, get good exercise in, and get some solid sleep. Those things I can promise will improve your long term mental and physical state.

Hey OP, you have nothing to worry about just stay away from weed. Panic attacks are pretty common with new/unfamiliar users and personally I've never enjoyed edibles and I've been a pot head for 7+ years, smoking most every day all day.

As far as thc storing in your fat cells- with the extremely low dose that you did I doubt it will be in your system for more than a couple days, and the tiny amount that might possibly be stored in fat cells won't get you high. I've never gotten high from fat cells and I exercise pretty hard, used to smoke an ounce a week.

Do you take oxy a lot? 40-60mg sounds like a pretty heavy dose for someone without a tolerance. Your terrible weed experience could have to do with chemical levels in the brain or whatever due to an oxy habit. I know a few friends who were heavy stoners then started on oxy and no longer enjoy smoking weed. Personally I love the two seperately but can't stand the blend. The body load is extremely uncomfortable and mentally I just feel WAY too fucking high and out of it.

You will be fine taking oxy IMO, but as someone who has gone through oxy addiction I have to advise you to look into your long term health and seriously consider quitting.

Really, no one can say for certain what happened and what was the exact cause. Environmental circumstance could have taken a role as well. Best advice I can give you is to eat healthy, get good exercise in, and get some solid sleep. Those things I can promise will improve your long term mental and physical state.

I wouldn't say a LOT but fairly often. I don't get any withdrawals when I don't take it. But yea a 30 wouldn't do much for me other than maybe help me sleep through the night. I'd agree with you that maybe it couldve influenced the bad time, except that I stopped smoking a decade ago because it didn't agree w me. And I can't imagine a more comfortable environment. I was with my girlfriend in our home just watching TV. But who knows
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for your response. The info I've gotten seems a little conflicting some saying the thc isn't in chemical form to create a high anymore once in fat cells, vs the others saying it is, but in small doses etc. At least everyone seems to agree it's not a concern.

I suppose it is possible since they can test for levels in urine, but I do have to ask are they actually finding thc in urine or some metabolite byproduct of thc after the body has processed it? this I don't know and haven't looked into it.

My thoughts are that because it was such an extremely low dose that your body has probably already processed and passed most of the initial dose, and even if it were to store up in your fat cells it would only be a fraction of what was consumed. That fraction that was stored in fat cells then would likely only be metabolized in fractions at a time, only a tiny tiny fraction of the initial dose.

For it to really be in your system for a long period of time I think that you have to be using it regularly if not heavily as well. 0.1g(100mg) is probably 1-3 hits in a pipe for me, used to start the day with about 1g joint. I could be wrong, but I doubt 1-3 hits in a pipe would stay in someones system longer than a week, likely less than 3 days... but that's all speculation on my part.

One last thing to consider, are you sure it was just 10mg of cannabis baked into edibles? Maybe it was 10mg of super potent hash oil? or even a synthetic cannabinoid? I ask because 1mg = .001g, and .1g is a really low dose imo, .01g(10mg) seems like it would be practically inactive if it was 10mg of bud. Even 10mg of THC seems pretty low as edibles in MMJ clubs are usually around .5g(500mg) or more. I ask if it was possible synthetic cannabinoid because 10mg is a pretty large dose from what I understand after reading in the synthetic mega thread, also your experience sounds similar to many who have OD'd on synthetics.

Last edited:
I
One last thing to consider, are you sure it was just 10mg of cannabis baked into edibles? Maybe it was 10mg of super potent hash oil? or even a synthetic cannabinoid? I ask because 1mg = .001g, and .1g is a really low dose imo, .01g(10mg) seems like it would be practically inactive if it was 10mg of bud. Even 10mg of THC seems pretty low as edibles in MMJ clubs are usually around .5g(500mg) or more. I ask if it was possible synthetic cannabinoid because 10mg is a pretty large dose from what I understand after reading in the synthetic mega thread, also your experience sounds similar to many who have OD'd on synthetics.

Idk. It was a cheeba chew from Colorado.

For it to really be in your system for a long period of time I think that you have to be using it regularly if not heavily as well. 0.1g(100mg) is probably 1-3 hits in a pipe for me, used to start the day with about 1g joint.

Idk. It was a cheeba chew from Colorado.

From what I can tell, 10mg is the standardized dose in the recreational cannabis edible market.

Seems like it's difficult to find varying doses that aren't sold separately or together in anything other than increments of 10mg.

That said, I ate and drank a combined 40mg when I went to Seattle and didn't really feel anything special until I smoked a joint with it after two or three Game of Thrones episodes with my sister-in-law, so.... I agree that 10mg is a small dose.

I think that's why they do it that way, though. Better safe than sorry when it comes to edibles and overdoing them.

That said, I ate and drank a combined 40mg when I went to Seattle and didn't really feel anything special until I smoked a joint with it after two or three Game of Thrones episodes with my sister-in-law, so.... I agree that 10mg is a small dose.

My mistake may have been not watching GoT! Valar margulis.

From what I can tell, 10mg is the standardized dose in the recreational cannabis edible market.

Seems like it's difficult to find varying doses that aren't sold separately or together in anything other than increments of 10mg.

I think that's why they do it that way, though. Better safe than sorry when it comes to edibles and overdoing them.

I guess I could be wrong... I know I saw in a weed documentary that fairly recently the legal/medical edible market was catching flak from people ODing which causes producers to put smaller amount. My numbers are just based on first hand experience at a few local clubs. I used to get these capsules that said they contained about half a gram and would fuck me up, or these half gram(500+mg) chocolate bars. Sometimes I'd eat two in a matter of hours. I know the chocolate bars said 500mg thc. That was also when I was waking up and smoking a gram or more most days.

It's got to be 10mg of THC I would think, as 10mg of plant material would be near impossible to measure and insert into edible at that measured amount. I read on these forums that marinol comes in 10mg doses but I believe that is 10mg THC. 10-20% of 100mg is 10-20mg, so I guess that makes sense in terms of THC dose.