• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can opiods hold off benzos withdraw shortterm / half lifes

needhelp101

Greenlighter
quick questions, I take a benzo every 24hours
---1. If I usualy take my benzo at 4PM, but I just ingested oxycodone at 12 oclock, can I wait an extra 2 hours or more to take it without experiencing withdraw, (like 6pm or 8pm)
2. Is 4 hours good to wait in between taking a drug like oxycodone and a benzo? I usualy wait 6-8 hours, just seeing if thats necessary.

ty all
-;)

First of all, which benzo? Different benzos have wildly differing half-lives - Triazolam (Halcion) is mostly gone after a few hours, while Diazepam (Valium) has an active metabolite with a half-life of several days.
But no, opioids do not substitute for benzos when withdrawing. I suppose their euphoria can counteract the rebound anxiety, but it won't prevent the seizures you might get when withdrawing from a really high dose of benzos (benzos act on GABA-receptors, opioids act on, well, opioid receptors).

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Benzos work on the GABA receptors and opiates work on opiod receptors. It may make you feel better but seizures and other symtomps can easily break though.

it DOES help based on my own experience but I also had a opiate problem during my benzo problem, so any drug helped the other. however, you still will go through WD's and depending on your experience/dosage, you may be hit w/ hard WD's or you may have little to no WD's, just be careful. you do not mention your dosage, which is why I say this. if you are taking .5 - 1MG/day, then it shouldnt be a worry and taking the other will surly help, but be careful because addiction to the other easily takes over the body.

the two drugs together are the two worst to take together and then go through withdrawals together, which is why I was hit w/ seizures only to find out I had a brain tumor - yes, NOT GOOD, I know!

give us more details and we can help out but bottom line, its NOT EASY but if you are NOT taking much, then its much easier.

When I was deep into my addiction I routinely did heroin and xanax together. It took quite a long time to build up enough of a tolerance to be functional on that, and I still fell out when I got my doses wrong.

BBT is right. One won't magically cure the withdrawals from the other, only help you not to feel so bad.

At the dosages you are taking, I wouldn't sweat taking it at your usually time. Just don't make it a habit of mixing the two. That addiction is like a two headed dragon that is constantly feeding itself...