• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants can meth be used responsibly?

Yes. I can snap quit almost all habits and used to have leftover dexedrine every month. and I love the way it makes you feel but you can just tell how toxic it is. For that reason it's easiy to be responsible. Just like opiates, I used them for about 6 months straight.. well, kinda. something like 4 days on/3 days off and I took 10 days off in there too. I actually trained my fiancee' to nly have 3 good E's a night. she used to always take 6 e's within 6 hours (b/c she was taught this)

this was back in 2000 too.

there ARE people that can do drugs like meth socially or occasionally, but imo it's not worth the risk.
SMOKE WEED!

I agree with MperfectdrugJ. DO NOT FUCKING SMOKE METH. I've even shot the shit...but smoking meth hooked me the first time and I was FUCKED.

the problem is the way meth works, you will FEEL like you are well in control of your using until its too late.

as a former hardcore meth user, i wouldn't recommend anyone take even one hit of the stuff. SPECIALLY not to self-medicate. that is just begging for trouble.

can meth be used responsibly overall? you could make the case that yeah, its possible, but of the people i know who continue to use regularly and would insist that they are living examples - none of them are people i'd want to trade lives with at all.

could you do it once a month and avoid addiction or consequences? i doubt it. the people who seem to be able to do meth that infrequently don't really connect with it in the first place. if you've already invited the devil in and enjoyed his company, i'm betting he won't want to leave easily.

Meth as I'm sure above posters have mentioned is an extremely psychologically addictive substance. I've been a heroin addict for years (now on subs) but found meth's psychological addiction at least on par with heroin, and when I was using meth on the street, I would try to quit it and after three days or so I would always end up going out and relapsing again because I felt completely useless without it-there definitely are withdrawals, maybe not like heroin, alcohol or benzodiazepine withdrawals for sure, but withdrawals nonetheless that make cocaine look like a bitch IMO. And I would go back to this drug despite the fact that it was ruining my life which was already really bad (homeless, heroin addicted, hep c, etc..). Maybe get some Dexadrine or something, meth will have you thinking its all cool and then its ugliness creeps up right when you least expect it.

Haven't read most of the other posts in this thread, but IMO: yes, it can be used recreationally/"responsibly", but it is difficult if you enjoy the effects of the drug.

Also, one really annoying symptom of WD I get is having absolutely 0 energy the next day or two following even light usage of methamphetamine.

I think I'm what they call a "functioning addict". Even when I'm on meth, I still manage to take care of myself, kids, work, pay rent and bills, eat, sleep, and not "pheen" for more dope. If thats what u mean by responsible then yes its possible. Maybe it all depends on the users mind set. I have my occasional cravings but It affects everybody differently. To some, going from feeling like you're at the tip-top of existence, pissing down on the rest of everybody's miserable existances, back down to one of those you just pissed on can be kind of a downer.

Methamphetamine can be used recreationally though I DO NOT recommend using street meth recreationally. IF you must use stimulants Adderall and Dextroamphetamine are probably your best bet ~ though if you must use street meth it will be costly, and destroy your personality. DO NOT IV or SMOKE if you plan on using it frequently it is best to insufflate or eat it and use the smallest possible dose- I don't believe there is such a thing as a functioning substance user- Hope this helps

Last edited:
I beg to differ- there are some peeps I know who overdosed on less than a dime of black tar H