• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Can Opioids Treat Gabapentinoid Withdrawal??

Yes, it does increase GABA synthesis and perhaps even increases the expression of GABAA receptors themselves to a minor degree, but its clinical effects come from its ion channel (calcium) blocking properties. Whatever the GABAergic properties it may have are pretty minor (especially with respect to it anticonvulsant effects). Maybe the minor secondary GABAergic effects have implications in other areas (neuropsychiatric) but it would probably take a while for that to materialize.
My theory is that the Ca channel effects mediate the antiepileptic properties but the other two major activities (inducing a glutamate -> GABA enzyme, and as dosage rises inhibition of glutamate reuptake, GLT-1) are major players about the recreational and anxiolytic effects. There's a paper that the analgesic properties are mediated (indirectly) over NMDA receptors. They say pregabalin normalizes over-active NMDA receptors.

Noooooo, metabolize it slower! Keep that shit in my system as long as possible! :p
Most of the stuff your organs metabolize isn't exactly what you want to have staying around. Just look at dialysis patients.

Hey OP, I'm sorry I missed the fact that you're already taking Opioids. This makes the answer a little easier. I doubt that the relief your after will come through Opioids.

I let my doc know either im gonna buy them at the homie's or please let me not die by laying in bed freaking out while still and forgetting to eat. It should not be whipped around like it is. If you start a benzo habit because gaba cessation leaves you unable to function it is sealed like a burial of weight gain, black outs, multiple gabagernic addictions and stimulants to stay awake while you metabolize TV fuzz in the form of a conglomerate which got gabbies klons 16 units of alcohol and like 2 grams of coaine or less if I wash. This shit is the aspertame of gabagernics and now you wonder wtf keeps happening when you shit in the uber (then just do it at home sorry dude it still smelt like decomposing chemical supply eeeeeeee.

I know it works the other way around. And I've succesfully treated Xanax withdrawal with alcohol (the way alcohol wd is treated with benzo's) before, too.

Anyone know?

I have diabetic neuropathy in both legs....been out of Gabapentin for ~26 hours and no idea how the fuck I'm gonna make it to 27. Besides general anxiety/insomnia I can't stand the discomfort* in my legs any more! And I keep JUMPING where - as well as the general aching/burning in my legs - I keep getting this awful pain that's kind of like being stabbed with a needle into my joints mixed with an electric shock.

*please don't mistake "discomfort" for "milder pain": I just feel it is more descriptive of the very intense aching and burning pain. It is NOT mild.
I had a my heart stop a couple years ago. From that point on I bolth quit hard drugs and had nuropathy in my feet. I was taking 1500 mg a day and I'm down to 200mg today. I plan to quit in the next couple days. I was wondering if it was effecting my sleep because I woke up at 2am today my feet are hurting and I'm wearing these special lose socks and anyways to answer your question what I take for pain is Norco. I'm quiting nurotin so I can take Ativan instead... But anyways I find Norcos work better the nurotin which I feel leaves me a little drunk almost. Slower, not tired but just like I'm 20% sloth on the gabapentin. But I've been going through hell this month as I weened of it. It's bad. I don't recommend drinking though. Here in CA we have pain clinic. If you have health insurance you can go there to get your pills in case your planning to stay on it... I dunno if my feet get worse I'll go back on it but I rather have Ativan which help me sleep then what I'm dealing with all month waking up at 2-3am my feet hurting so bad I can sleep and it's so early it's hard to take a Norco.. I can buy I prefer taking less pain medication if I can get by with 3 pills instead 4 pain pills I will. But I can't do that ATM in fact I wish I had more pain meds... Sigh it's so hard to tell what's helping and what useless. I say keep a pain diary. Make lots of notes. Dunno I think it is useful to record everything. I wish they had floating cameras that followed you like in sci Fi. Or a robot dog like in snow crash.. ok it's too early.

I let my doc know either im gonna buy them at the homie's or please let me not die by laying in bed freaking out while still and forgetting to eat. It should not be whipped around like it is. If you start a benzo habit because gaba cessation leaves you unable to function it is sealed like a burial of weight gain, black outs, multiple gabagernic addictions and stimulants to stay awake while you metabolize TV fuzz in the form of a conglomerate which got gabbies klons 16 units of alcohol and like 2 grams of coaine or less if I wash. This shit is the aspertame of gabagernics and now you wonder wtf keeps happening when you shit in the uber (then just do it at home sorry dude it still smelt like decomposing chemical supply eeeeeeee.
Are you okay? You sound really out of it!

Are you okay? You sound really out of it!
Coming down and making food, lots of acid and realizing I'll blow my chances at a stable life if I keep up like I've been. Thanks LSD but I really should have like slept the day before eeek

Coming down and making food, lots of acid and realizing I'll blow my chances at a stable life if I keep up like I've been. Thanks LSD but I really should have like slept the day before eeek
Eat lots of healthy food and drink as much water as you can. Hope you have a lovely and restful sleep ✌🏻

If it like pregabalin wd it won't do much you just have to get something for anxiety valium helps a little