• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can my Doctor tell if I've been snorting?

Mattellis

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm pretty new here in terms of membership and have a question I don't know who else I can ask.

If I have been snorting Opana (Oxymorphone 40mg.) for instant chronic, longterm pain relief, daily, for well over a year, is there any way that they are going to know that if I have to go into the hospital for various tests, and to change my unintended addiction to opiates? All of my drug consumption has been legal - in that they were the result of valid, needed prescriptions. It's just that I got accustomed to snorting the Opana shortly after receiving it for the first time since it brought instantaneous pain relief.

I've been doing the nasal flush thing with saline for a few days, and taking the Opana orally only, but don't know if they will be able to tell in the hospital that I've been doing this. Any help or ideas are appreciated.:?:?:?

They can't really tell for sure if you've been snorting or not. If you have a deviated septum, they can speculate that you have, but nothing concrete..

One sign for that is if your breathing squeeks all the time you inhale or exhale through nose.

^ That is definetely one symptom, others include nosebleeds, sinus infections, headaches, and obviously nasal congestion.

Many thanks. I haven't had any nosebleeds or sinus infections, etc... I have had some pain relief, but honestly, it's almost as if they don't want to give you enough to actually be helpful.....not to beat a horse long-dead, I'm sure.

Maybe I'll be alright. Not sure if they will have any reason so look up there anyway.

Unless you have Opana crumbs falling out of your nostril, you should be just fine. I wouldn't stress out about it..

Yeah Mattellis, I wouldn't worry too much if you have been flushing your nose out with saline and been taking them orally. I definitely know about opana, and how it works wonderful sniffed, but really doesn't do a whole lot when taken as prescribed. In fact opana is probably the best thing I have ever put up my nose! I haven't had one in years though. But yeah you will be fine! don't stress it. As long as you just take it orally when you go to see your doc, and make sure there is no opana visible in your nostrils, you will be more than likely not be called out. Even if you have a deviated septum, how can they prove that you have been sniffing your opana? they cant. Just be careful not to have any visible white specks in your nostrils on doc visits and your good!